Car Talk 5: The Juice is Loose!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:22 pm It's back, pretty sure I could take it in for a faulty something or other now.
Buy back. Alpo R.
:dat:

You've got a 2017. I forget, are you certain it's misfire codes despite a tech stealing your OBD11?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:45 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Buy back. Alpo R.
:dat:

You've got a 2017. I forget, are you certain it's misfire codes despite a tech stealing your OBD11?

I'm not sure what the issue is at this point but I'm not counting any chickens before they hatch. Chances are it's something arbitrary, like a stuck exhaust valve on my aftermarket Remus exhaust which lands me a $130 diagnostic fee for nothing. :rolleyes:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

A wiring harness to the fuel tank seems to be popping up. Wonder if they damaged it when they replaced the fuel level sensor? Service manager things it might just be rattling around and wearing or something hit it... another rock?? :gtfo: These cars are finicky shits.

They are looking into whether or not my warranty plan covers harness. Car is coming out if the service bay. :popcorn:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Still not sure if its covered, but the repair parts and labor is $450. Waiting on approval from the warranty co. Between this and the gas tank sensor I'm at half of the warranty cost and it's only been 20 of the 120k of additional coverage. If you're sleeping with fluesies make sure to bag it LOL
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:34 pm A wiring harness to the fuel tank seems to be popping up. Wonder if they damaged it when they replaced the fuel level sensor? Service manager things it might just be rattling around and wearing or something hit it... another rock?? :gtfo: These cars are finicky shits.

They are looking into whether or not my warranty plan covers harness. Car is coming out if the service bay. :popcorn:
So a wiring harness is causing the CE?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:19 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:34 pm A wiring harness to the fuel tank seems to be popping up. Wonder if they damaged it when they replaced the fuel level sensor? Service manager things it might just be rattling around and wearing or something hit it... another rock?? :gtfo: These cars are finicky shits.

So a wiring harness is causing the CE?
Yup, covered. Harness was rubbing and wires exposed and corroded apparently. The corrosion piece was almost viewed as not covered but my SA went to bat.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote:
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:19 pm So a wiring harness is causing the CE?
Yup, covered. Harness was rubbing and wires exposed and corroded apparently. The corrosion piece was almost viewed as not covered but my SA went to bat.
That's why you send SA's on all expenses paid vacations Max.

max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:37 pm
Tarspin wrote:
That's why you send SA's on all expenses paid vacations Max.

Well it sounds like they fucked it up to begin with. But yea... My advisors are lovely people that treat me like family.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:51 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:37 pm That's why you send SA's on all expenses paid vacations Max.

Well it sounds like they fucked it up to begin with. But yea... My advisors are lovely people that treat me like family.
It will be :science: to see what the next 60k miles brings. Also the error code they got was P202600 fuel temp sensor circuit low voltage, diag found the wire harness that lead's to the fuel tank mounted sensor to be worn through and corroded. SA just sent me a copy of the invoice for reference.

I know that they accessed the level sensor from the top, removing the back seat, not sure how close that is to this sensor. We probably need more info to know the whole truth, like how the fuel tank temp sensor is routed.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote:
max225 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:51 pm Well it sounds like they fucked it up to begin with. But yea... My advisors are lovely people that treat me like family.
It will be :science: to see what the next 60k miles brings. Also the error code they got was P202600 fuel temp sensor circuit low voltage, diag found the wire harness that lead's to the fuel tank mounted sensor to be worn through and corroded. SA just sent me a copy of the invoice for reference.

I know that they accessed the level sensor from the top, removing the back seat, not sure how close that is to this sensor. We probably need more info to know the whole truth, like how the fuel tank temp sensor is routed.
Did you mention how your OBD11 went missing?

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:15 pm
Tarspin wrote:

Did you mention how your OBD11 went missing?

I did and they actually reviewed some camera footage but didn't see any evidence of someone going into the passenger side of the car or anyone holding it while walking away from the car.... I'm not sure and I'm willing to not make a big deal out of it. I don't like blaming people on the odd chance that I'm :wrong: . They said that they would keep an eye out for it knowing that it has a code hand written on the plastic housing in black marker. The service advisor who is freshly minted manager is a pretty good dude and I trust his integrity. It cost me $50, so I need to be aware not to leave toys like that in the car around a bunch of VAG junkies. Lesson learned I guess.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:39 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:15 pm Did you mention how your OBD11 went missing?

I did and they actually reviewed some camera footage but didn't see any evidence of someone going into the passenger side of the car or anyone holding it while walking away from the car.... I'm not sure and I'm willing to not make a big deal out of it. I don't like blaming people on the odd chance that I'm :wrong: . They said that they would keep an eye out for it knowing that it has a code hand written on the plastic housing in black marker. The service advisor who is freshly minted manager is a pretty good dude and I trust his integrity. It cost me $50, so I need to be aware not to leave toys like that in the car around a bunch of VAG junkies. Lesson learned I guess.
I had a Linkin Park CD stolen out of my truck when I took it in for service. I was fucking pissed because that was before I had a job so not like I could just go get another one.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:39 pm I did and they actually reviewed some camera footage but didn't see any evidence of someone going into the passenger side of the car or anyone holding it while walking away from the car.... I'm not sure and I'm willing to not make a big deal out of it. I don't like blaming people on the odd chance that I'm :wrong: . They said that they would keep an eye out for it knowing that it has a code hand written on the plastic housing in black marker. The service advisor who is freshly minted manager is a pretty good dude and I trust his integrity. It cost me $50, so I need to be aware not to leave toys like that in the car around a bunch of VAG junkies. Lesson learned I guess.
I had a Linkin Park CD stolen out of my truck when I took it in for service. I was fucking pissed because that was before I had a job so not like I could just go get another one.
Cut my life into pieces
max225

troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:14 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Cut my life into pieces
That’s papa roach ! :howdareyou:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:03 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:39 pm

Yeah the piss off for me is the hassle of getting another one without paying shipping rape fees and waiting for it to arrive from Lithuania or I find one used and need to spend an hour driving to and from plus dealing with some VAG bonding moment while :thisisfine: occurs in other parts of my life. With sales slumping and these guys aware of my need to replace the Touareg this summer I think they are more remorseful than I am that some dipshit grabbed that reader. From our convo with the SA bro, this behavior is strongly frowned upon. Like some detailer or tech would be getting fired if they had video proof.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:14 pm Cut my life into pieces
We are we are, the youth of the nation
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:23 pm
max225 wrote:
We are we are, the youth of the nation
THAT'S POD TROLLGUITAR

:SHAKESFIST:
troyguitar

I did it all for the nookie
max225

troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:07 pm I did it all for the nookie
My favorite hs band .... limp bizkit
troyguitar

Let the bodies hit the floor

https://youtu.be/Z85Mn_dUmtw
Apex
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:07 pm Let the bodies hit the floor

https://youtu.be/Z85Mn_dUmtw
My stepsister dated the lead singer before he passed away.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

People give VW shit for soundactor but wow the new Si sounds a hell of a lot worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUi-Xhls2KE
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I thought the Si sounded pretty good when I rented one. I also preferred my :mk6: with the Soundaktor on... too quiet without.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:25 am People give VW shit for soundactor but wow the new Si sounds a hell of a lot worse.

Hard to tell, but I mean 1.5 liter baby dick turbo... It doesn't have much displacement to deal with.. :oops:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:25 am People give VW shit for soundactor but wow the new Si sounds a hell of a lot worse.

Meanwhile back in 2008....
https://youtu.be/Br9PWJCoTGM?t=298