OT 16: A pirate's life for me!

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:33 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:22 pm We’ll see what happens. I thing came of the last vet visit a few weeks ago. Scheduled one for tomorrow. Wonder what tests they’ll run this time.
Wife's first thought was "syncopal episode". It's a heart thing. She'd want to do an EKG

How long does the dog faint? Down and back up or longer?
Down and back up. I’ll have to ask Michelle what test they did last time and I’ll go with her tomorrow and suggest and EKG if they don’t plan on one.
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:33 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:22 pm We’ll see what happens. I thing came of the last vet visit a few weeks ago. Scheduled one for tomorrow. Wonder what tests they’ll run this time.
Wife's first thought was "syncopal episode". It's a heart thing. She'd want to do an EKG

How long does the dog faint? Down and back up or longer?
Vet mentioned syncopal episode, but listened to his heart and said it sounds normal. Could be a sporadic thing though so they may have us hook him up to a 24-48 hour monitor at home and then see what it shows.

She also thinks it could be idiopathic epilepsy, so she’s gonna start him on epilepsy meds today just to cover that base while we try to schedule an appointment with a neurologist.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Gout flareup, yay.

at least it was after trackday.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Rain today, Wednesday, and next Sunday :(
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I hate when :doge: are sick. :(

Ours gets seizures. Only once a year for some reason, but we always wonder if it happens when we're gone. Worry about her sometimes for that.

Dr's claim there's nothing that can be done unless it starts to happen with a monthly frequency. Then there might be meds that can help, but even that is supposedly hit or miss.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Amazon has a ridiculously easy return practice now.

I ordered some shorts Friday night and they arrived Sunday, one pair is too tight in the thighs so I logged on and hit return. Saw an option to drop off at a UPS store and clicked that. They email me a QR code and I brought the shorts to the UPS store, no box needed. UPS scans the QR code, take the shorts, and I'm out the door.
The entire process took maybe 2 mins because I was reading their little FAQ on how it works. :mindblown: easy return practice.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:59 am Amazon has a ridiculously easy return practice now.

I ordered some shorts Friday night and they arrived Sunday, one pair is too tight in the thighs so I logged on and hit return. Saw an option to drop off at a UPS store and clicked that. They email me a QR code and I brought the shorts to the UPS store, no box needed. UPS scans the QR code, take the shorts, and I'm out the door.
The entire process took maybe 2 mins because I was reading their little FAQ on how it works. :mindblown: easy return practice.
Wait...you can take items in without the box? I didn't know that!

I've been using the QR codes for a few months now, but I always bring the item in the box sealed up and send it off easy peasey. If I don't need to worry about the box, that's game changing.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:07 am
Apex wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:59 am Amazon has a ridiculously easy return practice now.

I've been using the QR codes for a few months now, but I always bring the item in the box sealed up and send it off easy peasey. If I don't need to worry about the box, that's game changing.
Yep, no box needed. Just hand the item to the clerk and they handle everything.

I put the shorts back in the plastic bag they shipped in, but no other packaging. It really is game changing.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:12 am
Detroit wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:07 am

I put the shorts back in the plastic bag they shipped in, but no other packaging. It really is game changing.
but is it really that hard to just put them back in the package they came in?
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:13 am

No. But if you order 5 things and they all show up in 1 giant box, do you want to cart that back to the UPS store when it's a small item you are returning?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:18 am

No. But if you order 5 things and they all show up in 1 giant box, do you want to cart that back to the UPS store when it's a small item you are returning?
fair point
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Last week we got a few things in a box that was DESTROYED. It was a miracle that we still received everything...the end of the box was gone.

One of the items was a replacement for something that needed to be shipped back after failing for warranty. I ended up cutting up another (too small for the item) box and frankensteining them together to make one decent box. It was about 10 min of unnecessary work and a lot of wasted packing tape. Had I known I could have just taken the item in, that would have been way easier.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I usually box stuff up and set up the UPS pickup because going to a UPS store and back takes more time than printing a label and taping up a box. :wrong:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:25 am I usually box stuff up and set up the UPS pickup because going to a UPS store and back takes more time than printing a label and taping up a box. :wrong:
:dat:

I also try to uses USPS because the mail always runs.
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh

BRB handing shorts to UPS guy right after throwing away five cubic feet of styrofoam that Doordash bro delivered last night. Heading to work naked today because too much work to put on clothes.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

Used extra time to improve at video games.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

looks like you 4 will be the only posters in here for the week.

:howdy:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:Used extra time to improve at video games.
Have you ever played a video game? :wap:
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:25 am I usually box stuff up and set up the UPS pickup because going to a UPS store and back takes more time than printing a label and taping up a box. :wrong:
UPS store is on my way to/from work, so it was easy to drop off. :iono:
Apex

dubshow wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:38 am looks like you 4 will be the only posters in here for the week.

:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:49 am
UPS store is on my way to/from work, so it was easy to drop off. :iono:
Same here. VERY convenient.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:32 am

BRB handing shorts to UPS guy right after throwing away five cubic feet of styrofoam that Doordash bro delivered last night. Heading to work naked today because too much work to put on clothes.
:impressive:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

dubshow wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:38 am looks like you 4 will be the only posters in here for the week.

:notwrong:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

SAWCE

Tired this morning