:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:53 am
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:16 pm
Hmm seems already too expensive and 6 days left :(
This thing is awesome, but looks like it'll go stratospheric due to rarity and nothing more. Ridiculous.
I don’t think there is anything rare in a first gen boxster. But I’m obviously :wrong:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:06 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:53 am
This thing is awesome, but looks like it'll go stratospheric due to rarity and nothing more. Ridiculous.
I don’t think there is anything rare in a first gen boxster. But I’m obviously :wrong:
I've never seen one in that color combo before. But that's the point, the only thing rare about the thing is the color. So it'll sell for a crazy price because ZOMG GREEN INTERIOR.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:16 am
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:06 am

I've never seen one in that color combo before. But that's the point, the only thing rare about the thing is the color. So it'll sell for a crazy price because ZOMG GREEN INTERIOR.
:whocares: I’ll never understand this utter nonsense. The whole point about boxsters was that they were slow as balls, but handled decent and we’re affordable. 4 digits got you a nice one 11-15k got you a cream puff. But 22 years old … and plenty of documented catastrophic issues… yea where do i sign.

Not to mention the lovely $699 Porsche oil changes and service/parts costs if you’re trying to keep it up at the stealer
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:22 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:16 am
:whocares: I’ll never understand this utter nonsense. The whole point about boxsters was that they were slow as balls, but handled decent and we’re affordable. 4 digits got you a nice one 11-15k got you a cream puff. But 22 years old … and plenty of documented catastrophic issues… yea where do i sign.

Not to mention the lovely $699 Porsche oil changes and service/parts costs if you’re trying to keep it up at the stealer
Makes ZERO sense.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/ ... 42286.html

Paging the man from the desert.
We are second owners, bought it as CPO in 2012. Regularly serviced at Mercedes. Battery and tires replaced recently. Never had any issues or accidents.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:29 pm https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/ ... 42286.html

We are second owners, bought it as CPO in 2012. Regularly serviced at Mercedes. Battery and tires replaced recently. Never had any issues or accidents.
Yesszs
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:29 pm https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/ ... 42286.html

Yep, I should have just bought the sport in the first place but I wanted one my daughter could mess up and I wouldn't cry. I think I'm "stuck" with her car for at least the rest of 2021, she will not be taking it to college. The Sport looks so much better with the RAMZ and the exhaust but the reality is this thing drives not much differently than mine. I don't know whether these earlier sports had waxable calipers, the later ones with the AMG RAMZ did.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Thought this as a potential :plac: contender, but the pricing along with taxes are just :fullretard: for the same money in the US you can get a g wagon g500.

https://www.bmw.com.tr/tr/all-models/3- ... spire.html

All that for a 4 banger diesel bmw, but it's a wagon! 190 hp is more than enough here, great for the bahn and diesel.
974,600 tl = $114,068
1,024,200 liras for the fake sport = $120k

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:44 am Thought this as a potential :plac: contender, but the pricing along with taxes are just :fullretard: for the same money in the US you can get a g wagon g500.

All that for a 4 banger diesel bmw, but it's a wagon! 190 hp is more than enough here, great for the bahn and diesel.
974,600 tl = $114,068

G Wagon here is 150+ 50k markup.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:44 am Thought this as a potential :plac: contender, but the pricing along with taxes are just :fullretard: for the same money in the US you can get a g wagon g500.

974,600 tl = $114,068

As a fake sport owner... it is 100% not worth anywhere near that. It is a sweet car at $15-20K.

ANd hell, mine is like +100 hp over that.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:41 pm

974,600 tl = $114,068

As a fake sport owner... it is 100% not worth anywhere near that. It is a sweet car at $15-20K.

ANd hell, mine is like +100 hp over that.
:dat: :lolol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:40 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:48 am
Me too. Still a very good contender and reasonably priced than the rest of the competition.

I promised myself if I get a car for Turkey, it has to be something thats not sold in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea that’s a solid idea. I really liked the Megane Rs 260. But I’m assuming you don’t want something that expensive
Not only they're expensive, but also rare. The previous gen Polo GTI for instance is less than the Clio, even less than 70km's. The current gen didn't come here because of displacement and perhaps lack of sales from previous gen.

For the 265, I have found a 2012 with fairly low miles that can potentially fit my range (if the clio gets "traded in"). Also we have lot of hills and I don't even imagine driving my GTI daily as it will get scraped entering/exiting steep hills

Our newest and only 265 of that gen for sale

This is the same gen that my grandpa drives

That clio RS is roughly the same price as my Clio. And yes it is a custom plate.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:57 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:51 pm Have some few :plac: thoughts to upgrade from the Clio, but definitely not anytime soon. No complaints, other than to upsize. Using a Greek website instead of turkish since it tends to get borked. Google chrome translates :doe:

Megane hatch, either 1.5 diesel or the same engine as my clio (1.3t gas engine).
https://www.car.gr/classifieds/cars/vie ... ult-megane

The diesel (1.5t to be exact), a bit of a downgrade from Clio in terms of 0-100. There's also a 2 liter version as well, but being not potentially a great seller in Turkey since taxes on the 2 liters and up are atrocious, they're quite rare and also way too expensive.
https://www.car.gr/classifieds/cars/vie ... eugeot-508

The gas version, 1.6t with 180 hp (which is quite a lot for Turkey). 0-100 7.9 seconds. Don't like the wheels on this particular one doe.
https://www.car.gr/classifieds/cars/vie ... eugeot-508
Isn't the living in Turkey thing temporary anyway? Seems not worth :plac:
More like I will be there more longer than I usually do in pre-covid times. Enough to actually need a car. But definitely not nearly as long as my current bound. The clio is staying and I will leave it at a covered garage where one of my friends cousin is in charge of. He will drive it once a week or 2 just to get the car flowing until I "visit" again in early December.

My plan is come back in Sept 2nd, go to Turkey from dec 1-2ish till jan 16. Then for a week in February for my close childhood friends wedding. Head there end of may after my cousins wedding, and spend it there the entire summer, with a hint of Europe (balkans mostly), and Lebanon.

Also that wagon is a too much pill to swallow for the price, i'd be more than happy to pay that much for m340 wagon as opposed to a diesel thats slower than a :turboyaris:
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:19 am https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... tory_share

No idea what this thing is worth, but seems super clean with only 40k miles. Had no idea these could come with :manuel: :notbad:
They did and they're super rare. My barber used to have a 2008 c350 with :manuel: and it took him a while to find one.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:03 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:19 am https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... tory_share

No idea what this thing is worth, but seems super clean with only 40k miles. Had no idea these could come with :manuel: :notbad:
They did and they're super rare. My barber used to have a 2008 c350 with :manuel: and it took him a while to find one.
In turkey ? These don’t exist here
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:11 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:03 pm

No in US haha. We probably only have c220d at best of that gen 😂

https://www.google.com/search?q=c350+ma ... l_Vdwx-kDM
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:16 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:11 pm

No in US haha. We probably only have c220d at best of that gen 😂

https://www.google.com/search?q=c350+ma ... l_Vdwx-kDM
Hmm … wow I legit didn’t know they made one. I thought we had a lock out on 350+ manuals you could get the c300 manual
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:00 pm

More like I will be there more longer than I usually do in pre-covid times. Enough to actually need a car. But definitely not nearly as long as my current bound. The clio is staying and I will leave it at a covered garage where one of my friends cousin is in charge of. He will drive it once a week or 2 just to get the car flowing until I "visit" again in early December.

My plan is come back in Sept 2nd, go to Turkey from dec 1-2ish till jan 16. Then for a week in February for my close childhood friends wedding. Head there end of may after my cousins wedding, and spend it there the entire summer, with a hint of Europe (balkans mostly), and Lebanon.

Also that wagon is a too much pill to swallow for the price, i'd be more than happy to pay that much for m340 wagon as opposed to a diesel thats slower than a :turboyaris:
:notbad:

Dat dual country living :impressive:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Dude, do some research and think hard about going to Lebanon. That country is a crumbling basket case ever since that giant port explosion last year and it's teetering on becoming a failed state. I just read an article about it. They still haven't even cleaned up, let alone started to rebuild, after that explosion. No hearings, no investigations, no accountability, nothing. The economy is collapsing, people are :rage: , etc. Unless you're going to some rural town that you can drive to and avoid flying into Beirut...
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

wap wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:35 pm

Dude, do some research and think hard about going to Lebanon. That country is a crumbling basket case ever since that giant port explosion last year and it's teetering on becoming a failed state. I just read an article about it. They still haven't even cleaned up, let alone started to rebuild, after that explosion. No hearings, no investigations, no accountability, nothing. The economy is collapsing, people are :rage: , etc. Unless you're going to some rural town that you can drive to and avoid flying into Beirut...
:dat: plus the refugees
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I am aware of those things, plus the banking situations where it just wiped out everyone’s savings. I follow this digital nomad guy off YouTube, if you use the ATM as an effort for currency exchange, it will take too much of additional tax. Also black market exchange rate, because if you pay with US credit card, it’ll cost 20 bucks for a mcdonalds menu, with black market, only 2 bucks. It’s on its way to become the Middle East venezuela.

Beirut is definitely in the cards, and Bartoum (if there’s an airport). I don’t mind renting anyway.
Here’s the said video

Also this ones about Turkey and sums up my current :Scrooge: ness
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:05 pm
I am aware of those things, plus the banking situations where it just wiped out everyone’s savings. I follow this digital nomad guy off YouTube, if you use the ATM as an effort for currency exchange, it will take too much of additional tax. Also black market exchange rate, because if you pay with US credit card, it’ll cost 20 bucks for a mcdonalds menu, with black market, only 2 bucks. It’s on its way to become the Middle East venezuela.

Beirut is definitely in the cards, and Bartoum (if there’s an airport). I don’t mind renting anyway.
Here’s the said video

Oh yeah, I forgot about :dat: , too.
Man, it seems :fullretard: to want to go there now. :butwhy: do you want to? Serious question...
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:30 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:05 pm

Here’s the said video

Man, it seems :fullretard: to want to go there now. :butwhy: do you want to? Serious question...
If this question was asked in 2019, I would say yes. But right now, given the infrastructure has weaked for tourists, especially by risking the black market for currency exchange. Reconsideration is in my thought for the very least.

I saw clubs, bars, restaurants, and so on. And there's still some people who pretty much lives just like how any westerners would. Also I've been there once when I was 13 and it was 5/7, I had a bunch of friends that went there recently as well. It was full of life, just like I remember it. So yeah I actually miss it.

That being said, I'm hoping covid is donezo by next summer, assuming there will be a huge tourist boom which may be easier for me (and other intl. visitors) to visit compared to now.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:20 pm

If this question was asked in 2019, I would say yes. But right now, given the infrastructure has weaked for tourists, especially by risking the black market for currency exchange. Reconsideration is in my thought for the very least.

I saw clubs, bars, restaurants, and so on. And there's still some people who pretty much lives just like how any westerners would. Also I've been there once when I was 13 and it was 5/7, I had a bunch of friends that went there recently as well. It was full of life, just like I remember it. So yeah I actually miss it.

That being said, I'm hoping covid is donezo by next summer, assuming there will be a huge tourist boom which may be easier for me (and other intl. visitors) to visit compared to now.
Covid ain’t going anywhere I don’t think.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:20 pm

:word:
I've heard that Beirut used to be an :amaze: place to visit once upon a time. Too bad it's become the shit hole that it currently is, and I hope it can come back one day.