Jeeponomics 201: Toledo Griff

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:49 am How hard was it to drop the windshield Pecs? I haven’t done that.
Unfortunately, it's rather a PITA on JKs. JLs were actually designed to make it easier/faster to drop the windshield.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:52 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:49 am How hard was it to drop the windshield Pecs? I haven’t done that.
Unfortunately, it's rather a PITA on JKs. JLs were actually designed to make it easier/faster to drop the windshield.
Yeah I had heard that, but wasn’t sure. I’ll look up what it takes to drop it on a JK compared to the 4 bolts that Pecs said for his.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:08 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:03 pm Image

Beach mode: Engaged.
I find it interesting to hear that “most will never take tops of door off” comments yet every single person I have known to have em do it on the regular ! Awesome !

Folding windshield though.... have yet to see it
It's pretty much impossible to take the hard top off if you don't have a garage...
SAWCE

I’m gonna get a few quotes for rhino lining the tub of my Jeep.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Eh, I don't really see why you'd want to... that said I'm sure I'll try it eventually. I am :excited: to do doors off, but :tits: is :triggered: that it's "dangerous" so it'll have to be sometime when she's away or whatever.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:51 am
Pop the windshield wipers off and then it’s 4 bolts at the top of the windshield frame. Wifey did it while I was putting on some sunblock. :lol:
There is a lot to unpack with this statement
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:17 am
Eh, I don't really see why you'd want to... that said I'm sure I'll try it eventually. I am :excited: to do doors off, but :tits: is :triggered: that it's "dangerous" so it'll have to be sometime when she's away or whatever.
Post Office has been cruising around with no doors for years!

Good enough for government work.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:17 am
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:51 am

Pop the windshield wipers off and then it’s 4 bolts at the top of the windshield frame. Wifey did it while I was putting on some sunblock. :lol:
There is a lot to unpack with this statement
It was sunny and I’m whiter than Casper.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Windshield isn’t meant to be driven around with folded down. It’s to fold down to get through an obstacle than put back up to continue driving.

Doors off was weird at first, biggest issue is the lack of door mirrors when there aren’t doors. But a couple mins down the road it was awesome and I’m looking forward to our next trip sans-doors.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:27 am

Windshield isn’t meant to be driven around with folded down. It’s to fold down to get through an obstacle than put back up to continue driving.

Doors off was weird at first, biggest issue is the lack of door mirrors when there aren’t doors. But a couple mins down the road it was awesome and I’m looking forward to our next trip sans-doors.
I grabbed some cheap mirrors on amazon to drop in the hinge holes. They vibrate and don’t work great, but $20 made me legal, although I haven’t put them on this time and I’ve been doorless for about a month now.

I may buy some nicer ones that are supposed to not vibrate.
Last edited by SAWCE on Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE

Just called the bed lining shop that people in the local Jeep club recommended to me. $1400 if I bring it in with all the seats and carpets, $750 if I remove everything myself and all the have to do is remove the driver’s seat. :notbad: I’ll budget to do this in the next month or two.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:34 am Just called the bed lining shop that people in the local Jeep club recommended to me. $1400 if I bring it in with all the seats and carpets, $750 if I remove everything myself and all the have to do is remove the driver’s seat. :notbad: I’ll budget to do this in the next month or two.
Wow they charge 10 hrs of labor to remove the interior ? :impressive:
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:35 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:34 am Just called the bed lining shop that people in the local Jeep club recommended to me. $1400 if I bring it in with all the seats and carpets, $750 if I remove everything myself and all the have to do is remove the driver’s seat. :notbad: I’ll budget to do this in the next month or two.
Wow they charge 10 hrs of labor to remove the interior ? :impressive:
Assuming their labor rate is $65/hr. I wonder what it actually is.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

:triggered:

Walking down the street is dangerous.

Get some nets, if she's that concerned.
SAWCE

Wocka Wocka wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:45 am

Or trail doors. I think they look cool.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:46 am

Are those the bars?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

She is scared of many things that aren't actually dangerous :ohwell:

I will just :doit: when she isn't around.
SAWCE

Wocka Wocka wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:51 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:46 am

Are those the bars?
There are different version, but they’re all essentially this:

max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:54 am

Ima take her side here, driving without doors certainly increases the danger level substantially. My :tits: certainly wouldn’t do It either.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:05 pm

Ima take her side here, driving without doors certainly increases the danger level substantially. My :tits: certainly wouldn’t do It either.
I clearly hit the :tits: jackpot.

Rides motorcycles.

Wants a 2 door, soft top, :manuel: wrongler.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqWuYc6d7-E

I'd leave the doors on if driving on the street, personally. Last thing you want is to be crusing around with your foot on the fender because jeep things and get in a roll over accident.
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:34 pm

I'd leave the doors on if driving on the street, personally. Last thing you want is to be crusing around with your foot on the fender because jeep things and get in a roll over accident.
If you’re driving fast enough that a roll over is possible I’d like to think that most of us here would have the common sense to not have appendages hanging outside the body..
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:36 pm

If you’re driving fast enough that a roll over is possible I’d like to think that most of us here would have the common sense to not have appendages hanging outside the body..
Dat. I ride motorcycles, so I'm taking just as much risk every time I get on one of those as if I had my doors of on a :jeep:

It's all a game of risk/reward. I'd rock no doors, but I guess I understand those who don't.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:word: I don't think I'd :doit: on the highway. It would be fun in some instances though, like at the beach the other week. We probably never exceeded 35 MPH the whole time as we were just :derp: around the island and driving on the beach. I think I rode my bike more miles than we drove once we got there.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:36 pm

The issue is keeping appendages inside the body in the event of a collision...

Still, I love driving without doors on.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.