POWL: How Do y'all Text? :millennial:

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!

How Fast or Slow Do You Text? :millennial:

The minute I saw the notification (includes texting and driving, causing distraction from work or w/e it is maybe)
24%
Usually an hour or whenever I'm not busy :millennial:
38%
Whenever I feel like it, even the next day :aintcare:
38%
Ghost or Forgot :sad:
No votes
I don't text, calls only :wap: :whocares:
No votes

Total votes: 21
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

The title says it all. How we all cope with the current :millennial: form of communication?
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:bread:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

I only text at 1/2 a tank.

Sad!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

usually within the hour if im not annoyed with you
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:40 pm usually within the hour if im not annoyed with you
:gaydance:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:wrong:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I myself am guilty for the first option. As much as I try to limit myself, it seems that I am failing to do so, it's almost like a disease. :sad:
But when things get busy, I usually prioritize depending on whether is it an "emergency" or not (especially if it's for work), and whenever I text a girl I usually just ignore until we stop, etc. I'm just simply not one of those people who won't reply at all unless it's either someone who I cut off my life for good (which I usually block cause :aintcare: ) ,or I forgot (which only happens about 30% of the time, happens more often when I travel internationally.)
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

That escalated quickly
troyguitar

It almost always takes longer to type than to talk, so I'm the :wap: who will reply to your text with a call if the response requires more than a few words.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Not always immediately, I don't have my phone one me when I'm in meetings, or working on the car, or mowing the lawn.
But, if it's on me, I usually respond withing 5-10 minutes.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:44 pm It almost always takes longer to type than to talk, so I'm the :wap: who will reply to your text with a call if the response requires more than a few words.
I get that but it drives me nuts. I text because I can't or don't want to talk (usually can't).
If you want a wordy reply, use email so I can type it on a real keyboard. :iono: otherwise if you have time to type then you should have time to talk since that takes less time. :wrong:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:46 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:44 pm It almost always takes longer to type than to talk, so I'm the :wap: who will reply to your text with a call if the response requires more than a few words.
I get that but it drives me nuts. I text because I can't or don't want to talk (usually can't).
:dat:

I'll also text if I know the other person can't talk.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

whatsapp (and iphones as far as i know) does voice record send, so its much easier, and thats how i communicate with my friends and relatives in Turkey. Also on roadtrips as well when I don't feel like texting 10+ words while I'm bored fiddling with the cruise control, if some don't have whatsapp? too bad
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:41 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:40 pm usually within the hour if im not annoyed with you
:gaydance:
:lolgasm: Now I know I'm not the only one who deals with this when i'm texting a fellow DFD'er :crang:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

I usually only text with the wife or a few friends so it's pretty much answer when it's convenient.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:03 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:47 pm

If you want a wordy reply, use email so I can type it on a real keyboard. :iono: otherwise if you have time to type then you should have time to talk since that takes less time. :wrong:
That's fair, for sure
I also text off of my macbooks imessage to those who have iphones or to some extent mac's, so convenient.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

If its someone important no longer than 4 hours usually. I also usually go by the 9am-9pm rule.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

NeonJonny wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:17 pm If its someone important no longer than 4 hours usually. I also usually go by the 9am-9pm rule.
:notbad: might :triggered: some people but :aintcare:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I'm all over the map. Often times within 10 minutes, if I'm at work or something maybe an hour plus? I'm also guilty of giving it a quick look, thinking "I'll deal with that in a minute" and forgetting until the following day or days later. I'm pretty :aintcare: , if it's urgent and I don't respond, text me again or call me.

I try to not have my phone in my hand all day, so sometimes I don't see things for a while, but I often fail at this and phone pretty hard.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:24 pm
NeonJonny wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:17 pm If its someone important no longer than 4 hours usually. I also usually go by the 9am-9pm rule.
:notbad: might :triggered: some people but :aintcare:
I forget as i'm on nightshift. I've got plenty of down time at the gov'ment job. 3-4 hours of work in a 12 hour shift. 95% of the time i'll respond within 30 minutes. I get very tempted to share craigslist links of shit I don't need to my best friend but then I remember he's sleeping. I don't want to be a dickhead hahaha
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Eh sometimes at work I'll read the notification, and think I'll reply when i get a second, and then I forget.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I voted "whenever I feel like it" but my answer is dependent upon who sent the text..

Are you important to me? I'll respond immediately when I see the text or as soon as possible.

Are we more of acquaintances or are you asking/texting me about something I don't care about? Nah dude, I'll respond when/if I feel like it.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:43 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:36 pm I voted "whenever I feel like it" but my answer is dependent upon who sent the text..

Are you important to me? I'll respond immediately when I see the text or as soon as possible.

Are we more of acquaintances or are you asking/texting me about something I don't care about? Nah dude, I'll respond when/if I feel like it.
Well then :sad:
Don't act like you've gotten anything less that .5 second responses from me! :wub: