Mullet's Trailer Park Lawn Ornaments

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

3rdgenfan wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:25 am
Detroit wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:06 am
Looks kinda bulky... :iono:
Makes weird noises too.

Unfortunately it hasn't been fully tuned yet, we got the drivability portion figured out but it breaks up at 80% throttle so I need to swap the plugs and wires out while installing a fuel pressure gauge on the interior so we can see if the second pump is working at all.
Sounds like fuel? Are you tuning with a wideband?

Drivability is the hardest part of tuning IMO. Get that nailed down, and you're most of the way there.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Frontier, Rabbit TDI, G8 GXP

Detroit wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:07 am
3rdgenfan wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:25 am

Makes weird noises too.

Unfortunately it hasn't been fully tuned yet, we got the drivability portion figured out but it breaks up at 80% throttle so I need to swap the plugs and wires out while installing a fuel pressure gauge on the interior so we can see if the second pump is working at all.
Sounds like fuel? Are you tuning with a wideband?

Drivability is the hardest part of tuning IMO. Get that nailed down, and you're most of the way there.
Not using a wideband, but tuner had a full datalog going looking into issues. Passenger side bank O2 sensors showed no sign so it was a misfire of sorts; along with the fuel gauge, I need to have the Aeroforce wideband sensor installed.

I would have figured the fuel issue would have made itself known prior to 12.2psi and below 4300RPM, but just a bunch of guesses at this rate until I get the sensors wired up and whatnot.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

3rdgenfan wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:14 pm Had to replace the intake manifold on the GXP.

Wait this is the stock manifold? It looks like an Igloo cooler.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:17 am
3rdgenfan wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:14 pm Had to replace the intake manifold on the GXP.

;) Nope.

Finally got around to putting my LSA blower on, smaller 2.55" upper pulley and wound up doing a FORE Innovations dual 300lph fuel pump system with a Hobbs switch to fire up the second pump at 7psi. Huckleberry helped out on the install and then when my schedule was crazy my friend (whos garage it stayed in) got to tinkering to finish it up.

Went a little overboard on a stock-ish setup regarding the fuel system but hey, at least I don't have to upgrade that stuff except for maybe injectors.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

3rdgenfan wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:36 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:17 am

;) Nope.

Finally got around to putting my LSA blower on, smaller 2.55" upper pulley and wound up doing a FORE Innovations dual 300lph fuel pump system with a Hobbs switch to fire up the second pump at 7psi. Huckleberry helped out on the install and then when my schedule was crazy my friend (whos garage it stayed in) got to tinkering to finish it up.

Went a little overboard on a stock-ish setup regarding the fuel system but hey, at least I don't have to upgrade that stuff except for maybe injectors.
Obvi, in retrospect. Very nice.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Leased a Frontier in Feburary 2022, was going to be a hold-me-over until my Lightning ressy switched to an order.

It's since been turned back into Nissan since my Lightning wound up showing up to the dealer 3 months after placing the order which was unexpected, but in that time I've now put nearly 20k miles on the Lightning (as seen in the post in plac thread.)

G8 GXP was finally tuned after trading IT work and made 594whp.

I have since picked up a Monster LT1-S triple disk clutch since the stock one said "nah, not for me dawg" so I'll eventually have to get that put in in the near future.

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

3rdgenfan wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:32 pm Leased a Frontier in Feburary 2022, was going to be a hold-me-over until my Lightning ressy switched to an order.

It's since been turned back into Nissan since my Lightning wound up showing up to the dealer 3 months after placing the order which was unexpected, but in that time I've now put nearly 20k miles on the Lightning (as seen in the post in plac thread.)

G8 GXP was finally tuned after trading IT work and made 594whp.

I have since picked up a Monster LT1-S triple disk clutch since the stock one said "nah, not for me dawg" so I'll eventually have to get that put in in the near future.

:notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Congrats on the new ‘fake truck’, I love that color. In4 G8 pics as well, sounds like fun.

How easy was it to turn in the Frontier and how did you like it?
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:27 pm Congrats on the new ‘fake truck’, I love that color. In4 G8 pics as well, sounds like fun.

Initially, I loved the Frontier, and towards the end of the 18-month lease, I was thinking I'd just buy a Pro4X since it was within my budget. Unfortunately, the experience of simply GETTING that base model Frontier as part of the 99% residual value lease was so painful that I swore off buying from a Nissan dealership for the remainder of my life. So many lies, attempts at getting more money from me, etc.

Turning it in was simple. Had it inspected by their third-party company while at work, who claimed no damage was found so I owed nothing other than my turn-in fee.

The only issues I really had with the Frontier was that after the F150 showed up, it just felt like an ox-cart when driving around....the 9 speed had some quirks at times and I guess since I got used to the interior space of the F150 quickly, the Nissan just felt cramped.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

3rdgenfan wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:55 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:27 pm Congrats on the new ‘fake truck’, I love that color. In4 G8 pics as well, sounds like fun.

Initially, I loved the Frontier, and towards the end of the 18-month lease, I was thinking I'd just buy a Pro4X since it was within my budget. Unfortunately, the experience of simply GETTING that base model Frontier as part of the 99% residual value lease was so painful that I swore off buying from a Nissan dealership for the remainder of my life. So many lies, attempts at getting more money from me, etc.

Turning it in was simple. Had it inspected by their third-party company while at work, who claimed no damage was found so I owed nothing other than my turn-in fee.

The only issues I really had with the Frontier was that after the F150 showed up, it just felt like an ox-cart when driving around....the 9 speed had some quirks at times and I guess since I got used to the interior space of the F150 quickly, the Nissan just felt cramped.
:notbad: I misunderstood a little and thought you meant you had to turn it in way early, was wondering if they were able to buy back easily enough.

Bummer about the :dillerman: but not really surprising, you were probably their first customer with a credit score over 600 and they were at a loss on what to do. Sad as it seems the cars have gotten a lot better.
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:18 am

:notbad: I misunderstood a little and thought you meant you had to turn it in way early, was wondering if they were able to buy back easily enough.

Bummer about the :dillerman: but not really surprising, you were probably their first customer with a credit score over 600 and they were at a loss on what to do. Sad as it seems the cars have gotten a lot better.
Ahh yeah my apologies. It stuck around until the lease was over, obviously a base model 4x4 crew cab Frontier wasn't worth remotely what the residual was so I'd have wound up paying like 5-6k out of pocket vs the remaining 1800 if I traded it in.

Didn't even get all 15k miles out of it....traded it in with 12001 on the clock because I just preferred the F150. I also drive entirely too much between work and home so a low mileage lease was never going to work for me.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Nissan dealership games are why I never bought that leftover 2017 :manuel: Frontier.