What does your sig other drive ?

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:48 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:39 am You forgot about the Stelvio.

And wtf is 1SMP
A couple years ago, DPlac leased a Silverado for the :fullretard: rate of $200/month. That monetary unit of measure became translated to DFD-speak as 1 Silverado Monthly Payment, or 1SMP, which = $200.

Example: Fucking :crang: just spent 1SMP on a shitty :hibachi: dinner, complained, and still took leftovers home.
:dat: :amazing:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:46 am
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:44 am

I found 6 purple JKU's near me, but they are all Sahara's. Do not want.
Wifey is ZFG about heated steering wheels, does need heated seats doe. We could do a Sport, Backcountry, Rubicon all in purple. She really wants a purple JKU as her next :jeep:

And here I've been thinking about dumping the :truk: for a TJ and a pre-owned :gorf: or something. :lol:
A purple Backcountry would be :amazing:

I wouldn't dump the truck, personally. They're way too handy to have around in the fleet, hence my current dilemma. You can wheel her JKUR.
This is all just :plac: musings in my head right now. :lol:

And I doubt I'd get to wheel her JKUR too often, she's going to be driving her rig. :unicorn:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:51 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:46 am
A purple Backcountry would be :amazing:

I wouldn't dump the truck, personally. They're way too handy to have around in the fleet, hence my current dilemma. You can wheel her JKUR.

And I doubt I'd get to wheel her JKUR too often, she's going to be driving her rig. :unicorn:
The entire time? Do you even share motherfucker?

We take turns driving when we go wheeling. Actually works really well.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:30 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:15 am

How does she even know what a Macan is? They must be pretty rare birds out there
She LOVES Porsche. Always has for some reason. She always tells me to sell the :poorvette: and buy a Porsche, it's weird. When we were in Stuttgart last December, she was in love with the Porsche Museum. They had a "dealer" setup across from the museum and we walked around their "inventory" (which was just the full lineup of their models) and she saw a Macan and was full :triggered: :wub: She seriously wanted to ditch the rental Polo and buy a Macan to drive around and take back with us. Told her it didn't work that way and she was :|

Then locally Porsche for some reason has been advertising on TV and billboards a lot in the last few months. It's always a Macan with a 30-40-something attractive "successful looking" woman. The marketing must be effective, because she wants to be that woman I think.

THEN to make matters worse, this job opp came from a friend of ours who was promoted and wants Michele to work for her...has been saying it for years and now the opportunity is real. What does her friend buy when she got the promotion? A gently used 2017 Cayenne GTS.

So to recap:

She started by stealing the 1SMP from me at the dealer
Then the "need" for a heated steering wheel arose, and we got the Volt
The novelty of the Volt eating at work wore off so now she "hates it"
Stole the ZR2 from me, so I let her pick the next vehicle since it's going back...

Grand Cherokee is an old slow POS
RAM is amazing, but not "tall enough" for a truck (her words, I don't understand...she wants to "climb into the truck" the Ram is too low) :wat: :fullretard:
Wrangler would be great but needs to be "luxurious and beasty", making it a pricey proposition
Macan is the dream car and "always has been" apparently

I just can't anymore.
She needs to join the forum unlike our other sig others that’s what it sounds like to me
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:41 am
Mine would LOVE a purple Rubicon. But would need to be a JL because it MUST have a heated steering wheel, and JL's don't come in purple.
Wifey is ZFG about heated steering wheels, does need heated seats doe. We could do a Sport, Backcountry, Rubicon all in purple. She really wants a purple JKU as her next :jeep:

And here I've been thinking about dumping the :truk: for a TJ and a pre-owned :gorf: or something. :lol:
Let her get purple :jeep: , then you can get something fun a la :gorf: ? No need for two :jeep: / :truk: things, no?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:15 am

How does she even know what a Macan is? They must be pretty rare birds out there
She LOVES Porsche. Always has for some reason. She always tells me to sell the :poorvette: and buy a Porsche, it's weird. When we were in Stuttgart last December, she was in love with the Porsche Museum. They had a "dealer" setup across from the museum and we walked around their "inventory" (which was just the full lineup of their models) and she saw a Macan and was full :triggered: :wub: She seriously wanted to ditch the rental Polo and buy a Macan to drive around and take back with us. Told her it didn't work that way and she was :|

Then locally Porsche for some reason has been advertising on TV and billboards a lot in the last few months. It's always a Macan with a 30-40-something attractive "successful looking" woman. The marketing must be effective, because she wants to be that woman I think.

THEN to make matters worse, this job opp came from a friend of ours who was promoted and wants Michele to work for her...has been saying it for years and now the opportunity is real. What does her friend buy when she got the promotion? A gently used 2017 Cayenne GTS.

So to recap:

Stole the ZR2 from me, so I let her pick the next vehicle since it's going back...

RAM is amazing, but not "tall enough" for a truck (her words, I don't understand...she wants to "climb into the truck" the Ram is too low) :wat: :fullretard:
Wrangler would be great but needs to be "luxurious and beasty", making it a pricey proposition

I just can't anymore.
lol

I mean. lol. Really. Dream car and always has been. You guys are such good consumers :wub:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:54 am

So to recap:

I just can't anymore.
She needs to join the forum unlike our other sig others that’s what it sounds like to me
She'd bully everyone and make this place a ghost town. Trust me, you don't want her here.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:56 am

So to recap:

I just can't anymore.
lol

I mean. lol. Really. Dream car and always has been. You guys are such good consumers :wub:
It's all :bs: that changes with the wind. I can't keep up anymore. The Macan as dream car thing is new. I knew she liked them, but damn.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:57 am
She'd bully everyone and make this place a ghost town. Trust me, you don't want her here.
:shock:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:53 am
Apex wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:51 am

The entire time? Do you even share motherfucker?

We take turns driving when we go wheeling. Actually works really well.
:notbad:
But nah, we usually drive our own things. :iono:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:58 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:56 am

lol

It's all :bs: that changes with the wind. I can't keep up anymore. The Macan as dream car thing is new. I knew she liked them, but damn.
You legitimately cannot wheel a Macan. At all. So if mudslinging with her girl friends is what she wants to do that vehicle is a bad pick. Or will be spending a lot of time in service bays.

:popcorn:

I dunno man I'd stay completely out of it. Agree on a price ceiling and let her get whatever the hell she wants to. She picks it out and deals with it.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

:lolol:
Johnny_P

She needs to join yesterday
Apex

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:54 am

Let her get purple :jeep: , then you can get something fun a la :gorf: ? No need for two :jeep: / :truk: things, no?
There's no need for anything... I'm just playing :plac: games right now. Plus, :truk: is sticking around for awhile, only had it for 15 months. :lol:

We might start seriously searching for a purple :jeep: next year doe.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:00 pm
:shock:
She goes on Facebook just to pick fights in local groups and make people :triggered: She's a true troll. We have enough of those.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:55 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:44 am

We’re :notsure: what she loves cuz it changes weekly breh, last time she “loved when the volt was drinking” something or other at her office
Yep, her preferences change daily. It's crazy. She's worse than I am when it comes to vehicles, and she only drives a mile a day.

HOWEVER ANOTHER WRENCH FROM LAST NIGHT

She has a line on another new job that would put her commute similar to mine. Double her current income, so now she's talking about a Macan because the company does a lot of work in Germany and the people she knows there drives Porsches.

I literally can't even anymore.

:angrypanda:
Show her this:

10,000 mile service: $480
20,000 mile service $1030
30,000 mile service $1080
40,000 mile service $2150
50,000 mile service $480 (start repeating above pattern from 50-80k)
Tires due usually between 30-40k $1400-1650 depending on brand, Alignment $279
Front brakes usually due around 30-40k and $1350, rear brakes around $950 and in the same ballpark.

I can lease a Macan GTS as an employee for $650/mo. Maintenance costs even as an employee drive me away.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:30 am She LOVES Porsche. Always has for some reason. She always tells me to sell the :poorvette: and buy a Porsche, it's weird. When we were in Stuttgart last December, she was in love with the Porsche Museum. They had a "dealer" setup across from the museum and we walked around their "inventory" (which was just the full lineup of their models) and she saw a Macan and was full :triggered: :wub: She seriously wanted to ditch the rental Polo and buy a Macan to drive around and take back with us. Told her it didn't work that way and she was :|

So to recap:

I just can't anymore.
Just, wow. :amaze:
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:05 pm
Yep, her preferences change daily. It's crazy. She's worse than I am when it comes to vehicles, and she only drives a mile a day.

She has a line on another new job that would put her commute similar to mine. Double her current income, so now she's talking about a Macan because the company does a lot of work in Germany and the people she knows there drives Porsches.

Show her this:

Front brakes usually due around 30-40k and $1350, rear brakes around $950 and in the same ballpark.

I can lease a Macan GTS as an employee for $650/mo. Maintenance costs even as an employee drive me away.
Her commute is 1 mile doe
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:01 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:58 am
You legitimately cannot wheel a Macan. At all. So if mudslinging with her girl friends is what she wants to do that vehicle is a bad pick. Or will be spending a lot of time in service bays.

I dunno man I'd stay completely out of it. Agree on a price ceiling and let her get whatever the hell she wants to. She picks it out and deals with it.
She clearly has no idea what she wants. Problem is, I want us to have complimentary vehicles. I really want a 2-door JL for wheeling and fun...but we use the pickup a lot so I'd like one of those too. A Ram plus JL would be the PERFECT fleet for us IMO.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:07 pm

Show her this:

Her commute is 1 mile doe
service intervals are 1 year or x miles.
ChrisoftheNorth

Show her this:

I told her all this, she said she doesn't care. She's generally rather frugal, but she's blinded by the potential for :troywax: ATM

Hopefully that calms down and she comes to reality soon.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:08 pm

She clearly has no idea what she wants. Problem is, I want us to have complimentary vehicles. I really want a 2-door JL for wheeling and fun...but we use the pickup a lot so I'd like one of those too. A Ram plus JL would be the PERFECT fleet for us IMO.
Just make sure whatever you get can tow the glamper and :aintcare: what she gets. Sounds like a JT is a good idea then. The Home Depot truck is $20 to rent for an hour and its generally a giant utility bed dumper in case you need multiple loads of wasteful river rocks.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:09 pm

Show her this:

I told her all this, she said she doesn't care. She's generally rather frugal, but she's blinded by the potential for :troywax: ATM

Hopefully that calms down and she comes to reality soon.
Does it matter though? You're the target market for that vehicle, and better yet, you can afford it since you're not having kids. TREAT YO SELF.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:08 pm

WHich would you rather drive?

Just get that and let her do her thing, you can :plac: again if need be/rent a Home Depot truck if you'd like the two door JL. If you'd prefer the JT, just get that and :aintcare: if she gets :truk: or not. Really, the smart play is to let her :plac: however she wants and suffer the consequences, you just drive the olt until she cements her vehicle, then go off that. If she wants to change it up after that and it impacts your side as well, well that's on her at least?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Show her this:

10k miles $50 oil and filter at walmart
20k miles cabin air plus oil $75
30k miles cabin air plus oil $75
40k miles air filter +cabin + oil $100 + indy $400 for trans

If one actually didn't have hands growing out of their ass, you can cut the maintenance costs by a factor of 5-10. :iono: :dillerman: can suck a :dedong: with this fleecing.