:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:47 am Oh that's some ugly shit
:dat: it was terrible in a 5-7 year old car. Can't imagine today.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:50 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:47 am Oh that's some ugly shit
:dat: it was terrible in a 5-7 year old car. Can't imagine today.
Just put a hooters girl on top of that area for pics, problem solved
max225

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:19 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:32 am

Just put a hooters girl on top of that area for pics, problem solved
Dat clam stamp might rot the paint, doe.
You're assuming she is moister than an oyster on top of plastic fantastic while dozens of geriatric men in hawaiian shirts with white socks and sandals talk about how much they lifted back in high school ?

:yeahok: i have actually partaken in 1 hooters event and it was so cringeworthy I nearly drowned myself in a shallow puddle.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:08 pm

You're assuming she is moister than an oyster on top of plastic fantastic while dozens of geriatric men in hawaiian shirts with white socks and sandals talk about how much they lifted back in high school ?

:yeahok: i have actually partaken in 1 hooters event and it was so cringeworthy I nearly drowned myself in a shallow puddle.
Pics
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:16 pm

Pics
Two second google search
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

YTHO? What was your thought process?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:24 pm

YTHO? What was your thought process?
I wanted to partake in meets ? This was before the internet was super big, so I wanted to chat with those that have a similar vehicle of mine and exchange info about maintenance/mods etc.

Same shit we're doing here, except it is far more active now than it was 10 years ago when I had my C5.
max225

Whatever that is ... it is terrifying !
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote:Huh guess I'll have to check mine

Have zoomed in on all pictures I have and don't see anything noticeable, and not in the reflections here Although the Og owner had the whole front end resprayed due to rock chips so it's possible he could have done something about the hatch too.

Mine has it but I didn't even notice until reading about it online a year or more into ownershit. You can only see it in certain light and it's not that bad in most cases. My C5 is one of the cleanest looking 16 year old, >100k mile things you'll see driving around :sass:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

The rear seat in that Acura look like they have 100k miles already
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2013 Mini Pooper

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:53 pm The rear seat in that Acura look like they have 100k miles already
100k miles worth of :balls: :boxodicks: :spinulator: :mindblown:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:53 pm The rear seat in that Acura look like they have 100k miles already
Wonder what kinda owner it had, and priced this low. Uber is very possible
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:37 pm
Wonder what kinda owner it had, and priced this low. Uber is very possible
That's the only way to get major rear seat wear.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That :truk: is a really solid vehicle for some poor who needs to get wood, tools, and themselves to their work site.

If it was local and I had a house I'd probably go look at it.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

max225

Question for the fellow :plac: s my friends uncle is leaving the country permanently and wants to sell his og, 2000 honderp prelude type Sh :manuel: with 140k miles. Supposedly has most/all records and has had timing belt done.

Before I end up sending 100 :plac: questions ... should
I :doit: or nah !? No price listed... if I wanted a cheap fun car for a bit this may be a decent Option if I work out the price. What say you it’s worth ? I was going to go in under 3k and try to sell for 5-6 if they are willing... but these have turned quite worthless.

I used to own a 1999 they are great cars. Looking for input on price to pull the trigger. Looking for a 0 loss :plac: event
Last edited by max225 on Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:23 pm Question for the fellow :plac: s my friends uncle is leaving the country permanently and wants to sell his og, 2000 honderp prelude Sh, with 140k miles. Supposedly has most/all records and has bad timing belt done.

I :doit: or nah !? No price listed... if I wanted a cheap fun car for a bit this may be a decent Option if I work out the price. What say you it’s worth ? I was going to go in under 3k and try to sell for 5-6 if they are willing... but these have turned quite worthless.

I used to own a 1999 they are great cars
I would absolutely buy that for $3-4K.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote:Question for the fellow :plac: s my friends uncle is leaving the country permanently and wants to sell his og, 2000 honderp prelude type Sh :manuel: with 140k miles. Supposedly has most/all records and has had timing belt done.

I used to own a 1999 they are great cars. Looking for input on price to pull the trigger. Looking for a 0 loss :plac: event
I love those, I would think a clean, well maintained example could only go up in value as they get more rare and there are plenty of fanbois out there.

Under $4k seems like it would be a deal?
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:23 pm Question for the fellow :plac: s my friends uncle is leaving the country permanently and wants to sell his og, 2000 honderp prelude type Sh :manuel: with 140k miles. Supposedly has most/all records and has had timing belt done.

SH :manuel: is pretty rare anymore. I'd do it. I love these things. If it's in good condition you should be able to resell for a lot higher than what you paid.

I still kick myself for not buying my coworker's 2000 Civic Si coupe. Instead just kept going on with my Focus shitbox. I guess it's ok though, it would have just gotten stolen.

Oh, right, you need a place to lock this up. A garage or gated parking or something.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote:
max225 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:23 pm Question for the fellow :plac: s my friends uncle is leaving the country permanently and wants to sell his og, 2000 honderp prelude type Sh :manuel: with 140k miles. Supposedly has most/all records and has had timing belt done.

SH :manuel: is pretty rare anymore. I'd do it. I love these things. If it's in good condition you should be able to resell for a lot higher than what you paid.

I still kick myself for not buying my coworker's 2000 Civic Si coupe. Instead just kept going on with my Focus shitbox. I guess it's ok though, it would have just gotten stolen.

Oh, right, you need a place to lock this up. A garage or gated parking or something.
I wonder what a clean "EK" Si like that is worth now, I wouldn't doubt like $7-8k, which is exactly what they were 10 years ago.

I bet even my clean DX would be worth like $3500 now, manual steering and all.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:39 am
Johnny_P wrote:

I wonder what a clean "EK" Si like that is worth now, I wouldn't doubt like $7-8k, which is exactly what they were 10 years ago.

I bet even my clean DX would be worth like $3500 now, manual steering and all.
$8k... That's what I could have bought it for back in 2009ish :sad: It was blue too.

Neat car. Vtec was cool, fk the haters. Revved out to like 8k and made 160-ish HP.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Honestly I drove my friends rsx-s a few years ago and the vtec was fun as shit
Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:33 am Honestly I drove my friends rsx-s a few years ago and the vtec was fun as shit
:dat:
Johnny_P

Pretty solid car. VW though :gag: