OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:15 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:12 am I think I will buy a smoker this weekend.
Highly recommend a Kamado as a do-anything solution. I hated having a separate grill and smoker.
so does he. which is why this will be interesting. I fully admit to having too many god damn cooking devices.

I dont think the egg style smokes that well.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

dubshow wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:29 am
Highly recommend a Kamado as a do-anything solution. I hated having a separate grill and smoker.
so does he. which is why this will be interesting. I fully admit to having too many god damn cooking devices.

I dont think the egg style smokes that well.
Really? Have you done it much?

I use it to smoke a ton of stuff, and it always comes out incredible. There was a bit of a learning curve at first, but now it's awesome. Egg is way easier than a metal smoker for maintaining temp too.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:27 am Woah. Dude here may be getting an Hr complaint against him, a few people just sounded pretty offended by him.

Talking about how he looked up the OT policy and mandatory OT here can’t last more than 22 days, few other things, blah blah. Older guy goes “that’s the new millennial way of thinking.” Original guy asks what his way of doing things is, and the older guy responds with something along the lines of, “you just do what you’re told and work when you’re told.” Original guy then drops “let’s ask the Jews how that worked out for them in Germany..” Several people were like :dafuq: and told him off.
Woa!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

I currently have some :meat: in the dehydrator for jerky right now. Apartment smell is on point. :megusta:
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:27 am Woah. Dude here may be getting an Hr complaint against him, a few people just sounded pretty offended by him.

Talking about how he looked up the OT policy and mandatory OT here can’t last more than 22 days, few other things, blah blah. Older guy goes “that’s the new millennial way of thinking.” Original guy asks what his way of doing things is, and the older guy responds with something along the lines of, “you just do what you’re told and work when you’re told.” Original guy then drops “let’s ask the Jews how that worked out for them in Germany..” Several people were like :dafuq: and told him off.
Wow.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:48 am I currently have some :meat: in the dehydrator for jerky right now. Apartment smell is on point. :megusta:
:drool:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:53 am
Apex wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:48 am I currently have some :meat: in the dehydrator for jerky right now. Apartment smell is on point. :megusta:
:drool:
I picked up some Yuengling BBQ sauces over the weekend to try different marinades with, so this is in their Porter hickory smoke sauce. :excited:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:12 am I think I will buy a smoker this weekend.
I'm going to get a used electric cabinet for a gentle and easy start into smoking meats. If I like it I'll go full wood pellets
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:16 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:11 am

Bruhhhh there was a haliarious just a golf story from last week....
:waiting:
It involves an m5, doughnuts, a state trooper, bunch of non car guys wearing the blipshift catalog, and a blue Jetta :gorf:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:17 am
I'm going to get a used electric cabinet for a gentle and easy start into smoking meats. If I like it I'll go full wood pellets
Smart. That's way easier to start with and gets you the fundamentals. I still hate having multiple things to do nearly the same thing.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

this is wats its like when assholes collide.

Sung in tune to Powerman 5000.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:26 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:17 am

Smart. That's way easier to start with and gets you the fundamentals. I still hate having multiple things to do nearly the same thing.
Agree. I have a built in grill, and I tried smoking in it. Temp control was not there to go low and slow. Since it's built in I don't mind getting a delicated smoker that's only good for smoking and not grilling.
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:38 pm
wap wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:42 pm

:nice:
Back when I did it I found that I slept exceedingly well on the evenings that I did yoga.
I actually did sleep much better last night than I had been!
:fuckyeah:
I chalked it up to :amaze: levels of relaxation post yoga. session.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:42 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:33 am

Is it the bitch who judges what you drive?
:dat: she's all :rage: because I have a $21K BMW and she rolls in a :povertytruck: and is somehow poor despite making like $100k/year.
:rolleyes:
wap

Thedude wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:27 am
wap wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:43 pm

:hai:

Where you been?
All over really, MD, CO, VT, NY, PA, NJ... been in a whirlwind the past few months and it's been a real hoot!

Climbed some awesome mountains, went to many breweries, saw lots and lots of live music, lost a bunch of weight, back on the diamond after nearly a year off from my shoulder injury, many many wet dreams, rekindled old relationships with long time friends, made new friends, and work is tip top. Life is beautiful. This is the summer of dude.

Except my R now has a CEL haha
:fuckyeah: Good for you.

Also, living that CEL lyfe :aintcare:
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:43 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:26 am
Agree. I have a built in grill, and I tried smoking in it. Temp control was not there to go low and slow. Since it's built in I don't mind getting a delicated smoker that's only good for smoking and not grilling.
:notbad: :excited:
Apex

:ohdang:
Apex

Time
Apex