OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:08 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:05 pm
Depends. Most continue to circulate around to enthusiast events and get driven actively off-road. What's really awesome is that each and every EJS concept is built to be driven...hard.
That is awesome, especially since they come out with a half-dozen builds annually for EJS.
I know it. some of the more mild builds might get re-purposed into something else, wild builds might get crushed, but most survive and continue to spread :fuckyeah: for the Jeep brand. I love it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:09 pm So that Sandstorm concept truck is floating around somewhere tearing shit up? :nice: if I won the lotto I’d try to buy that thing from FCA.
Yessir. That thing is sweet, I haven't seen it IRL yet. Supposedly there's a place all the concepts "live" between events. I haven't found them yet, but I will.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:12 pm

That is awesome, especially since they come out with a half-dozen builds annually for EJS.
I know it. some of the more mild builds might get re-purposed into something else, wild builds might get crushed, but most survive and continue to spread :fuckyeah: for the Jeep brand. I love it.
I should look for a :jeep: jerb. :lol:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:13 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:09 pm So that Sandstorm concept truck is floating around somewhere tearing shit up? :nice: if I won the lotto I’d try to buy that thing from FCA.
Yessir. That thing is sweet, I haven't seen it IRL yet. Supposedly there's a place all the concepts "live" between events. I haven't found them yet, but I will.
It's like a grown-up Easter egg hunt!
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:12 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:11 pm
JL/JT is still the standard for a while. A lot was spent on making it great, so I'm not sure a JL successor is even in the cards for a very long time (if ever depending on regulations).
.gov will probably outlaw awesome before a new :jeep: is needed. :sad:
Wrangler and any other body on frame SUV is increasingly difficult to absorb the GHG hit to corporate fleets. As the restrictions get tighter and tighter, it's going to be really hard to justify such vehicles. Just like we're living in the golden age of performance cars, we're likely also living in the golden age of off-road vehicles.

The fact that Ford is making the Bronco still makes me :mindblown: I lobbied really hard for a BOF SUV at Chevy, and we actually got quite a bit of work done on it before it was killed due to regulations and cost. That thing as it was planned would have decimated all.

Wrangler is a staple for Jeep and JL is so good that it'll likely go for as long as the .gov will allow.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:13 pm
:doit:

Meatchicken is pretty alright and life at Jeep is :neat:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:14 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:13 pm
Seriously! There's an incredible amount of hidden engineering rooms and whatnot that I can just waltz into if I feel like it. I like to take 30-40 minutes whenever I can to just wander the building and find stuff. I've found cool things, but no EJS concepts...yet.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

i could probably live in meatchicken
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:19 pm
Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:13 pm

:doit:

Meatchicken is pretty alright and life at Jeep is :neat:
Comes with a built-in wheelin' buddy! :fuckyeah:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:21 pm
Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:14 pm

Seriously! There's an incredible amount of hidden engineering rooms and whatnot that I can just waltz into if I feel like it. I like to take 30-40 minutes whenever I can to just wander the building and find stuff. I've found cool things, but no EJS concepts...yet.
That's really cool. Do you walk in and go "so, what are you working on?" :lol:

IIRC, that FCA campus is freakin' massive doe. Plenty of little/large hiding spots for the EJS stable.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:11 pm
wap wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:07 pm

J...M?
JL/JT is still the standard for a while. A lot was spent on making it great, so I'm not sure a JL successor is even in the cards for a very long time (if ever depending on regulations).
Let's hope a successor does happen eventually. Maybe it'll be powered by electrons by then? :iono:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:52 pm
Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:31 pm I feel like a nap would be fantastic right about now...

Working from home is dangerous. I always feel like a nap.
Apex wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:57 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:52 pm

Working from home is dangerous. I always feel like a nap.
One reason why I like heading to the office most days... it keeps me visible and not napping. :lol:
:dat: and :dat:

As someone who doesn't have an office since 17 months now, it is not as 5/7 as some people think it is. I feel like a fucking bum with no life, thats why I've been going to coffee shops from time to time, cause that genuinely good for me for my mental health. Does it have benefits? yes! when i travel for instance, it gives me way more flexibility on that. But I don't know how long I will continue to do this until I finally get a new viable job, or perhaps at wework.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Tue May 21, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

Someone just made popcorn. Smells good. Definitely one of the things that tempts me to break my meal plan.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:52 pm Someone just made popcorn. Smells good. Definitely one of the things that tempts me to break my meal plan.
:drool:
SAWCE

Speaking of.. someone I’m kinda friends with hit me up yesterday about my training rates. Said she’d been to the doctor and was told she needs to lose weight because she’s at risk of a bunch of stuff like beetus. She’s always been on the heavy side as long as I’ve known her, but I didn’t ever think it was that bad. Gave her my rates, told her to check in with me this morning with a current weight after waking up and using the bathroom so I could start working on a plan. She texts me this morning “195.8” Holy fuck, my jaw dropped. This chick is maybe 5’4” tops. She’s well into the obese range and pushing into extreme/morbid obesity.

Sent her a sample plan of what I think would be good for her. Hopefully she follows through, but I’m not expecting much as she already is trying to swap out real meat for sausage from the plan I gave her.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

My gout flareup got worse and not better yesterday :rage: If better again today, but fuck me running this is some stupid shit
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I saw on some car show that FCA was the best of the big 3 at saving their concepts.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:59 pm Speaking of.. someone I’m kinda friends with hit me up yesterday about my training rates. Said she’d been to the doctor and was told she needs to lose weight because she’s at risk of a bunch of stuff like beetus. She’s always been on the heavy side as long as I’ve known her, but I didn’t ever think it was that bad. Gave her my rates, told her to check in with me this morning with a current weight after waking up and using the bathroom so I could start working on a plan. She texts me this morning “195.8” Holy fuck, my jaw dropped. This chick is maybe 5’4” tops. She’s well into the obese range and pushing into extreme/morbid obesity.

Sent her a sample plan of what I think would be good for her. Hopefully she follows through, but I’m not expecting much as she already is trying to swap out real meat for sausage from the plan I gave her.
I'm 270@6'5, and pretty sure I'm considered "morbidly obese" or whatever. I've never weighed the "normal" range in my life. Even when I barely ate, worked out 7 days a week and weighed my lowest...210, I was still "overweight".

Dr told me as long as my blood work and vitals are ok, to not worry too much about it. He always encourages me to eat better and exercise, which I've been doing lately, but overall I'm fine despite being :fatty:

This girl is obviously in a different state if the dr is giving beetus warnings, but I still think the whole normal/overweight/obese/morbidly obese scale doesn't apply to everyone.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Hello
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

razr390 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:07 amHello
darkness, my old friend.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:42 am
SAWCE wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:59 pm Speaking of.. someone I’m kinda friends with hit me up yesterday about my training rates. Said she’d been to the doctor and was told she needs to lose weight because she’s at risk of a bunch of stuff like beetus. She’s always been on the heavy side as long as I’ve known her, but I didn’t ever think it was that bad. Gave her my rates, told her to check in with me this morning with a current weight after waking up and using the bathroom so I could start working on a plan. She texts me this morning “195.8” Holy fuck, my jaw dropped. This chick is maybe 5’4” tops. She’s well into the obese range and pushing into extreme/morbid obesity.

I'm 270@6'5, and pretty sure I'm considered "morbidly obese" or whatever. I've never weighed the "normal" range in my life. Even when I barely ate, worked out 7 days a week and weighed my lowest...210, I was still "overweight".

Dr told me as long as my blood work and vitals are ok, to not worry too much about it. He always encourages me to eat better and exercise, which I've been doing lately, but overall I'm fine despite being :fatty:

This girl is obviously in a different state if the dr is giving beetus warnings, but I still think the whole normal/overweight/obese/morbidly obese scale doesn't apply to everyone.
:dat:
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

:word: I’m close to showing as obese myself, but most of that weight is muscle mass.

She’s actually obese now though. And like you said, all comes down to what the doctors are saying. She said she’ll start the plan I did for her next week. We’ll see how close she sticks to it and how hard she works.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:41 am

:word: I’m close to showing as obese myself, but most of that weight is muscle mass.

She’s actually obese now though. And like you said, all comes down to what the doctors are saying. She said she’ll start the plan I did for her next week. We’ll see how close she sticks to it and how hard she works.
It's tough...

The easiest thing I've found BY FAR is intermittent fasting. I fast for 16 hours most days with an 8 hour eating window, other days I'll fast for 20 hours with a 4 hour window.

I've been doing that with zero change in the things I eat and am down 15 lbs in a month and a half. Pretty remarkable for making ZERO changes in diet other than when I eat. I've found it's forced my portion sizes smaller as I get fuller faster, and I don't "crave" anything because I just eat whatever I want in my window. The good thing is, we don't buy junk food, so the worst of "whatever I want" is usually whole grain bread or red meat. Unlike a crash diet or whatever, I've found this to be VERY sustainable for a permanent lifestyle change. I don't think I'll ever stop because it's so easy.

I still struggle most with finding the motivation to exercise. I've been walking the building at work in the middle of the day for 20-40 minutes which has been helping, but I really need to amp up exercise beyond that. The weather is almost there for biking, which should really get me moving.
SAWCE

Yeah IF is nice because it does limit when you can eat, so it’s harder to over-eat in an 8 hour window than a normal 16-18 hour window assuming most people sleep 6-8 hours a night.

Being pre-diabetic, I almost want to put her on a Leto diet, but I don’t trust her enough to actually weigh out the fatty foods and not just keep over eating her calories by going overboard with the fat calories.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:52 am Yeah IF is nice because it does limit when you can eat, so it’s harder to over-eat in an 8 hour window than a normal 16-18 hour window assuming most people sleep 6-8 hours a night.

Being pre-diabetic, I almost want to put her on a Leto diet, but I don’t trust her enough to actually weigh out the fatty foods and not just keep over eating her calories by going overboard with the fat calories.
Didn't you say that IF was good for diabetics? Maybe it's an option?