OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

hey with no mods around does that mean we can run amok?
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:53 am I hate when :doge: are sick. :(

Ours gets seizures. Only once a year for some reason, but we always wonder if it happens when we're gone. Worry about her sometimes for that.

Dr's claim there's nothing that can be done unless it starts to happen with a monthly frequency. Then there might be meds that can help, but even that is supposedly hit or miss.
:(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

dubshow wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:38 am looks like you 4 will be the only posters in here for the week.

:howdy:
:notsure:

I've got 3 weeks of regular posting until my hiatus.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I may try to get in for a massage or some other body work this weekend. I’m feeling all sorts of beat up.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:01 am Tired this morning
:dat:
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:07 am hey with no mods around does that mean we can run amok?
How is that different from any other day?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:17 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:07 am hey with no mods around does that mean we can run amok?
:iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I wont be told that I'm :wrong: ?
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:24 am

:wrong:

you are :wrong: and will never be told you are :notwrong:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

dubshow wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:29 am

brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Apex wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:54 am
dubshow wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:38 am looks like you 4 will be the only posters in here for the week.

:howdy:
:iswydt:
SAWCE

Did that double date Saturday night with Michelle, her friend, and that gal’s new bf. He ended up being a cool dude. Wouldn’t mind hanging with them again.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:42 am Did that double date Saturday night with Michelle, her friend, and that gal’s new bf. He ended up being a cool dude. Wouldn’t mind hanging with them again.
:notbad:

Always good to have solid couple friends, but it's really tough to pull off finding another couple that you both like.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:45 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:42 am Did that double date Saturday night with Michelle, her friend, and that gal’s new bf. He ended up being a cool dude. Wouldn’t mind hanging with them again.

Always good to have solid couple friends, but it's really tough to pull off finding another couple that you both like.
:word: I don’t think I’d ever chill with this dude 1 on 1 and become friends outside of hanging as couples, but I’ll be fine to do double dates like that whenever Michelle/Brittney want to.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:57 am
Detroit wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:45 am

:word: I don’t think I’d ever chill with this dude 1 on 1 and become friends outside of hanging as couples, but I’ll be fine to do double dates like that whenever Michelle/Brittney want to.
Yep, exactly.
wap

dubshow wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:29 am

:dat:
Desertbreh

troyguitar wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:38 am
Desertbreh wrote:Used extra time to improve at video games.
Have you ever played a video game? :wap:
As a youth, the Atari 2600 was king, and I dearly loved mine. At the "arcade" I grew up in the heyday of stuff like Asteriods, Pac Man, Mario stuff, Galaga, etc.

Currently, I own a PS3, purchased for my kid. I have a few games. My basic problem with gaming is commitment/accompanying time suck. Most games are pretty complicated, and require some major time investment to "get good at." I'm not willing to do that....there always seems to be some sort of real life project that takes precedence. Maybe if I was stuck in a hospital bed or something? I think these "driving rigs" are pretty cool and I would consider that, but I don't really have any space.

There's nothing wrong with leisure, and if that's what relaxes you more power to you. The "old man yells at cloud" comment was directed at jobless 16 year olds on their 14th hour of video gaming amidst a pile of UberEats Taco Bell wrappers.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

New video games are too complicated for sure. I lost interest after N64 and only owned up to an SNES myself. Too many buttons on the damn controllers now :wap:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Had a pretty epic :fuckyeah: weekend. Will post deets when I have time.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Apex wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:18 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:13 am

but is it really that hard to just put them back in the package they came in?
No. But if you order 5 things and they all show up in 1 giant box, do you want to cart that back to the UPS store when it's a small item you are returning?
You talking about Amazon Wardrobe?

I've given up on Amazon. Cancelled my prime membership after 10 years in February. Recently Amex gave me 3 months free and been debating using Wardrobe
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:33 pm
Apex wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:18 am

No. But if you order 5 things and they all show up in 1 giant box, do you want to cart that back to the UPS store when it's a small item you are returning?

I've given up on Amazon. Cancelled my prime membership after 10 years in February. Recently Amex gave me 3 months free and been debating using Wardrobe
Why'd you give up on Amazon? I use it all the time.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:57 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:33 pm

Wife's first thought was "syncopal episode". It's a heart thing. She'd want to do an EKG

How long does the dog faint? Down and back up or longer?
Vet mentioned syncopal episode, but listened to his heart and said it sounds normal. Could be a sporadic thing though so they may have us hook him up to a 24-48 hour monitor at home and then see what it shows.

She also thinks it could be idiopathic epilepsy, so she’s gonna start him on epilepsy meds today just to cover that base while we try to schedule an appointment with a neurologist.
Wife said that unless the dog has an episode in the clinic the only way to tell is for the ekg at home. So sounds like you got a good plan.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:38 am Have you ever played a video game? :wap:
As a youth, the Atari 2600 was king, and I dearly loved mine. At the "arcade" I grew up in the heyday of stuff like Asteriods, Pac Man, Mario stuff, Galaga, etc.

Currently, I own a PS3, purchased for my kid. I have a few games. My basic problem with gaming is commitment/accompanying time suck. Most games are pretty complicated, and require some major time investment to "get good at." I'm not willing to do that....there always seems to be some sort of real life project that takes precedence. Maybe if I was stuck in a hospital bed or something? I think these "driving rigs" are pretty cool and I would consider that, but I don't really have any space.

There's nothing wrong with leisure, and if that's what relaxes you more power to you. The "old man yells at cloud" comment was directed at jobless 16 year olds on their 14th hour of video gaming amidst a pile of UberEats Taco Bell wrappers.

It's a huge time sink for sure - that's why I haven't played much of anything in the past 10+ years. I'd like to play stuff, but not enough to sacrifice other things to make the time.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:19 pm New video games are too complicated for sure. I lost interest after N64 and only owned up to an SNES myself. Too many buttons on the damn controllers now :wap:
:lolol:

The number of buttons don't bother me, but the complexity in game play does. Not that I don't like it, I just don't have the time. I bought Red Dead Redemption 2 5 months ago and have played it maybe 2 hours total. It's just so involved that I don't have the time to spend enjoying it, really. I think it's just an aspect of getting older.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:37 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:33 pm

Why'd you give up on Amazon? I use it all the time.
I got counterfeit stuff more than once and just decided it wasn't worth it. I've posted about it before. A lot of their reviews are now fakes too. I used to be 100% confident in their reviews to the point I'd just tell my wife to search whatever had the best reviews on the product we were looking for and buy it. That was a big deal for me because I obsessively research before I buy shit to an almost unhealthy degree. Amazon was great about the returns but it just kinda soured me on the whole thing. I was a true believer 2 years ago.

We still buy stuff on Amazon and just choose free standard shipping and make sure it's not a high dollar purchase or something that's the target of counterfeiting.

The video aspect seemed to be mostly duplicates if what we get on Netflix so no loss there.