Acid's Lemon flavored co-pilot airboat poor man's C8 bread

Strut your greasy stuff!
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:09 am

So my boy and I went in on a poor man's C8 for our Lemons car. We picked it up today.
It's gonna need everything, but we just wanna start from scratch and pace ourselves.
Lemons is in Nola in about 6 months, and I don't know if we'll make that one, but fuck it. We'll slowly rebuild this bitch and have a bad ass machine.
So I'm gonna use this thread to document the progress. Might be a little while until we can get to it. I've still got to finish the motor swap in the Meowta.

Anywho, here's the pics!

Last edited by Acid666 on Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Acid666

Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:15 am

That's right folks. What's better than an AW11 for Lemons?

FUCKING TWO AW11S FOR LEMONS BAW!

And a shot with the 240 in it.

We've got 2 motors, one black-top, one silver-top, both sitting at this guy's machine shop guy's house. We just have to pick em up. We're going to likely rebuild the black-top for the race setup first (I believe it's a 20v with higher compression), and look at rebuilding the Silvertop as a backup.
These cars need nearly everything, but that's what we're looking for. We found 2 2nd gen MR2s that we considered, one with a cage and one parts car... But the cage would need to be reworked to pass Lemons tech, and the parts car was total trash. These 2 are nearly all there at least and are better starting points than the other 2 we looked at.

We're pretty much going to take the 2 cars and make one good one. There's a slight possibility that we could make one a track car with the cage, and take the other and do something different like set it up for autocross or something. We don't know yet, we just have to work to get one up and running first. Should be fun. I've already had people walking down the street looking at the pair and breaking their necks to figure out wtf kinda space ships I've got in my driveway.

wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Mk6Veyron

Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:13 am

:gonbgud:
:wap: Where are these mangos?

max225
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: JCW Clowncar

Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:02 pm

:popcorn:

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: mk7 :gorf:

Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:21 pm

My good friend had one of these and it always left me with fond memories, I do want the slightly newer version that was built between these and the one that Troy crushed autox in. They are an amazing platform.

Acid666

Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:07 pm

Tarspin wrote:
My good friend had one of these and it always left me with fond memories, I do want the slightly newer version that was built between these and the one that Troy crushed autox in. They are an amazing platform.
That was the ones we originally looked at but man, they were total trash. These are beat but look a lot better overall. My buddy raced his mk3 mr2 for a while before selling to his dad. They had a pair of the 3rd gens. So he knows all about these things and will give us a good path to move forward with. I'm interested because these things are just pure 80s.

Tarspin
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: mk7 :gorf:

Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:20 pm

Acid666 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:07 pm
Tarspin wrote:
That was the ones we originally looked at but man, they were total trash. These are beat but look a lot better overall. My buddy raced his mk3 mr2 for a while before selling to his dad. They had a pair of the 3rd gens. So he knows all about these things and will give us a good path to move forward with. I'm interested because these things are just pure 80s.
Yeah me too, totally rad looks with the squared off panels. They are the lightest ones too. I just find them to be comically short IRL but it adds to the appeal if they aren't taken seriously. Nice find.

Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: 2016 Portapotty

Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:47 pm

:popcorn: indeed.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2016 Heep | 2009 Meata

Apex