MrH's Garage Carousel

Strut your greasy stuff!
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

The sonos stuff seems nice, but sweet jesus is it expensive?!

I looked into their amps for this whole home audio solution. $650 each is insane.

Although I may get the Arc for the soundbar for the living room? It's $750, but that's more reasonable for what you get at least.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:43 am *looks at 5.1 + sub with exposed wires in living room*

:dat:
:aintcare: :doe:
I've got the wires pretty well hidden behind a chair/radiators and under a couch so :whocares:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:06 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:23 pm

I have Yamaha MusicCast products, which is a competitor to Sonos. My company is a distributor for Sonos and they are a bunch of fuckfaces, so I hate them, but the products are good (Yamaha is equivalent). One cool thing with Yamaha is that in addition to speakers and sound bars, they have receivers and amps and stuff so you have a little bit more flexibility in zones. I used an amp to power my outdoor speakers for example, or you could tie in a 5.1 system.
I wish Yamaha had those products out when I started buying Sonos. At the time, it was either Sonos or shitty glitchy Google cast speakers.

I'm pretty pleased with the Sonos products :doe: Our home theater sounds fantastic and people comment constantly on how good the speakers sound all over the house. The tech is fantastic, but not at all surprised that they're fuckfaces.
I'm checking them out right meow.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:13 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:06 am
I wish Yamaha had those products out when I started buying Sonos. At the time, it was either Sonos or shitty glitchy Google cast speakers.

I'm pretty pleased with the Sonos products :doe: Our home theater sounds fantastic and people comment constantly on how good the speakers sound all over the house. The tech is fantastic, but not at all surprised that they're fuckfaces.
Hit me up if you have questions about it, I have a receiver, two of the small speakers, and a soundbar/sub for four zones. I really like it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MrH42 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:09 am The sonos stuff seems nice, but sweet jesus is it expensive?!

I looked into their amps for this whole home audio solution. $650 each is insane.

Although I may get the Arc for the soundbar for the living room? It's $750, but that's more reasonable for what you get at least.
Yeah :iono: if it's really worth all that. The amps are really more for someone already invested in the speakers who just wants to add a zone or two with other/architectural speakers, IMO. It's not really all that compelling to go out and purchase 5-10 of them. No matter how you slice it though, anything nice for whole home audio gets pretty expensive, especially with a large home.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Gonna need 3 zones in the garage alone. One for each car
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:33 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:13 pm

Hit me up if you have questions about it, I have a receiver, two of the small speakers, and a soundbar/sub for four zones. I really like it.
So what are the model numbers of your setup?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

MrH42 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:09 am The sonos stuff seems nice, but sweet jesus is it expensive?!

Arc plus sub is incredibly good sounding. Combined with 2 One's as surrounds, it's a legit sounding theater setup and pretty stealth looking overall.

Unfortunately, that's pushing $2k. It's silly expensive, but I can't say I regret it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:56 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:33 pm

(2) YA-WX-021-WH (we use these individually for our kitchen and bedroom but they can also be surrounds with the sound bar if 5.1 is desired)
(1) YA-R-N303-BL (I use this to power/feed my outdoor speakers)
(1) YA-YAS-408-BL (living room music/TV)

There are loads of other devices though, like a quad streaming amp for four stereo zones, 5.1 and 7.1 receivers, etc. I'm not really a big movie person, so the sound bar + sub is adequate for my TV needs. I'm sure adding the surrounds would be :nice: :doe: (or a true 5.1 or 7.1 setup).
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:33 pm

(2) YA-WX-021-WH (we use these individually for our kitchen and bedroom but they can also be surrounds with the sound bar if 5.1 is desired)

There are loads of other devices though, like a quad streaming amp for four stereo zones, 5.1 and 7.1 receivers, etc. I'm not really a big movie person, so the sound bar + sub is adequate for my TV needs. I'm sure adding the surrounds would be :nice: :doe: (or a true 5.1 or 7.1 setup).
Thanks I'll check er out.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:33 pm

I didn't have the rear surround speakers placed behind me until I moved here, I had them as extra front channels up in NY, and you don't notice how much you need them until you switch the receiver to 2.1 mode. So you aren't missing anything until you try it in your own house.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

My house just short appraised by $23k :(

All my :plac: dreams are dead :thisisfine:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

MrH42 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:29 am My house just short appraised by $23k :(

All my :plac: dreams are dead :thisisfine:
Tell them to pony up the cash.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

In their offer, they agreed to cover $3500 of appraisal gap. I don't think they can afford to pay more. That's the problem, lots of buyers in this price point don't have enough cash to cover.

They have a problem though: their old house is pending. I already closed on my new one. I can float two mortgages and relist if I want. They have no where to go if this falls through, so I'm going to try and squeeze them as much as I can. They can take out a short term loan on the equity from their other house.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MrH42 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:42 am In their offer, they agreed to cover $3500 of appraisal gap. I don't think they can afford to pay more. That's the problem, lots of buyers in this price point don't have enough cash to cover.

They have a problem though: their old house is pending. I already closed on my new one. I can float two mortgages and relist if I want. They have no where to go if this falls through, so I'm going to try and squeeze them as much as I can. They can take out a short term loan on the equity from their other house.
Wow the financial inaptitude of the average person never seizes to amaze me. At that point if your “dream house” is depending on this. Why not cover their short fall. Seems like a way better option than anything else
ChrisoftheNorth

Buying a house for more than appraisal is :yikes:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:48 am
MrH42 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:42 am In their offer, they agreed to cover $3500 of appraisal gap. I don't think they can afford to pay more. That's the problem, lots of buyers in this price point don't have enough cash to cover.

Wow the financial inaptitude of the average person never seizes to amaze me. At that point if your “dream house” is depending on this. Why not cover their short fall. Seems like a way better option than anything else
Wait, what? Why should I cover their shortfall? I already bought my next house. I can float two mortgages or rent this house out or relist. They're the ones in a jam. Typically the seller reduces price to match the appraisal, because buyers don't have the cash to cover the difference, but I don't see why I should in this case. They have a lot more to lose by this deal falling through than me.
max225

MrH42 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:01 pm

Wait, what? Why should I cover their shortfall? I already bought my next house. I can float two mortgages or rent this house out or relist. They're the ones in a jam. Typically the seller reduces price to match the appraisal, because buyers don't have the cash to cover the difference, but I don't see why I should in this case. They have a lot more to lose by this deal falling through than me.
You mentioned all my :plac: dreams are dead. I figured it may make more sense to sell the house for whatever the delta is between what they can afford/appraisal so 23k-3500 extra.. The holding cost of the house may be a bit... and you'd have to find a new buyer? Or do you have a backup offer?
ChrisoftheNorth

Because the appraisal is independent. You'll keep running into this issue unless someone really stupid comes along and is willing to cover a ~$20k shortfall with cash. That's highly unlikely.

Since you can afford it, renting it might be a smart option for a while.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:56 pm

You mentioned all my :plac: dreams are dead. I figured it may make more sense to sell the house for whatever the delta is between what they can afford/appraisal so 23k-3500 extra.. The holding cost of the house may be a bit... and you'd have to find a new buyer? Or do you have a backup offer?
I got 4 offers the first day. I could cancel this contract, and then relist and go back to these other buyers, explain the shortfall and see what appraisal gap coverage they would be willing to do.

It's not the end of the world by any means. Just sucks when you think you have an extra $20k in hand and it falls through. Holding cost on the house is no where near $20k.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:56 pm

Because the appraisal is independent. You'll keep running into this issue unless someone really stupid comes along and is willing to cover a ~$20k shortfall with cash. That's highly unlikely.

Since you can afford it, renting it might be a smart option for a while.
Covering appraisal cap is a common thing right now with the market the way it is.

I doubt I'll end up relisting or renting, but I might as well threaten to. Nothing to lose here. If I can squeeze the buyers to cover it, or even half of it, that's a big win for me.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

:(

We challenged the appraisal. The lender didn't budge. There's still a $19,500 gap that I'll likely end up eating. Still pushing for them to cover some of it, but waiting to hear back.

In other news, looks like journalists are testing the new BRZ/86 now. Embargos end on 8/17, so I'm curious to see how they like it.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:51 am Buying a house for more than appraisal is :yikes:
Right now it is the norm in almost all transactions. Source: both in-laws are realtors.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

coogles wrote:
Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:51 am Buying a house for more than appraisal is :yikes:
Right now it is the norm in almost all transactions. Source: both in-laws are realtors.
Weird. Ours magically appraised for the exact price of the contract, just like it did in KY both times and in PA.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:01 am
coogles wrote:
Weird. Ours magically appraised for the exact price of the contract, just like it did in KY both times and in PA.
Usually the appraisal person will match the house value unless it’s completely fucktarded. They want to get paid also. It’s all a giant racket