OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

also never seen a 4 door version before
https://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/vasita- ... 5461/detay
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

dubshow wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:20 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:10 am

Same. I tried to get Lisa to fool around this morning. She got madbro. Oh well.
:wtf:

:sad:
Eh, can't win them all. Will :dock: this weekend so :whocares:
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:45 am
troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:29 am Meh. KY had all the same shit but better quality and for less money. There are no redeeming qualities to this place, just gotta keep my head down and do my time.

The handful of decent places here cater almost exclusively to corporate card users so the prices are all insane. You can eat better for less in Manhattan.
I hear an opportunity to start a business
Hot dog cart.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:29 am
Johnny_P wrote:
Weather is rough up there this time of year. It should be really nice in spring/summer/fall though.

Hows the local avo toast scene? And I agree with Breh, get a $20 burger, it'll make it all better.
Meh. KY had all the same shit but better quality and for less money. There are no redeeming qualities to this place, just gotta keep my head down and do my time.

The handful of decent places here cater almost exclusively to corporate card users so the prices are all insane. You can eat better for less in Manhattan.
thats the saddest thing i've read today. Try to find some silver lining man. Don't look at moving as some prison sentence.

I mean, its not like you have to get rid of your guns to comply with commie NY law. :lol:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:24 am
wap wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:43 pm

:like:
A new guy no one seemed to like got fired today. Came aboard thinking he was a hot shit king maker. Called himself Senior Director of Global Procurement. He was all theory and acronyms and spreadsheets but after 6 months he didn't actually DO anything. I (gently) complained to bossbro about him, and, I found out today, so did many others, including people outside our company, so our vendors. That's a big ol' :nope: so bossbro pulled his plug right when I was supposed to have a meeting with the dude. Oh well...
Shocker, do your job or lose it and don't be a douche
Pretty simple, right?
The dude fought every point bossbro brought up during his firing. Understandable I guess but he was clueless to the end about why over-reliance on corporate structure, theory with none-as-of-yet practical applications after 6 months, and being frustratingly pedantic was his downfall. What used to get me :triggered: is when he'd use acronyms that NO ONE here were familiar with and I'd repeatedly ask him to use the actual words until we were all up to speed and he refused. I think he liked the power trip aspects of knowing something no one else did. He did other douchey power trip moves, like schedule meetings then be 5-10 minutes late for them, making you wait for him. Fuck that.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I get to eat left over mexicant today. :notbad:

I cooked a solid ass steak dinner for vday. Apparently the Pheonix Rising movie was delayed release?
wap

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:36 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:33 am

I should work at a bank. And make bank. Those work hours, doe.
So many people with engineering degrees go into banking.
Hours aren't bad, and I'm now at a point where they're super flexible. Not many nights where I'm in the office at 7:30pm dealing with issues.
:nope:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

dubshow wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:50 am
troyguitar wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:29 am Meh. KY had all the same shit but better quality and for less money. There are no redeeming qualities to this place, just gotta keep my head down and do my time.

thats the saddest thing i've read today. Try to find some silver lining man. Don't look at moving as some prison sentence.

I mean, its not like you have to get rid of your guns to comply with commie NY law. :lol:
:iswydt: :lol:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:47 am

Hot dog cart.
Danger Dogs! :fuckyeah: :drool:
Apex

wap wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:53 am
Apex wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:36 am

So many people with engineering degrees go into banking.
Hours aren't bad, and I'm now at a point where they're super flexible. Not many nights where I'm in the office at 7:30pm dealing with issues.
When a couple thousand people might not get paid, you put in the time to get it fixed.
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:52 am Weather is shit cant go ride motorcycle

and of course someone moved and/or threw away my amazon shit for the charging port on the motorcycle
so i can't even fucking do that
real fucking discouraged, today is off to a great fucking start
:eeyore:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:52 am

Pretty simple, right?
The dude fought every point bossbro brought up during his firing. Understandable I guess but he was clueless to the end about why over-reliance on corporate structure, theory with none-as-of-yet practical applications after 6 months, and being frustratingly pedantic was his downfall. What used to get me :triggered: is when he'd use acronyms that NO ONE here were familiar with and I'd repeatedly ask him to use the actual words until we were all up to speed and he refused. I think he liked the power trip aspects of knowing something no one else did. He did other douchey power trip moves, like schedule meetings then be 5-10 minutes late for them, making you wait for him. Fuck that.
that sounds fucking terrible. Corporate theory is some serial BS plaguing companies. Listen to the people that do the work. If they are worth while, they should be able to manage themselves just fine.

We are being hit hard with whimsical corp buzzwords and generic hollow "targets".

:fshitup:
Apex

Hot dog cart.
Weenie Wagon! :fuckyeah:
Johnny_P

dubshow wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:53 am I get to eat left over mexicant today. :notbad:

I cooked a solid ass steak dinner for vday. Apparently the Pheonix Rising movie was delayed release?
Apex

Pretty simple, right?
:disgust: I'd be glad that douche is gone.
wap

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:55 am
wap wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:53 am

When a couple thousand people might not get paid, you put in the time to get it fixed.
But how did it get to that point in the first place :doe: ?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:57 am
dubshow wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:53 am I get to eat left over mexicant today. :notbad:

such filet.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:57 am

Hot dog cart.
Weenie Wagon! :fuckyeah:
https://southjersey.craigslist.org/bfs/ ... 67115.html

I think the EmKayZee could tow this. :notbad: way to make serious bank. Become a legit food vendor. Get money. Move to France and sell crepes on the street. :doit:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:55 am

Pretty simple, right?
Oh fuck that guy
:dat:
There's more. He taught a class in supply chain management at a local community college so I think that's where the pedantic aspect came from. But another of his frustrating things is that he'd disappear for about an hour or more every afternoon around 2:00-2:30. We quickly realized that he'd go jogging around the industrial neighborhood every day. He'd go into the warehouse locker room and change (and apparently walk around naked, according so several shop guys who ran into him during the 2:30 shift change) then go jogging and change back into his regular clothes before going back to his office. Phone calls, meetings, teleconferences with vendors all had to wait until he was back. He'd justify it by staying late every day. I'd sometimes get emails from him at 8:30 pm, which I would NEVER answer until the next day. Once he sent a yuuge pointless spreadsheet out at 10:30 on a Sunday night. Buddy, you are not impressing anybody here.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:58 am

Pretty simple, right?
:disgust: I'd be glad that douche is gone.
Yeah :dat:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:30 am
Tarspin wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:00 am

Second!
:fuckyeah:
Gotta be quick to be second. It's a full time job.
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:05 am
[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:55 am
Oh fuck that guy
:dat:
There's more. He taught a class in supply chain management at a local community college so I think that's where the pedantic aspect came from. But another of his frustrating things is that he'd disappear for about an hour or more every afternoon around 2:00-2:30. We quickly realized that he'd go jogging around the industrial neighborhood every day. He'd go into the warehouse locker room and change (and apparently walk around naked, according so several shop guys who ran into him during the 2:30 shift change) then go jogging and change back into his regular clothes before going back to his office. Phone calls, meetings, teleconferences with vendors all had to wait until he was back. He'd justify it by staying late every day. I'd sometimes get emails from him at 8:30 pm, which I would NEVER answer until the next day. Once he sent a yuuge pointless spreadsheet out at 10:30 on a Sunday night. Buddy, you are not impressing anybody here.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:10 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:52 am Weather is shit cant go ride motorcycle

and of course someone moved and/or threw away my amazon shit for the charging port on the motorcycle
so i can't even fucking do that
real fucking discouraged, today is off to a great fucking start
Same. I tried to get Lisa to fool around this morning. She got madbro. Oh well.
I'd teabag her while she was sleeping.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

dubshow wrote:

I mean, its not like you have to get rid of your guns to comply with commie NY law. Image
The silver lining is that in a few years we might be able to go somewhere that we actually enjoy. It's like going to grad school. It's not supposed to be fun.