:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

The grenadier however …. That’s a very interesting vehicle and super different
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:58 am
SAWCE wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:37 am Found a Fendie for you Max

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto ... 24313.html
I love the looks of these but unfortunately they drive abysmal
Yeah it looks badass, but wouldn’t want it for anything other than an occasional Sunday driver to show off.
SAWCE

Thoughts on this for a little gym/grocery/Home Depot commuter? RWD would be unusable during the yearly week-ish ice storm we get, but other than that this seems like a solid, clean little pick-up..

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto ... 09648.html
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

SAWCE wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:34 am Thoughts on this for a little gym/grocery/Home Depot commuter? RWD would be unusable during the yearly week-ish ice storm we get, but other than that this seems like a solid, clean little pick-up..

Posting removed.

You could look for a cute little Fairway Green S10 :gaydance:
SAWCE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:01 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:34 am Thoughts on this for a little gym/grocery/Home Depot commuter? RWD would be unusable during the yearly week-ish ice storm we get, but other than that this seems like a solid, clean little pick-up..

Posting removed.

Damn. I was actually excited about going to see it.

Haha someone on here selling an S10?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:02 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:01 pm

Posting removed.

S10s and Rangers seem to be pretty robust little things, wouldn’t be a bad cheap runabout. I’d probably look for a manual RWD for max fun/scrooge.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:18 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:02 pm

S10s and Rangers seem to be pretty robust little things, wouldn’t be a bad cheap runabout. I’d probably look for a manual RWD for max fun/scrooge.
That’s exactly what this was. 5 speed manual, RWD, 1999 extended cab with like 180k miles for 4k. Was the cleanest truck I’d seen pop up on Craigslist in weeks so it makes sense it sold the same day already. I should have called him as soon as I saw it.
Last edited by SAWCE on Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE

Only real issue would be that when the baby comes I guess my vehicle should have a back seat equipped for putting a car seat in, and the little jump seats in a ranger like that would not work. But really, having that wouldn’t be any different than if I don’t buy anything at all and something happens while michelle is at her office or something and I need to rush the baby to doctor/hospital if something were to happen.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:39 pm Only real issue would be that when the baby comes I guess my vehicle should have a back seat equipped for putting a car seat in, and the little jump seats in a ranger like that would not work. But really, having that wouldn’t be any different than if I don’t buy anything at all and something happens while michelle is at her office or something and I need to rush the baby to doctor/hospital if something were to happen.
Similar boat I’m in if Allison gets pregnant, I’m really not sure if it matters that I have a real back seat or not. Ideally I can just keep rocking the 86 and we can use the Jeep. The annoying thing is she won’t drive :manuel: if we ever needed to swap cars.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:32 am
SAWCE wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:39 pm Only real issue would be that when the baby comes I guess my vehicle should have a back seat equipped for putting a car seat in, and the little jump seats in a ranger like that would not work. But really, having that wouldn’t be any different than if I don’t buy anything at all and something happens while michelle is at her office or something and I need to rush the baby to doctor/hospital if something were to happen.
Similar boat I’m in if Allison gets pregnant, I’m really not sure if it matters that I have a real back seat or not. Ideally I can just keep rocking the 86 and we can use the Jeep. The annoying thing is she won’t drive :manuel: if we ever needed to swap cars.
My annoyance as well. Michelle could take the truck to work and I could have the Mazda with the car seat in the back ready to go if something happens. But at the end of the day I guess it’s on me for *needing* a manual.
max225

Just letting you guys know since I had the CF 6 months ago. You only need 1 car that handles it. At least for the first year.

You will likely never go solo with the kid anywhere it’s going to be a collective suffering affair. So as long as you have 1 car that works for the kid, the other can be a wooden barrel with a rusty screw in the middle.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:27 am Just letting you guys know since I had the CF 6 months ago. You only need 1 car that handles it. At least for the first year.

You will likely never go solo with the kid anywhere it’s going to be a collective suffering affair. So as long as you have 1 car that works for the kid, the other can be a wooden barrel with a rusty screw in the middle.
Good tip. I’m sure every situation is a little different but it makes sense. The Beep Beep will be able to handle family duty just fine. Things like daycare seem like they could be challenging, hopefully we can just use the one in walking distance to our house.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:27 am Just letting you guys know since I had the CF 6 months ago. You only need 1 car that handles it. At least for the first year.

That’s been my thought process, especially since we only have the one car now. Michelle did agree that what I buy doesn’t need to be able to haul the baby, but she would prefer if it was able to if shit hits the fan.
SAWCE

We’re very lucky in that with both being WFH, minus her choosing to go to an office two days a week, we should be able to avoid day care unless we opt into it for socialization purposes. Between wfh, me getting 12 weeks paternity leave to take any time I want in the first year, and both our families offering to come up and stay with us to help, we should be covered pretty well as we adjust to newborn and toddler life. Michelle being paying into a program through the state of Oregon for business owners so she’ll get like 60% of her normal earnings paid out for like 12-16 weeks as well for her to give herself some maternity leave.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:04 am

Good tip. I’m sure every situation is a little different but it makes sense. The Beep Beep will be able to handle family duty just fine. Things like daycare seem like they could be challenging, hopefully we can just use the one in walking distance to our house.
Yep that’s why i specified the first year. I haven’t yet crossed into a CF that gets transported solo. By either one. It’s a lot of work.

I probs wouldn’t do daycare in the first year either that seems a bit too soon.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:27 pm
D Griff wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:04 am

Yep that’s why i specified the first year. I haven’t yet crossed into a CF that gets transported solo. By either one. It’s a lot of work.

Won’t really have a choice but :iono: No sense in worrying about it at this point.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:51 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:27 pm

Won’t really have a choice but :iono: No sense in worrying about it at this point.
Good to have all the ducks in a row. Daycare is about 1500-2500 a month. So it’s something to discuss and budget for. Also they seem to be absolute disease factories … my friend’s kids got at least 8 diseases over the last 6 months that have never even heard of … :disgust:
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:56 pm

Good to have all the ducks in a row. Daycare is about 1500-2500 a month. So it’s something to discuss and budget for. Also they seem to be absolute disease factories … my friend’s kids got at least 8 diseases over the last 6 months that have never even heard of … :disgust:
:disgust:

A good friend of mine and his wife are having their first kid in May. He’s WFH too and she’s going to be SAHM, so we should have lots of opportunities to get the kids together for socialization while avoiding daycare cesspools. Another friend’s kid is turning 2 soon, so once our kid is a little older they’ll have him to socialize with as well.
max225

From what I can gather the social aspect will start around 9 months … the first 6 are just stay at home cuck and misery mode
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:24 pm From what I can gather the social aspect will start around 9 months … the first 6 are just stay at home cuck and misery mode
Sounds about right from friends/family who have crotchfruit.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

SAWCE wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:39 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:24 pm From what I can gather the social aspect will start around 9 months … the first 6 are just stay at home cuck and misery mode
Yeah fuck that, especially if you only have one. Take the kid with you, don't let them run your life. Get them used to doing what you're doing rather than the other way around.
max225

coogles wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:06 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:39 pm

Yeah fuck that, especially if you only have one. Take the kid with you, don't let them run your life. Get them used to doing what you're doing rather than the other way around.
:lolgasm: yea I’m taking the toddler to a rooftop bar next time
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:56 pm

All true, it be what it be though, we’re going to have to pay it. :ohwell:

We won’t be spending money on epic trips anymore so that’ll free up the funds.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

max225 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:42 pm
coogles wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:06 pm

Who still goes to rooftop bars in their 30s?

House party, bonfire in the back yard, hang out with friends without paying 4x what you should for your drinks, and when the kid is ready to sleep put the little bugger down in a pack and play inside.

Laugh if you want I guess, but it's 100% on you if you let the kid ruin your life.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

coogles wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:52 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:42 pm

Who still goes to rooftop bars in their 30s?

House party, bonfire in the back yard, hang out with friends without paying 4x what you should for your drinks, and when the kid is ready to sleep put the little bugger down in a pack and play inside.

Laugh if you want I guess, but it's 100% on you if you let the kid ruin your life.
My cousin John is the model of taking your kid everywhere.

As early as 1 year old he took his daughter to a fish concert. He proceeded like that for the last 16 years. She’s the most adjusted, go with the flow, outgoing 16 year old I know.

He’s in a little bit of trouble because she is getting to partying age, and she is most definitely gonna party.

He has already caught her (kinda) partying at his house while he is out of town. His neighbor called him and told him there was some noise coming from his backyard. She coordinated a shuttle for all the kids that came to the party so no one would park on the street. She also “hired” ushers that had to wear Masters shirts and hold up signs if people got too loud. Only reason she got caught was this neighbor happened to hear something and look over the fence. So he kinda created a monster. But if you know my cousin John (Dan may have met him), you know it was inevitable. My cousin John has the highest motor of anyone I know. That guy doesn’t have an off switch.

Anyway, he literally changed nothing about his life from the time she was born until now.