The time has come to join the Placidemic of 2018

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:28 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:13 pm

That car was way too hyped up for what it is. It’s honestly just a decent vehicle, with some good straight line power, and it also has great packaging
The size of it is nice, and aside from some cheap plastics here and there, feels really premium with nice features. The seats were pretty great. Sound system was nice, etc, in a car that's easier to park than a civic.
If you can live with 2 doors it’s very decent. I dunno I never felt strongly about any features in my 335 outside of the paint, that blue was a cut above the rest. The black Saphire paint on my m3 is garbage in comparison.
I am not sure what cheap plastics you’re talking about, don’t think those cars have any, my car had real aluminum trim, which is real cf in the m3 now.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:32 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:28 pm

The size of it is nice, and aside from some cheap plastics here and there, feels really premium with nice features. The seats were pretty great. Sound system was nice, etc, in a car that's easier to park than a civic.
If you can live with 2 doors it’s very decent. I dunno I never felt strongly about any features in my 335 outside of the paint, that blue was a cut above the rest. The black Saphire paint on my m3 is garbage in comparison.
I am not sure what cheap plastics you’re talking about, don’t think those cars have any, my car had real aluminum trim, which is real cf in the m3 now.
I dunno, I just remember thinking that some of the interior wasn't as nice as the $45k MSRP might suggest it should be. Didn't really matter though, I don't stroke the dash or anything. I mean I think my STI's interior is totally fine and rather nice so what do I know.

I like the 2 series overall though. Just felt that between the zero feedback steering, fake exhaust noises, and dim-witted transmission (in comfort, member) didn't make the car worth it and honestly not as fun as a regular ol GTI. Also, did your car do this? The brakes felt like they grabbed an extra bit right as the car stopped, causing the car to kind of jerk to a stop.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:39 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:32 pm

I dunno, I just remember thinking that some of the interior wasn't as nice as the $45k MSRP might suggest it should be. Didn't really matter though, I don't stroke the dash or anything. I mean I think my STI's interior is totally fine and rather nice so what do I know.

I like the 2 series overall though. Just felt that between the zero feedback steering, fake exhaust noises, and dim-witted transmission (in comfort, member) didn't make the car worth it and honestly not as fun as a regular ol GTI. Also, did your car do this? The brakes felt like they grabbed an extra bit right as the car stopped, causing the car to kind of jerk to a stop.
Negative on the brakes, in the 5 f80/f30 vehicles i have driven. The brakes were a bit disappointing on the m sport to be honest, but rumor has it, it’s just the pads, as bmw switched to a low dust compound. My 335 made almost no exhaust noises, I don’t believe these have any fake noise, the m3 supposedly has em though.
A gti has an interior that is close to comparable in the upper trims for sure. Also as I mentioned many times, some cheaper cars do handle just as good in stock form. The issue is just that bmw neuters these cars on purpose. A set of 245 up front and 275 in the back pss, and some performance pads would really wake em up.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:46 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Negative on the brakes, in the 5 f80/f30 vehicles i have driven. The brakes were a bit disappointing on the m sport to be honest, but rumor has it, it’s just the pads, as bmw switched to a low dust compound. My 335 made almost no exhaust noises, I don’t believe these have any fake noise, the m3 supposedly has em though.
A gti has an interior that is close to comparable in the upper trims for sure. Also as I mentioned many times, some cheaper cars do handle just as good in stock form. The issue is just that bmw neuters these cars on purpose. A set of 245 up front and 275 in the back pss, and some performance pads would really wake em up.
Yeah weird. I could not get the car to stop smoothly, it would be fine down to like 3 MPH and then would abruptly jerk to a stop. Might have just been that car though.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:07 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:46 pm

Yeah weird. I could not get the car to stop smoothly, it would be fine down to like 3 MPH and then would abruptly jerk to a stop. Might have just been that car though.
That sounds like a transmission issue where the TC doesn’t decouple
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

troyguitar wrote:
Davestr wrote: Short test drives are no better than not driving at all. You need min 30 min at least on diff type roads.
Can't get that in murica unless you're :alpo: status.
There’s a used diller “chain” (3 or so locations) in the philly area that’ll let you just take the car out, just have to give your driver’s license for a copy before you go. At least, they used to do that years ago, not sure if it’s still that way.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Johnny_P

Calvinball wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:18 am
troyguitar wrote:Can't get that in murica unless you're :alpo: status.
There’s a used diller “chain” (3 or so locations) in the philly area that’ll let you just take the car out, just have to give your driver’s license for a copy before you go. At least, they used to do that years ago, not sure if it’s still that way.

Which? CarSense?
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Johnny_P wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:18 am There’s a used diller “chain” (3 or so locations) in the philly area that’ll let you just take the car out, just have to give your driver’s license for a copy before you go. At least, they used to do that years ago, not sure if it’s still that way.

Which? CarSense?
Yep. My info is very old though.

:therapist:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Washed/cleaned the Kamry today. The :dillerman: must've PDRed out the door dings Husbrand noticed when it was in Miami. It's really like new condition, the only imperfections are a couple of tiny rock chips on the hood. I still love the way it looks, and it cleans up great. The Estoril also hides dirt well. The inside has a tiny bit of wear on the shift knob and e-brake but that's it.

We took it all over town yesterday apartment shopping and my gf really likes it also. She hasn't driven it yet, but we're taking it to Saint Augustine Friday so she likely will then.

It's also looking like we'll be able to get a place to live with good enough parking too, so no problems there. Two car life stays.

ImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Apex
Drives: Abominable

Glad to hear all seems well with the Kamry so far Griff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I think I'll ldo the enhanced Bluetooth "mod". Kinda :bs: for $224 but I think it'll be worthwhile.

dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

It's a sweet ride for sure glad it's working out
Johnny_P

:fuckyeah: :megusta:
max225

D Griff wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:53 pm Washed/cleaned the Kamry today. The :dillerman: must've PDRed out the door dings Husbrand noticed when it was in Miami. It's really like new condition, the only imperfections are a couple of tiny rock chips on the hood. I still love the way it looks, and it cleans up great. The Estoril also hides dirt well. The inside has a tiny bit of wear on the shift knob and e-brake but that's it.

We took it all over town yesterday apartment shopping and my gf really likes it also. She hasn't driven it yet, but we're taking it to Saint Augustine Friday so she likely will then.

It's also looking like we'll be able to get a place to live with good enough parking too, so no problems there. Two car life stays.

ImageImageImage

Really :neat: enjoyed the pics !
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Estoril Bloo and all's well. :nice: !
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

She's foine I wished I had bought my F36 with $25k depreciated off of it. :sad:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:38 pm She's foine I wished I had bought my F36 with $25k depreciated off of it. :sad:
Well it has had that much depreciated out of it by now. I believe I was bitching about this very depreciation, you came in hard with the “whatever Lola wants Lola gets” as she drove a cls and makes enough to afford it
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:jimp: Really outstanding choice IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:26 am
Desertbreh wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:38 pm She's foine I wished I had bought my F36 with $25k depreciated off of it. :sad:
Well it has had that much depreciated out of it by now. I believe I was bitching about this very depreciation, you came in hard with the “whatever Lola wants Lola gets” as she drove a cls and makes enough to afford it
Zero question I walked into the slaughter fully advised. Lola does indeed make her own money and can do as she likes in this regard. At least she agreed to start the 4g dive into depreciation hell at 60000 feet, not 85000 feet. Ain't no magic poo brown MSport bimmers on the used car lots brah. This is the only one I've ever seen, although arguably there is a reason for that.

Dplac probably wished he had enclosed cabinets back in the day. You'll probably wish you eloped to Tuscany instead of dropping $80 large on an all AZN smackdown when you hook it up with Mark 2. If wishes and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:39 am :jimp: Really outstanding choice IMO.
:dat: Great fucking deal, enough power to have good times and still get superior highway mileage, great color, :manuel: and those waxable blue brakes finish it off. Sweet, sweet car.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I'm interested to hear how it runs on 87 and how the real world highway mpg turns out. These things apparently are rated 36 highway with the ZF8 and can be cheap if you don't care about blue+\\\W badges.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

D Griff wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:53 pm Washed/cleaned the Kamry today. The :dillerman: must've PDRed out the door dings Husbrand noticed when it was in Miami. It's really like new condition, the only imperfections are a couple of tiny rock chips on the hood. I still love the way it looks, and it cleans up great. The Estoril also hides dirt well. The inside has a tiny bit of wear on the shift knob and e-brake but that's it.

ImageImageImage

Winning! Looks great man! Enjoy the road trip to St Augusting FL. I lived there for 5 years in college - Flagler College. Check out the campus as its located just off the bay right downtown :)
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:00 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:39 am :jimp: Really outstanding choice IMO.
:dat: Great fucking deal, enough power to have good times and still get superior highway mileage, great color, :manuel: and those waxable blue brakes finish it off. Sweet, sweet car.
Yep - 100% Well done on that one there. Nice find and appears totally worth the wait and hassle. :like: :like: :like: :like:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote:I'm interested to hear how it runs on 87 and how the real world highway mpg turns out. These things apparently are rated 36 highway with the ZF8 and can be cheap if you don't care about blue+\\\W badges.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing
Well, I've only filled up once, so I can't comment on mpgggs yet but will have info next week after the road trip. It's as smooth as can be on 87. I'll probably try 93 for :science: but so far I'm thinking it's not necessary. It's certainly powerful enough to be entertaining and 1st gear feels pretty short which makes it really fun off the line.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Davestr wrote:

ImageImageImage

Winning! Looks great man! Enjoy the road trip to St Augusting FL. I lived there for 5 years in college - Flagler College. Check out the campus as its located just off the bay right downtown :)
I'm excited! Lived in Miami for about five years, seen most of Florida but this will be the first time in St. Augustine which looks beautiful.

Thanks everyone for the kind words on the ultimate depreciation machine!