Buddy's dad's MR2 fo sail. Airboat approved!

Wheel and deal your goods to the populace of DFD.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

wap wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:53 pm Airboat on airboat :sissyfight: is :popcorn:
You have no idea.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Melon wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:01 pm
wap wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:53 pm Airboat on airboat :sissyfight: is :popcorn:
You have no idea.
Go on...
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:20 pm Image
:dat:

WAP, think of bickering children.
It's more like a sibling thing.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

On a funner note, my boy called me yesterday complaining about the dumb asses that are responding to his ad. I had to deal with it with the bike.
"Is that thing fast?"
"Does it beat camaro r mustang?"
"Wat dat iz?"
"Can be turbo and be fast"
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Acid666 wrote:On a funner note, my boy called me yesterday complaining about the dumb asses that are responding to his ad. I had to deal with it with the bike.
"Is that thing fast?"
"Wat dat iz?"
Airboat crangslist must be worse than up here. :disgust:
Acid666

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:21 pm
Acid666 wrote:On a funner note, my boy called me yesterday complaining about the dumb asses that are responding to his ad. I had to deal with it with the bike.
"Is that thing fast?"
"Wat dat iz?"
Airboat crangslist must be worse than up here. :disgust:
Here's 2 of my favorites from when I was selling mine.

I still have no idea wtf this airboater was talking about
troyguitar

So much :wat:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I like that last sentence! 5/7 English skills.
Acid666

Tarspin wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:58 pm I like that last sentence! 5/7 English skills.
Yeah I had to send that to a few people to see if anyone could figure that shit out.
The fuck man.
I'd respond, but my god, you're just opening yourself up for a complimentary aneurysm sponsored by Facebook Marketplace.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:21 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:58 pm I like that last sentence! 5/7 English skills.
Yeah I had to send that to a few people to see if anyone could figure that shit out.
The fuck man.
I'd respond, but my god, you're just opening yourself up for a complimentary aneurysm sponsored by Facebook Marketplace.
Ha ha, the guy was probably really high or drunk. I'm still surprised at how low it got sold for. Usually bikes do better with resale.
Acid666

Tarspin wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:01 pm
Acid666 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:21 pm

The fuck man.
Ha ha, the guy was probably really high or drunk. I'm still surprised at how low it got sold for. Usually bikes do better with resale.
I hoped it would, but it kind of was a niche bike. I had one guy beat me up message after message and try to rip apart my asking price with KBB and other shit, and I got so sick of dumbasses that I hit him with links to a handful of other bikes with similar miles to mine on craigslist, cycletrader, 1130cc.com... All asking more than me. I told him my base asking price was based on that, but I'm expecting to get less (DUH DUDE). He never even made me an offer, and finally said "It's too far away from stock anyways for me". So my response was "Cool story bro. Well I'll be returning it to about 95% stock and selling all my aftermarket parts.... I'll send you the link for where to buy it once I sell it so you can then see what a real marked up price is".
Never heard back from him after that but I did send him the link. (For reference I sold the bike for $4K, and Rumble-On sold it for $6,300)

Funny, I had the only other serious buyer message me a few nights ago asking if it was still for sale. Like, 6 months after I sold it. Good job buddy. You fucking ghosted me and I would of gone down in price even more for you, but you stopped answering my texts. Just tell me you're not interested bruh, it's cool if you're not. But don't make me waste my time.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:28 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:01 pm

I hoped it would, but it kind of was a niche bike. I had one guy beat me up message after message and try to rip apart my asking price with KBB and other shit, and I got so sick of dumbasses that I hit him with links to a handful of other bikes with similar miles to mine on craigslist, cycletrader, 1130cc.com... All asking more than me. I told him my base asking price was based on that, but I'm expecting to get less (DUH DUDE). He never even made me an offer, and finally said "It's too far away from stock anyways for me". So my response was "Cool story bro. Well I'll be returning it to about 95% stock and selling all my aftermarket parts.... I'll send you the link for where to buy it once I sell it so you can then see what a real marked up price is".
Never heard back from him after that but I did send him the link. (For reference I sold the bike for $4K, and Rumble-On sold it for $6,300)

Funny, I had the only other serious buyer message me a few nights ago asking if it was still for sale. Like, 6 months after I sold it. Good job buddy. You fucking ghosted me and I would of gone down in price even more for you, but you stopped answering my texts. Just tell me you're not interested bruh, it's cool if you're not. But don't make me waste my time.
I'm guessing that it flops because Harley buyers pressure each other into buying traditional v twin lounge cruisers and the sport guys find products that are more sporty.

But I remember when you offered it for 4k and I thought that it would sell for way more than that here even factoring exchange rates. That area and that bike just don't jive, sucks man.
Acid666

Tarspin wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:47 pm
Acid666 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:28 pm

I'm guessing that it flops because Harley buyers pressure each other into buying traditional v twin lounge cruisers and the sport guys find products that are more sporty.

But I remember when you offered it for 4k and I thought that it would sell for way more than that here even factoring exchange rates. That area and that bike just don't jive, sucks man.

I mean, yeah, possibly. The market determines your price. I knew that going in and was willing to take a hit. I didn't think it would be that much of a hit, but when people aren't biting and you just want the shit out of your garage and cash in hand, any reasonable offer was good to me. Sure I took a hit, but had I known that I'd be getting just $1K under my asking price a full year after trying to sell it, I would of gladly taken that hit a year earlier and been able to jump start my Miata mods sooner.

It is what it is. Same thing for the Z06. Sure it might be able to get a good asking price, but if no one's biting at it you've just got a paperweight.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:20 pm Image
:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

This picture sold it for me

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Acid666 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:07 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:47 pm

I mean, yeah, possibly. The market determines your price. I knew that going in and was willing to take a hit. I didn't think it would be that much of a hit, but when people aren't biting and you just want the shit out of your garage and cash in hand, any reasonable offer was good to me. Sure I took a hit, but had I known that I'd be getting just $1K under my asking price a full year after trying to sell it, I would of gladly taken that hit a year earlier and been able to jump start my Miata mods sooner.

It is what it is. Same thing for the Z06. Sure it might be able to get a good asking price, but if no one's biting at it you've just got a paperweight.
ITT airboat land understands econ 101 better than east coasters thinking that housing will continue to appreciate forever.
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:41 am

ITT airboat land understands econ 101 better than east coasters thinking that housing will continue to appreciate forever.
:salt:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:41 am

:lolwut:
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote:

Everything appreciating forever is the foundation of our entire society.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:36 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
inflation is the foundation of our monetary system.
until said system collapses like all fiat currencies eventually do.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:36 am inflation is the foundation of our monetary system.
:howdareyou:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:27 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
:howdareyou:
:math: :science: :thanksobama: :thankstrump:
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:26 am
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:36 am inflation is the foundation of our monetary system.
Sounds like a terrible time to be holding cash 😁
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:27 am :howdareyou:
:math: :science: :thanksobama: :thankstrump:
It needs to last another 50 years, then :whocares:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Tarspin wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:29 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:26 am

Sounds like a terrible time to be holding cash 😁
:notwrong:
brain go brrrrrr