Johnny's Great Adventure

Share the juicy deets of your worldly travels, and discuss your pipedreams for future trips.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:24 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:17 pm I had to look up OBX.

Check my IG, I'm a white cuck in the OBX.

I'm fairly certain William Shakespeare would be highly dismayed at the state of the English language these days.
I am :notsure: I have your IG ? Also, Shakespeare is irrelevant because 1776 !
I don't IG, I was playing off a discussion earlier on how the various shortenings of instagram ticked people off. I am completely social media free at this point which suits me just fine. DFD excepted!
One of the reasons I am on this forum is to keep up with the language "trends" .........how else am I going to be able to brospeak? How would I be able to cashyououtside? etc. It's one thing to know all this shorthand, but if you read and write the King's English as well, that is super sad.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Irish wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:35 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:06 pm

What the EF is a white cuck?
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... white+cuck
It's not even on urban dictionary... :wtf:
cuck = cuckholded

Like calling some one a :pussy: its not literal

https://www.gq.com/story/why-angry-whit ... ople-cucks
A wonderful read....
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:06 pm

What the EF is a white cuck?
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... white+cuck
It's not even on urban dictionary... :wtf:
cuck = cuckholded

Ok so how is going to a beach on the Atlantic Ocean a sign of weakness?
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:41 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:24 pm

I am :notsure: I have your IG ? Also, Shakespeare is irrelevant because 1776 !
I don't IG, I was playing off a discussion earlier on how the various shortenings of instagram ticked people off. I am completely social media free at this point which suits me just fine. DFD excepted!
One of the reasons I am on this forum is to keep up with the language "trends" .........how else am I going to be able to brospeak? How would I be able to cashyououtside? etc. It's one thing to know all this shorthand, but if you read and write the King's English as well, that is super sad.
I am first to admit this whole convo is way over my head I am :nope: ing out. We went from helping this dude plan a trip to some deep darkweb of insults against a certain race and gender. :disgust:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:16 am
Tarspin wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:39 pm So what's the latest? More actual hotel stays and an actual off road capable thing? Job rebuttled with a sweet offer so lighting that bridge on fire is now a distant memory and the plan is a one month tour then back to work? Any hoes in different area codes lined up through POF?
:whocares:

I have no idea. Take a month long trip to who cares where? The big ticket things I want to do are Canyonlands, Grand Canyon, Glacier, Colorado's mountain passes, and the drive to/from Fairbanks to see the northern lights and experience the solitude and nature on Canada's deserted highways that go through Jasper and Banff.

I could do Canyonlands/Grand Canyon in a month I guess. Fly there and rent a vehicle. Basically only doing one of these though, and not really doing any 4x4 stuff or mountain biking. So Canyonlands/GC is best left for another trip. Drive to Fairbanks and back while hitting Glacier, also not likely to happen in a month.

Guess I could be like every other white cuck and go to OBX for a week or two.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:43 pm
cuck = cuckholded

While I can't speak to Johnny's original usage, I took it to mean a lemming-like, pussy whipped, middle aged dude resigned to doing what the wife/family wants. Thus, I self effacingly referred to myself as one as a joke.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:43 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:41 pm

I am first to admit this whole convo is way over my head I am :nope: ing out. We went from helping this dude plan a trip to some deep darkweb of insults against a certain race and gender. :disgust:
Helping? You guys damn near gave me a migraine and I more or less noped out of this thread a while ago because of it.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:15 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:43 pm
Helping? You guys damn near gave me a migraine and I more or less noped out of this thread a while ago because of it.
So time to lock this up then?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:09 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:16 am

:whocares:

I have no idea. Take a month long trip to who cares where? The big ticket things I want to do are Canyonlands, Grand Canyon, Glacier, Colorado's mountain passes, and the drive to/from Fairbanks to see the northern lights and experience the solitude and nature on Canada's deserted highways that go through Jasper and Banff.

I could do Canyonlands/Grand Canyon in a month I guess. Fly there and rent a vehicle. Basically only doing one of these though, and not really doing any 4x4 stuff or mountain biking. So Canyonlands/GC is best left for another trip. Drive to Fairbanks and back while hitting Glacier, also not likely to happen in a month.

Guess I could be like every other white cuck and go to OBX for a week or two.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:43 pm

While I can't speak to Johnny's original usage, I took it to mean a lemming-like, pussy whipped, middle aged dude resigned to doing what the wife/family wants. Thus, I self effacingly referred to myself as one as a joke.
I see. Makes sense if your "vacation" is going to the Mall of the Americas or something like that, but it seems to me that sitting in a fold out chair with a cooler of whatever and a fishing pole is sufficiently manly to avoid this "cuck" stigma.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:18 pm

I see. Makes sense if your "vacation" is going to the Mall of the Americas or something like that, but it seems to me that sitting in a fold out chair with a cooler of whatever and a fishing pole is sufficiently manly to avoid this "cuck" stigma.
More that it's just flopping over and taking the standard vacation off the store shelf, instead of doing what I actually want to do.

You guys read way too far into stuff.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:25 pm

More that it's just flopping over and taking the standard vacation off the store shelf, instead of doing what I actually want to do.
...so do what you want to do?
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:16 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:15 pm

Do whatever you want. I said I'll come back and post in here when I have things to post about.

I'm frustrated with my situation, and I guess that came out in the OBX post. Sorry. Nothing is wrong with what I'm being offered at my current employer, it's actually pretty impressive and unexpected overall. I'd be a fool to not take them up on it. But that does basically mean my trip idea is in the trash and start over from scratch again. I'm not driving out to Utah to turn back around, take the new role, decide I don't like it, leave, and drive back out there. The trip idea was designed around an April leave, drive south-ish initially, and work my way north as the weather changed to be in CO for June and hopefully some open dirt roads. CO dirt roads are closed well into May and early June due to snow, and those mountain passes were a big desire on my list.

Whatever. :nevermind:
Irish

Re bolded: Do you even DFD :breh: ? :trollface:

Re Underscored: TT I am none of those things and go willingly each year
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:29 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:25 pm

...so do what you want to do?
I don't even know anymore. It doesn't matter. This shit, all of it, is exceedingly stressful.

I need a break from this place.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:30 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:16 pm

Do whatever you want. I said I'll come back and post in here when I have things to post about.

I'm frustrated with my situation, and I guess that came out in the OBX post. Sorry. Nothing is wrong with what I'm being offered at my current employer, it's actually pretty impressive and unexpected overall. I'd be a fool to not take them up on it. But that does basically mean my trip idea is in the trash and start over from scratch again. I'm not driving out to Utah to turn back around, take the new role, decide I don't like it, leave, and drive back out there. The trip idea was designed around an April leave, drive south-ish initially, and work my way north as the weather changed to be in CO for June and hopefully some open dirt roads. CO dirt roads are closed well into May and early June due to snow, and those mountain passes were a big desire on my list.

Just my .02 cent:

A month is a long ass time, and it looks like you have at least on the surface a good opportunity to explore different career options on the company dime when you get back. I think that's an extremely fortunate turn of events you should try to take advantage of. Pick the 2-3 things that you wanted to do the most, try to make a plan around that.

If your new role sucks OR your job doesn't follow through you can always still quite and go on the big adventure using the lessons learned from this shorter one. I really think its win win for you man. Take a breath, go down to the pub, have a pint, wiat for this feeling of impending :doomed: to pas over.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:40 pm

Just my .02 cent:

A month is a long ass time, and it looks like you have at least on the surface a good opportunity to explore different career options on the company dime when you get back. I think that's an extremely fortunate turn of events you should try to take advantage of. Pick the 2-3 things that you wanted to do the most, try to make a plan around that.

If your new role sucks OR your job doesn't follow through you can always still quite and go on the big adventure using the lessons learned from this shorter one. I really think its win win for you man. Take a breath, go down to the pub, have a pint, wiat for this feeling of impending :doomed: to pas over.
:dat:

I really think you can make a month an epic trip. There's only so much to do in places that a month would be an epic adventure to start.

At the same time, I totally get the confusion. Being on board with bailing a job and then getting a bunch of second thoughts because of a twist from a manager really fucks your head. I feel for ya Johnny. We're all posting because we :wub: you and are trying in our own ways to help you make the best decision you can.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:45 pm

Just my .02 cent:

:dat:

I really think you can make a month an epic trip. There's only so much to do in places that a month would be an epic adventure to start.

At the same time, I totally get the confusion. Being on board with bailing a job and then getting a bunch of second thoughts because of a twist from a manager really fucks your head. I feel for ya Johnny. We're all posting because we :wub: you and are trying in our own ways to help you make the best decision you can.
All :dat: :wub:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

Just my .02 cent:

Meeting my cycling bois at the bar tonight. Pints will be had.

Its not impending doom. It's just frustration. The timing is tough to do a re-start of the trip, or a second leg of it. Getting married in late August. Hopefully kid next year. I'll probably do a month off now, and shift to honeymoon style planning for after the wedding.
Irish

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:52 pm

Just my .02 cent:

Its not impending doom. It's just frustration. The timing is tough to do a re-start of the trip, or a second leg of it. Getting married in late August. Hopefully kid next year. I'll probably do a month off now, and shift to honeymoon style planning for after the wedding.
Congrats on the pending nuptials mang!!!

Look....if you feel like this is once-in-a-life-time time to take the trip, then I'd take it...... you generated the kind of loyalty that caused your current boss offer what he did, it seems to me that you can do that again where ever you land..... but once :baby: starts happening, everything changes....ask me how I know.......
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Just my .02 cent:

I knew you said you were looking at venues, but I don't recall knowing the nuptials were so quickly approaching. God speed, Mr. :wasteful:

Also, kids take awhile to bake, unless you're me... :notsure:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:07 pm

IDK man, 2 hours or so on 325 and they are usually done :iono:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:11 pm

I knew you said you were looking at venues, but I don't recall knowing the nuptials were so quickly approaching. God speed, Mr. :wasteful:

Dat EZ-Bake oven.
Dr: :baby: is going to take about 40 weeks to reach full term.
Pex: What if we crank that shit to 11?
Dr: :derp:
Pex: :doit:
Dr: :wtf:
Pex: :baby: 6 weeks later.
Johnny_P

Locked in the date yesterday. No sense in being engaged for a long time when you've been dating for 6 years.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:28 pm

Locked in the date yesterday. No sense in being engaged for a long time when you've been dating for 6 years.
Cool man!
Irish

Sweet! wife and I dated for 5.5 married within 6 mos of the ring.... I made her wait long enough ... it'll be 22 years in August
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:fuckyeah:

Zero point in waiting IMO. Weddings can be a ton of fun if planned right.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.