McQueenBalls Whacks it to his Douchemobile and other Musings

Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:05 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:58 pm Fuck that noise, dishwasher is key. Saves a ton of water too. I load/unload the thing ad pretty much do all of the dishes around here, so it won't be the cause of divorce in this household :lolol:
I'm on a well and septic, so water is free...but certainly a strong conservation opportunity but more so cleanliness. I ran a test load last night and was :mindblown: by how clean things were compare to hand washing.
Modern dishwashers do an :amazing: job.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:58 pm Fuck that noise, dishwasher is key. Saves a ton of water too. I load/unload the thing ad pretty much do all of the dishes around here, so it won't be the cause of divorce in this household :lolol:
I'm on a well and septic, so water is free...but certainly a strong conservation opportunity but more so cleanliness. I ran a test load last night and was :mindblown: by how clean things were compare to hand washing.
What brand did you get?

We have a higher end Bosch that is going on 16 years old and it still works great. Had a leaky drain hose replaced 5 years ago when the :dillerman: said we should replace the whole unit because "the electronics usually go at around 10 years old". :yeahok: Year 16 and all is well.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:16 pm
Modern dishwashers do an :amazing: job.
:dat:
And are super efficient, too.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:56 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:38 am

We don’t use one :iono:
Brotha from another motha...

I just yesterday installed a dishwasher, we've been living the last few years without one because the one that was here was :gag: nasty after it didn't drain completely and the door was left closed for a year straight. We don't mind hand washing dishes, so it just wasn't much of a priority.

It's a PITA when you have company :doe: and that's what prompted me to get one finally as we have a bunch of guests coming over the next few months.
Yup only when we have some guests does it get use… and only if it’s like more than 3/4 people. We just use and wash Dishes right when eat… it’s far quicker than pre washing them … loading them in the dish washer waiting 1 hr and taking them out. It’s a useless appliance imo.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I think so too but I am admittedly part of the problem. I use glassware like Paris Hilton, about my only fair comparison to that broad. Freezer chilled glass with every beer. I handwash wine glasses, but those get used a bunch too. When my cf is home things escalate as well.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:16 pm
What brand did you get?

We have a higher end Bosch that is going on 16 years old and it still works great. Had a leaky drain hose replaced 5 years ago when the :dillerman: said we should replace the whole unit because "the electronics usually go at around 10 years old". :yeahok: Year 16 and all is well.
Our Kitchen Aid is @ 11 years. I dislike my Bosch in MX because the racks just are not set up right top or bottom.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

What brand did you get?

GE to match out other appliances. I've installed 4 of these in different houses now and they've been pretty good. Our last house had this :waxer: Fisher and Paykel unit that was 10 years old and kept blowing computers, I fucked with it for months before ultimately replacing it with a GE unit.

One thing, I bought the exact same model I've bought in the past, last one I bought in 2018. 4 years later, the quality degradation is :impressive: Simple things like trim pieces made smaller/cheaper, buttons seem less premium, the interior racks don't slide as smoothly, I'm hoping it doesn't screw me.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:56 pm
Brotha from another motha...

I just yesterday installed a dishwasher, we've been living the last few years without one because the one that was here was :gag: nasty after it didn't drain completely and the door was left closed for a year straight. We don't mind hand washing dishes, so it just wasn't much of a priority.

It's a PITA when you have company :doe: and that's what prompted me to get one finally as we have a bunch of guests coming over the next few months.
Yup only when we have some guests does it get use… and only if it’s like more than 3/4 people. We just use and wash Dishes right when eat… it’s far quicker than pre washing them … loading them in the dish washer waiting 1 hr and taking them out. It’s a useless appliance imo.
Yep, we washed dishes as we used them too, worked great. We'll see how much we use it outside of with guests. I'm used to having everything clean all the time, and today as I've been loading it I'm getting :| when a mug or whatever I want is dirty and just sitting in the machine waiting for other dirty things to pile in. With just the two of us, it'll take days to fill the thing.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:51 pm
Yep, we washed dishes as we used them too, worked great. We'll see how much we use it outside of with guests. I'm used to having everything clean all the time, and today as I've been loading it I'm getting :| when a mug or whatever I want is dirty and just sitting in the machine waiting for other dirty things to pile in. With just the two of us, it'll take days to fill the thing.
We have plenty of dishes to where this really doesn't matter. Usually it gets run every other day or so with two of us.

I also have a GE unit that is pretty dece.

I love how Nate returned just long enough for us to have a dishwasher chat thread.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

Dishwasher is so key. I have the 9 yr old load and unload it. That is her chore and she owns it. Put them to work, I say. Teach them the value of a dollar, I say. If I am going to live life without a dishwasher you might as well tell me to carry a fucking basket on my head each morning to fetch water while I swat at flies hovering around my face and dodge roaming bands of men with Machetes and AK's piled in the backs of early 80's toyota pickups. Dishwasher is key
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:31 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:42 pm

I roll in a similar poor person BMW, 2014 328i M Sport with 1930s floppy dildo transmission. All-in-all it's a pretty good car, reliable, fuel efficient, looks good, somewhat fun-ish. I just DIYed all of the fluids a few months ago, coolant, transmission, diff, etc. Thing is going strong, only issues have been a parking brake cable clip breaking (like $5 but a really frustrating day) and a wheel speed sensor.

Carvana is willing to give me $20K for it today which is sort of tempting. Bought for $21K four years/33K miles ago.
Vroom just offered me $27,648 for a 2017 440iGC with 39.5K miles. I'd say you have quite a deal there if you want to :plac: Not much room for :pinshit: in your tiny sports car though brah.
I love the GC> had that one as a loaner for like a week when the Sonata was in the shop and I found myself wishing I'd gotten that because discreet hatch. That's a nice offer.
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

McQueenBalls wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:02 pm Dishwasher is so key. I have the 9 yr old load and unload it. That is her chore and she owns it. Put them to work, I say. Teach them the value of a dollar, I say. If I am going to live life without a dishwasher you might as well tell me to carry a fucking basket on my head each morning to fetch water while I swat at flies hovering around my face and dodge roaming bands of men with Machetes and AK's piled in the backs of early 80's toyota pickups. Dishwasher is key
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:31 pm

Vroom just offered me $27,648 for a 2017 440iGC with 39.5K miles. I'd say you have quite a deal there if you want to :plac: Not much room for :pinshit: in your tiny sports car though brah.
I love the GC> had that one as a loaner for like a week when the Sonata was in the shop and I found myself wishing I'd gotten that because discreet hatch. That's a nice offer.
Nice except for the part where Griff paid 20 and is being offered 21 and I paid 60 and am being offered 27 because I had to have a new car apparently. Nah, boss, I'm gonna put another 30K on that thing now that my depreciation rate has gone from a from divebomber to flume ride in attack angle and wait for the zaniness to end. (Should be noted by best offer on that thing was $34K 6 months back, I just didn't want to pay 10K over sticker on another 60K car to replace it.)
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:13 pm
McQueenBalls wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:02 pm Dishwasher is so key. I have the 9 yr old load and unload it. That is her chore and she owns it. Put them to work, I say. Teach them the value of a dollar, I say. If I am going to live life without a dishwasher you might as well tell me to carry a fucking basket on my head each morning to fetch water while I swat at flies hovering around my face and dodge roaming bands of men with Machetes and AK's piled in the backs of early 80's toyota pickups. Dishwasher is key

Nice except for the part where Griff paid 20 and is being offered 21 and I paid 60 and am being offered 27 because I had to have a new car apparently. Nah, boss, I'm gonna put another 30K on that thing now that my depreciation rate has gone from a from divebomber to flume ride in attack angle and wait for the zaniness to end. (Should be noted by best offer on that thing was $34K 6 months back, I just didn't want to pay 10K over sticker on another 60K car to replace it.)
Well nice in the context that if you were trying to sell it 2 years ago they would have offered you $21k.
Why do you think I'm gonna keep the Camry until the wheels fall off? That is unless is grenades in some horribly expensive way. I figure if I do the math at the 10 year mark, it will somehow have been cheaper than just leasing something every 3 years.. :dislike:

Because I nerd out on personal finance and like spreadsheets, I've kept track of cost of maintenance and repairs since inception.. Was obv cheap cuz bmw 'free maintenance' for the first 3 years, year 4 cost very little but towards the end of last year into early 2022, threw about $2k at it. we'll see.

but yeah, why not keep the GC? did you do anything to it? any downpipes or chargepipes or intakes or swooshes or zingers?
Current: 2016 328i M sport JB+, lots of gay options - Most Expensive 4 banger in history

Past: 2010 GTI 2dr 6 spd stage1 shit pile | 2013 320i Sportpkg stage 1 - Groundskeeper's Edition
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

McQueenBalls wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:34 pm

Well nice in the context that if you were trying to sell it 2 years ago they would have offered you $21k.
Why do you think I'm gonna keep the Camry until the wheels fall off? That is unless is grenades in some horribly expensive way. I figure if I do the math at the 10 year mark, it will somehow have been cheaper than just leasing something every 3 years.. :dislike:

Because I nerd out on personal finance and like spreadsheets, I've kept track of cost of maintenance and repairs since inception.. Was obv cheap cuz bmw 'free maintenance' for the first 3 years, year 4 cost very little but towards the end of last year into early 2022, threw about $2k at it. we'll see.

but yeah, why not keep the GC? did you do anything to it? any downpipes or chargepipes or intakes or swooshes or zingers?
No modz except I ordered some Bilstein B8s I will throw on with my next set of tires. I'm too old to be Lou Maiuri
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

word

wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:49 pm

What brand did you get?

GE to match out other appliances. I've installed 4 of these in different houses now and they've been pretty good. Our last house had this :waxer: Fisher and Paykel unit that was 10 years old and kept blowing computers, I fucked with it for months before ultimately replacing it with a GE unit.

One thing, I bought the exact same model I've bought in the past, last one I bought in 2018. 4 years later, the quality degradation is :impressive: Simple things like trim pieces made smaller/cheaper, buttons seem less premium, the interior racks don't slide as smoothly, I'm hoping it doesn't screw me.
:disgust:
wap

Our Bosch has a top rack only option, which is 5/7 for 2 people and one of the main reasons why we bought the one we did. Takes just a couple days to fill the one rack so things aren't sitting in there for days. Doesn't yours have something similar?
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:43 pm

No modz except I ordered some Bilstein B8s I will throw on with my next set of tires. I'm too old to be Lou Maiuri
Wow. :member:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:53 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:43 pm

Full Bolt On brah. Steroids, rave parties. Favorite LM line after Intercooler spray install: "I may be a douchebag, but I'm a douchebag with low intake temperatures"
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:26 pm
Full Bolt On brah. Steroids, rave parties. Favorite LM line after Intercooler spray install: "I may be a douchebag, but I'm a douchebag with low intake temperatures"
Classic.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Man… thinking about this makes me really :mindblown: at how long this has been going on. I was 23 years old for all of that and actually kind of jealous of LM - BMW 135i that was far as hell, jacked on the juice, owned all of it NFG. Years later I hate myself just a little bit for even thinking that a decade ago.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Is yours modded other than the tune? I have Borla exhaust, Apex wheels, Bilsteins/lowering springs, full on Euro rice. Would recommend the square tire setup if you are ever hating money.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:48 pm
Our Bosch has a top rack only option, which is 5/7 for 2 people and one of the main reasons why we bought the one we did. Takes just a couple days to fill the one rack so things aren't sitting in there for days. Doesn't yours have something similar?
I just looked this morning and our new one does have a top rack only option! I don't recall the previous ones having that. Will have to give it a shot!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:55 am

Man… thinking about this makes me really :mindblown: at how long this has been going on. I was 23 years old for all of that and actually kind of jealous of LM - BMW 135i that was far as hell, jacked on the juice, owned all of it NFG. Years later I hate myself just a little bit for even thinking that a decade ago.
It is entirely possible that the guy has cf and a Honda Odyssey ATM.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:20 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:55 am

It is entirely possible that the guy has cf and a Honda Odyssey ATM.
:notwrong: Also I've noticed a lot of people who were jacked as hell at 22 are... not 10 years later. My 10 year high school reunion was funny, I think I was the only person there who was skinnier than HS, at least as far as the dudes. Most of the chicks who were hot at 18 were still hot at 28.
McQueenBalls
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:57 am
Is yours modded other than the tune? I have Borla exhaust, Apex wheels, Bilsteins/lowering springs, full on Euro rice. Would recommend the square tire setup if you are ever hating money.
No just the tune. Got the bimmercode and coded lots of gayness which makes the car a little nicer. It has 35% ceramic tint all around. It had the bmw m-bro exhaust on it for all of 2 months before i sold it basically for what i paid for it. That sounded great wot but otherwise just kind of farts and drones and complains in normal driving. Would have loved it like 20 yrs ago. Anyone who says the MPE is “quiet” is like 22 and works at best buy or is armenian.

Why the square tire set up? also I ditched the runflats about three years ago and have been rolling on the super sports, which need to be replaced soon. Thats always a nice way to light $ on fire and then piss on it. Was also thinking of upgrading the charge pipe and inlet pipe at some point, just because oem those tend to fail with a tune and I figure it’s in inevitable around 85,000 miles when it’s like 100,000° on the 210 freeway and I am somewhere in the inland empire for some reason that the charge pipe will blow and I’ll just be on the side of the road waiting for Geico to tow me to the dealer where I can get brutally violated. Thought of Bootmod3 for a little mopowah as well but if i want it to last and go for being truly pathetic in a decade old 3 series, the added stress on the engine is prob no bueno.

Ps almost all the hot girls i went to HS with are certainly not hot now. Keep in mind though that I am 45 so, there is that.. most of the guys that were athletes or jacked or whatever just have your typical guy my age look where they are somewhat-to-significantly overweight with those really big thick necks and no chin with an overall redness to the face and absolutely no fashion sense. I am definitely one of the few, at least judging from Facebook anyway, in my graduating class that does not fit that description. I am also spoiled w the current gf bod though, so at this point, wouldn’t date over 35 pretty much ever.
And I think that applies even in like 20 years. There are always going to be some hot younger women with major psychological issues who are down to date old dudes with a little money in the bank. Yes, I have to sometimes deal with things like her thinking that Paul Newman is “the guy on the salad dressing bottle and the voice from the movie cars“, but the bouncing the quarter off the ass thing is strong.
Last edited by McQueenBalls on Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.