Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:01 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:30 pm

:howdareu:

I'll just take my 30 dollar unlimited plan and free Hulu and cry myself to sleep
How's that working BTW? Still highly considering ditching Fi for this...it's a much better deal and my Fi service seems to be on Sprint all the time anyway.
fwiw I could not sign up for this Hulu deal last night.

re: Sprint overall? it's been pretty seamless. some patchy 3g when in-between cities that I would call slightly worse than at&t was, but it has never effected our use. Not having to worry about data caps and shit has been great. wife loves being able to video chat every where.

I'd definitely recommend Sprint overall. It's low cost quality cell service.
brain go brrrrrr
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

wap wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:28 pm Image

Is that a serious storyline?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Yep. Throughout the episode a few weeks ago various characters would hear a sonic boom, look up and see satellite debris streaking across the sky. Miraculously the debris landed in the woods nearby igniting a yuuge fire that everyone banded together to put out. Bucket brigade to put out a forest fire? :yeahok: And, of course, walkers suddenly showed up so they could then have a bunch of burning zombies wandering around because, you know, it looks cool. :rolleyes:
Imageol:

Wow. Glad I jumped when I did.

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote:
Irish wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:28 pm I hated the Glen dumpster fake out...... but I thought the episode he bought it in was some of the best television i have ever watched......

I almost bailed out after the Atlanta 4 had umpteen chances to kill Negan but never did. It was lazy writing and they dragged that on waaaay too long only to end up keeping him as a pet There is no way that anyone who was in that clearing would sit for keeping him alive. Especially Maggie.

The new showrunner and characters introduced last season have given it some new life, but its a markedly different show now....almost a spin off of itself and I have ceased caring very much even about the original characters (Carol and Daryl) .....

Never got into Fear....I hated the husband and the kid......though I'd love to get up to some Dickens with Kim Dickens......
Agreed on all counts. And the kid on fear, :disgust: I hated that character.
I tried FTWD's first season but didn't like it. Especially the characters. And the premise was to show the beginning right? Then why the hell was there a big time jump in the second or third episode that skipped over everything people wanted to see?! That really :triggered: me.

Now it's just another walking dead but apparently there are crossovers with the original show?

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:21 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:01 am
How's that working BTW? Still highly considering ditching Fi for this...it's a much better deal and my Fi service seems to be on Sprint all the time anyway.
fwiw I could not sign up for this Hulu deal last night.

re: Sprint overall? it's been pretty seamless. some patchy 3g when in-between cities that I would call slightly worse than at&t was, but it has never effected our use. Not having to worry about data caps and shit has been great. wife loves being able to video chat every where.

I'd definitely recommend Sprint overall. It's low cost quality cell service.
Excellent. It's the patchy service in between cities that concerns me a bit. I spend a lot of time in the middle of nowhere, and it's pretty amazing how Fi manages to find service between Sprint and T-Mobile in the most unlikely of places.

Still, good deal is good.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:21 am
wap wrote:
Yep. Throughout the episode a few weeks ago various characters would hear a sonic boom, look up and see satellite debris streaking across the sky. Miraculously the debris landed in the woods nearby igniting a yuuge fire that everyone banded together to put out. Bucket brigade to put out a forest fire? :yeahok: And, of course, walkers suddenly showed up so they could then have a bunch of burning zombies wandering around because, you know, it looks cool. :rolleyes:
Imageol:

Wow. Glad I jumped when I did.

Yea you probably did the right thing.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:24 am
wap wrote: Agreed on all counts. And the kid on fear, :disgust: I hated that character.
I tried FTWD's first season but didn't like it. Especially the characters. And the premise was to show the beginning right? Then why the hell was there a big time jump in the second or third episode that skipped over everything people wanted to see?! That really :triggered: me.

Now it's just another walking dead but apparently there are crossovers with the original show?

Yup, Morgan and that face burned ex Savior dude are now on FTWD after literally walking across the whole continent and ending up in exactly the same place with the same group of people (the Fear group) months apart :lol:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

wap wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:45 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:24 am I tried FTWD's first season but didn't like it. Especially the characters. And the premise was to show the beginning right? Then why the hell was there a big time jump in the second or third episode that skipped over everything people wanted to see?! That really :triggered: me.

Yup, Morgan and that face burned ex Savior dude are now on FTWD after literally walking across the whole continent and ending up in exactly the same place with the same group of people (the Fear group) months apart :lol:
Based on your comment I see you're not up to date... :)

Yeah, I think the perspective was not to show the beginning, but how things went down on the west coast and Mexico instead of the east/south. The first episode of TWD kicked off when Rick woke up from the coma, but you didn't miss too much other than seeing people turn and knowing why/how that all worked.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

started watching Atypical on the flix, full of :lolgasm:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:08 pm

Yeah, I think the perspective was not to show the beginning, but how things went down on the west coast and Mexico instead of the east/south. The first episode of TWD kicked off when Rick woke up from the coma, but you didn't miss too much other than seeing people turn and knowing why/how that all worked.
I'm not following you here, or am I forgetting something? Morgan and burn-face are on Fear now. Have they left again? Walking back east?

Oh wait! Morgan may have...gotten himself into some...trouble in the season finale, right?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:37 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:08 pm

I'm not following you here, or am I forgetting something? Morgan and burn-face are on Fear now. Have they left again? Walking back east?

Oh wait! Morgan may have...gotten himself into some...trouble in the season finale, right?
Yeah, definite trouble for Morgan, which is kinda sad. FTWD has never had a problem killing people though, which is likely more accurate than TWD.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:24 am I tried FTWD's first season but didn't like it. Especially the characters. And the premise was to show the beginning right? Then why the hell was there a big time jump in the second or third episode that skipped over everything people wanted to see?! That really :triggered: me.

:lol:

I think I read somewhere that they have no intention of ending the show. The main one anyway.

The show is pretty much a walker at this point. Just shuffling along. First 6 or so seasons were so good too.
wap

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:13 pm

I think I read somewhere that they have no intention of ending the show. The main one anyway.

The show is pretty much a walker at this point. Just shuffling along. First 6 or so seasons were so good too.
:dat:
It's kind of starting to remind me of Lost, which I bailed out on just before the last season when I couldn't give a shit anymore how they would wrap it up, and I heard it was a most unsatisfying wrap-up, too.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:56 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:13 pm

It's kind of starting to remind me of Lost, which I bailed out on just before the last season when I couldn't give a shit anymore how they would wrap it up, and I heard it was a most unsatisfying wrap-up, too.
It was a bad wrap up for Lost but I stuck with it and I think that was only 6 seasons. Towards the end it was starting to drag a bit but I felt TWD was much worse. TWD should've ended like 3 seasons ago but no way AMC is gonna axe their cash cow.
wap

Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:08 pm
wap wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:56 pm

It was a bad wrap up for Lost but I stuck with it and I think that was only 6 seasons. Towards the end it was starting to drag a bit but I felt TWD was much worse. TWD should've ended like 3 seasons ago but no way AMC is gonna axe their cash cow.
:notwrong:
When we first got introduced to the Whisperers, I thought, oh cool, a new story line where the walkers are becoming intelligent and able to communicate. Finally, something interesting and different. But no, it's just another rival group wearing zombie skin masks. :flaccid:
Prior to that, I though that maybe Carl would survive his bite and be the chosen one who is immune to the virus and an antidote would be able to be made from his stem cells or something. :flaccid:
So yea, to your point, they should have wrapped it up years ago either with a cure being found or with everyone dying.
wap

And now I think they're starting to hint at yet another spinoff. :rolleyes:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:11 pm And now I think they're starting to hint at yet another spinoff. :rolleyes:
There is supposed to be a movie coming with Rick returning.
wap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:17 pm
wap wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:11 pm And now I think they're starting to hint at yet another spinoff. :rolleyes:
I'm really kind of like :whocares: at this point :doe:
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

wap wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:09 pm

I'm really kind of like :whocares: at this point :doe:
The needed to have that movie in the can already when they wrote Lincoln off the show...by the time the movie comes out :whocares:
Irish

Looks terrible

https://youtu.be/SIGWqFsvJ5w

Guess vids dont embed anymore?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:24 pm
Looks terrible

Really terrible.

"Nearly a decade after the apocalypse".... Uh... you've got power and microphones and schools running. The current TWD is a decade after the event and they don't have shit like that.
Irish

A theatrical release trilogy supposedly.....

https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/19/wal ... -theaters/
wap

Irish wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:24 pm
Looks terrible

:whocares: 4.75/7 probably won't watch.
wap

Irish wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:32 pm

A theatrical release trilogy supposedly.....

https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/19/wal ... -theaters/
:wtf: :nope:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Watched episode 2 of The Mandalorian. I'm liking it, just wish it was a bit longer per episode.

Also watched the first 2 episodes of "The Word According To Jeff Goldblum". So far it's :notbad:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote:Watched episode 2 of The Mandalorian. I'm liking it, just wish it was a bit longer per episode.

Also watched the first 2 episodes of "The Word According To Jeff Goldblum". So far it's :notbad:
Yep. Watched episode 2 last night and just as I thought it was getting started it ended. 28 minutes is crazy. Hopefully some of the later episodes are an hour plus at least.