A DFD Public Coronavirus Announcement

Step right up and take a hot cup of welcome!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:55 pm Y'all staying home or :wtf: is up... no one should be going to work right now... at least (most people) with office jobs. Why is everyone so quiet ?
I’ll be back at an alternate site tomorrow unless I’m told otherwise.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:55 pm Y'all staying home or :wtf: is up... no one should be going to work right now... at least (most people) with office jobs. Why is everyone so quiet ?
Bossbro (prez of company) sent everyone home this afternoon until further notice after finding out that an employee in the warehouse may have been exposed to the "Big C" through his wife. :thisisfine:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:28 pm
Still open, with shortened hours (closing one hour earlier, big fucking whoop).

:disgust:

Max, what’s going on in Russia? Been very quiet on that news front lately. Coronavirus taking a hold there or is it just 3.6 Roentgen as usual?
Dude they shut us down... Bay Area is shelter in place order... ain’t nobody going to any :dillerman:

Russia:
They are in a mini panic like we are ... masks were going for $60 euro.

But they have far fewer official cases. Seems like they are just sheltering In place.

I frankly don’t see/hear of many cases, we have 6000 employees and we work with China on the dialy... 0 confirmed cases for us ...

:notsure: why such a panic is on. No one cared until the pasta tossers freaked out
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

My sister just posted pics of her and some friends with kids families at the beach, and eating out at some crammed restaurants.
Labeled as "Spring Break 2020!"
My dad just had neurosurgery to alleviate some blood from his brain area. My sister is the only person that keeps tabs on him (She moved him to Florida with power of attorney over him years ago because he wasn't capable of functioning).

So I'm calling it now. She's gonna get the shit, and not have any symptoms and then pass it off to him and then wonder where the hell it came from, and I'll be the one to point out the obvious to her.
I messaged my mom with "is this bitch serious?" and her response..... "your point?"

So yeah. I don't really care much what happens to my dad, but watch. My sister making some stupid moves like this is a pretty selfish move.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I work corporate security for a financial institution (usually will not shut down unless it’s martial law because economic importance [all financial institutions]) but at this point our actual office is WFH at a 60% capacity and will increase this week to be around 75%. My job will most likely be safer than going to “work” elsewhere due to lack of ppl working.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Acid666 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:56 pm My sister just posted pics of her and some friends with kids families at the beach, and eating out at some crammed restaurants.
Labeled as "Spring Break 2020!"
My dad just had neurosurgery to alleviate some blood from his brain area. My sister is the only person that keeps tabs on him (She moved him to Florida with power of attorney over him years ago because he wasn't capable of functioning).

So I'm calling it now. She's gonna get the shit, and not have any symptoms and then pass it off to him and then wonder where the hell it came from, and I'll be the one to point out the obvious to her.
I messaged my mom with "is this bitch serious?" and her response..... "your point?"

So yeah. I don't really care much what happens to my dad, but watch. My sister making some stupid moves like this is a pretty selfish move.
SpRiNg BrEaK 2020! CaN’t TeLl Me WhAt To Do!!!
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Desertbreh

[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:39 pm The panic is misdirected.

People are just hoarding and prepping instead of just sheltering in place and preventing spread.

Getting all upset when their St. Patty’s day festivities are cancelled.

Nobody can think big picture. Fuck the economy. Fuck big business. Let’s press pause for 2 weeks to save our parents and grandparents, our aunts and uncles, our neighbors.
There are an enormous amount of Americans who still just do not get it.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
razr390

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:34 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:28 pm

Still open, with shortened hours (closing one hour earlier, big fucking whoop).

Max, what’s going on in Russia? Been very quiet on that news front lately. Coronavirus taking a hold there or is it just 3.6 Roentgen as usual?
Dude they shut us down... Bay Area is shelter in place order... ain’t nobody going to any :dillerman:

Russia:

But they have far fewer official cases. Seems like they are just sheltering In place.

I frankly don’t see/hear of many cases, we have 6000 employees and we work with China on the dialy... 0 confirmed cases for us ...

:notsure: why such a panic is on. No one cared until the pasta tossers freaked out
I have a friend who has a Russian GF and she said people with symptoms get sent home from hospital and get told not to talk about it.

Russia is probably at or around proportionally as bad as China was (before it tapered off) but they would rather vote Putin in for unlimited terms than publicly handle coronavirus
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:10 am
[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:39 pm The panic is misdirected.

People are just hoarding and prepping instead of just sheltering in place and preventing spread.

Getting all upset when their St. Patty’s day festivities are cancelled.

Nobody can think big picture. Fuck the economy. Fuck big business. Let’s press pause for 2 weeks to save our parents and grandparents, our aunts and uncles, our neighbors.
There are an enormous amount of Americans who still just do not get it.
:pouroneout:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:11 am
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:34 pm

Russia:

I have a friend who has a Russian GF and she said people with symptoms get sent home from hospital and get told not to talk about it.

Russia is probably at or around proportionally as bad as China was (before it tapered off) but they would rather vote Putin in for unlimited terms than publicly handle coronavirus
That’s not happening ... As far as I know
But there is a story circulating that the us started the virus outbreak to dampen Chinese economy
razr390

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:44 am
razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:11 am

That’s not happening ... As far as I know
But there is a story circulating that the us started the virus outbreak to dampen Chinese economy
I’m sure that’s what the Chinese government is pushing.

Dampen the Chinese economy to then increase the chance of war? Once China is not the end all be all of manufacturing and trade with the US/global economy what’s to stop them from trying to assume global dominance by other means
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

WFH with the mandate that a report is issued to explain what hours were worked on which project. :notbad:

Kids and wifey home too so I will probably do 4hr and 4hr today. Coming up with some outdoor activities and science/math/reading exercises.... or we say fk it and watch movies.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Still going to work 45hrs a week. Still see coworkers take a piss and not even put their hands in some water.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Louisiana is the worst affected per capita. :rage:

Why are people so stupid. Its mainly new orleans and surround but slowly spreading out each day.

171 cases and 4 deaths 9 days into it. We will out pace italy alone.

http://ldh.la.gov/Coronavirus/
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

CaleDeRoo wrote:Still going to work 45hrs a week. Still see coworkers take a piss and not even put their hands in some water.

The stories I have from my office bathroom are pretty impressive. Glad I'm not going in anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:06 am Still going to work 45hrs a week. Still see coworkers take a piss and not even put their hands in some water.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:30 am WFH with the mandate that a report is issued to explain what hours were worked on which project. :notbad:

Kids and wifey home too so I will probably do 4hr and 4hr today. Coming up with some outdoor activities and science/math/reading exercises.... or we say fk it and watch movies.
:notbad:

our Co is literally to large to effectively organize a WFH plan for all. ALone about 30-40% are able to WFH. My position isnt one of them. :pouroneout:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

dubshow wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:34 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:06 am Still going to work 45hrs a week. Still see coworkers take a piss and not even put their hands in some water.
Just got asked to work 50 this week right after posting
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

This is the idiot we have to deal with who severely lacks comprehension. He's only mad because our governor is a democrat (but basically acts like a republican)
https://www.facebook.com/38845160817037 ... /?vh=e&d=n

My god I hate this fucking state. The idiots that rally around this retard are just appalling and genuinely uneducated. Another one that thinks this is a "Chinese virus that invaded us"
Last edited by Acid666 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Alright, I’ll :gtfo: now.

Adios.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:09 pm Alright, I’ll :gtfo: now.

Adios.
:sweaty: :nevermind:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:39 pm
Acid666 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:29 pm This is the idiot we have to deal with who severely lacks comprehension. He's only mad because our governor is a democrat (but basically acts like a republican)
https://www.facebook.com/38845160817037 ... /?vh=e&d=n

My god I hate this fucking state. The idiots that rally around this retard are just appalling and genuinely uneducated. Another one that things this is a "Chinese virus that invaded us"
A friend of mine... more an acquaintance at this point given our political disagreements, just shared that.

:facepalm:
sad how politics dictate friends now days.
wap

wap wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:19 pm
Bossbro (prez of company) sent everyone home this afternoon until further notice after finding out that an employee in the warehouse may have been exposed to the "Big C" through his wife. :thisisfine:
The employee tested positive for flu, not the Big C, so second shift is working tonight and everyone is going back to work tomorrow, on a voluntary basis. Bossbro firmly believes there'll be a mandatory shut down of all business next week so we want to produce and ship as much business as possible before that happens.
wap

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:09 pm Alright, I’ll :gtfo: now.

Adios.
:butwhy:
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

My sons :dillerman: made him work today bell to bell. They are doing alternate days instead of the usual schedule but that's to protect sales floor coverage, NOT the employees.

This thing is likely to bankrupt me if it gets as bad as it seems it will..... but I consider us an essential service that needs to stay open even though a big part of me would like to tell everyone to stay home.....