Singer Vehicle Design DLS Goodwood

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Post Reply
User avatar
Bandit
Spinbait
Spinbait
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:02 pm
Drives: Legacy Swagon | Nissan 240sx
Location: #coloRADo

Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:13 pm

They've been teasing this car on Instagram/the interwebs for a while now, but they've finally debuted the finished product at Goodwood.

https://jalopnik.com/the-singer-william ... 1827538039

Absolutely amazing, in every way. The attention to detail that Singer maintains on all of their builds is something to behold and this one goes to another level, in my opinion. That tach..... :wub:

Also that engine...real 6 speed with 500 NA HP at 9k RPM? Yes please.

I can't wait to hear it.

User avatar
max225
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 14690
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: Kamry XSE

Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:23 pm

Bandit wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:13 pm
They've been teasing this car on Instagram/the interwebs for a while now, but they've finally debuted the finished product at Goodwood.

https://jalopnik.com/the-singer-william ... 1827538039

Absolutely amazing, in every way. The attention to detail that Singer maintains on all of their builds is something to behold and this one goes to another level, in my opinion. That tach..... :wub:

Also that engine...real 6 speed with 500 NA HP at 9k RPM? Yes please.

I can't wait to hear it.
Dat panel gap doe....

Hating aside... shit is kewl yo, but millionaires club cool ...

Image

User avatar
golftdibrad
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 10936
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:40 pm

other than the rear looking like a fucking RWB 911, I like it lots.
golftdibrad wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:40 pm

I'm even :wrong: about joking about being :wrong:

DFD: welcometothepartypal.gif

User avatar
Desertbreh
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 5430
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:49 pm

Incredibru and priced accordingly.
max225 wrote: You can't "hoon" a pos like that. You can however set up a methlab.

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 8580
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:51 pm

Tons of amazing details, as I would expect from Singer.
Desertbreh wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:25 pm
I've been featured on the cover of Poverty Illustrated 4 times.

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 16411
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: 18 Canyonado / 09 Meata
Location: Dirty JerZ

Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:44 pm

I was asked what my dream car was.

This. Any Singer.

Or a Donkervoort.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazduh Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2018 Canyonado Z71 | 2009 MX-Velveeta
Detroit wrote:I love gravy.

User avatar
Detroit
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 22792
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:26 pm

This truly is incredible. I've always loved Singer cars.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
Detroit
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 22792
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:27 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:40 pm
other than the rear looking like a fucking RWB 911, I like it lots.
Yea, if I was going to be picky, the rear fender flares could have been executed with better flow. I really don't care for RWB Porsches.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
dubshow
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 5401
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:18 am
Drives: All of them

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:49 pm

:fap:

Im in love with it. Missing seat and all. The level of detail and thought in this thing is :mindblown:

I could just never fork over the money. I'd have to have an epic amount of fuck you money to blow $2m in a car.
This post is illegal in the European Union.

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 18453
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:49 pm

:jimp: :fap:

User avatar
fledonfoot
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 2400
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:33 pm
Drives: 17 Turbro Yaris, 15 F56 S

Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:06 pm

One of my clients at work has a Singer (the Philadelphia car) and is currently commissioning a second car.

A few weeks ago we had Singer bigwigs our at the store with one of their “shop” cars, while they took an order from the owner and another client.

It was the single most amazing vehicle I have ever seen. The attention to detail is beyond phenomenal on these cars and they are truly works of art. The level of depth in the paint. The stitching in the interior. The grain of the leather. The exposed shift linkages. The Swiss watch-like gauges. The amazing engine and intake.

I’ve been lucky enough to be in, behind the wheel of and around some incredible machinery in the past year, from a 918 to a Pagani. They all pale in comparison to the way these things are crafted. ImageImage

User avatar
Johnny_P
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 24428
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:28 pm

I love singers. Incredible pieces of machinery.

User avatar
troyguitar
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 9862
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:15 am
Drives: Screaming Dorito
Location: KY

Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:37 pm

I feel like I'd be afraid to drive something like that, but maybe not if I could afford to buy one in the first place? :iono:

Those things are cooler than any current Porsche :doe: for sure.

User avatar
Bandit
Spinbait
Spinbait
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:02 pm
Drives: Legacy Swagon | Nissan 240sx
Location: #coloRADo

Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:01 am

Desertbreh wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:49 pm
Incredibru and priced accordingly.
Absolutely. I was shocked to read in that jalopnik article that they plan to make 75 of these things. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
fledonfoot wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:06 pm
One of my clients at work has a Singer (the Philadelphia car) and is currently commissioning a second car.

A few weeks ago we had Singer bigwigs our at the store with one of their “shop” cars, while they took an order from the owner and another client.

It was the single most amazing vehicle I have ever seen. The attention to detail is beyond phenomenal on these cars and they are truly works of art. The level of depth in the paint. The stitching in the interior. The grain of the leather. The exposed shift linkages. The Swiss watch-like gauges. The amazing engine and intake.

I’ve been lucky enough to be in, behind the wheel of and around some incredible machinery in the past year, from a 918 to a Pagani. They all pale in comparison to the way these things are crafted.
Thanks for sharing, fled! I'm sure it is even more ridiculous in person. A car like this certainly transcends into a different category with the craftsmanship that goes into it.

If anyone is interested, it does seem like they are hiring for quite a few positions. I wonder if they are trying to ramp up production? I saw an unrelated comment earlier in the week that said they are currently at a 3 year wait list.

User avatar
golftdibrad
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 10936
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:28 am

Detroit wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:27 pm
golftdibrad wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:40 pm
other than the rear looking like a fucking RWB 911, I like it lots.
Yea, if I was going to be picky, the rear fender flares could have been executed with better flow. I really don't care for RWB Porsches.
Apparently you and I are the only two on the fucking planet with this opinion.
golftdibrad wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:40 pm

I'm even :wrong: about joking about being :wrong:

DFD: welcometothepartypal.gif

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 18453
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:32 am

Bandit wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:01 am
If anyone is interested, it does seem like they are hiring for quite a few positions. I wonder if they are trying to ramp up production? I saw an unrelated comment earlier in the week that said they are currently at a 3 year wait list.
:wasteful: go apply for something.

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 16411
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: 18 Canyonado / 09 Meata
Location: Dirty JerZ

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:02 am

fledonfoot wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:06 pm
One of my clients at work has a Singer (the Philadelphia car) and is currently commissioning a second car.

A few weeks ago we had Singer bigwigs our at the store with one of their “shop” cars, while they took an order from the owner and another client.

It was the single most amazing vehicle I have ever seen. The attention to detail is beyond phenomenal on these cars and they are truly works of art. The level of depth in the paint. The stitching in the interior. The grain of the leather. The exposed shift linkages. The Swiss watch-like gauges. The amazing engine and intake.

I’ve been lucky enough to be in, behind the wheel of and around some incredible machinery in the past year, from a 918 to a Pagani. They all pale in comparison to the way these things are crafted. ImageImage
I've now seen several Singers in person and my reaction is the same. Every. God. Damned. Time.

The attention to detail, the level of craftsmanship, the bespoke touches that don't immediately jump out at you until you stare at the car for a while.

Just fucking fantastic.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazduh Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2018 Canyonado Z71 | 2009 MX-Velveeta
Detroit wrote:I love gravy.

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 16411
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: 18 Canyonado / 09 Meata
Location: Dirty JerZ

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:03 am

golftdibrad wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:28 am
Detroit wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:27 pm

Yea, if I was going to be picky, the rear fender flares could have been executed with better flow. I really don't care for RWB Porsches.
Apparently you and I are the only two on the fucking planet with this opinion.
Not a fan of RWB Porches either.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazduh Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2018 Canyonado Z71 | 2009 MX-Velveeta
Detroit wrote:I love gravy.

User avatar
Detroit
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 22792
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:08 am

golftdibrad wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:28 am
Detroit wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:27 pm

Yea, if I was going to be picky, the rear fender flares could have been executed with better flow. I really don't care for RWB Porsches.
Apparently you and I are the only two on the fucking planet with this opinion.
I'm just not a fan of tacked on fender flares on CARS. Fine on trucks and SUVs, but doesn't work for me on cars. I understand I'm in the vast minority.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
golftdibrad
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 10936
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:24 am

Zillon wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:03 am
golftdibrad wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:28 am


Apparently you and I are the only two on the fucking planet with this opinion.
Not a fan of RWB Porches either.
Party of 3 now!
golftdibrad wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:40 pm

I'm even :wrong: about joking about being :wrong:

DFD: welcometothepartypal.gif

User avatar
dubshow
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 5401
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:18 am
Drives: All of them

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:37 am

golftdibrad wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:24 am
Zillon wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:03 am


Not a fan of RWB Porches either.
Party of 3 now!
I'll admit, they went a bit way to retarded in recent years. The early stuff was a lot more mild.
This post is illegal in the European Union.

User avatar
fledonfoot
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 2400
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:33 pm
Drives: 17 Turbro Yaris, 15 F56 S

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:19 pm

Bandit wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:01 am
I wonder if they are trying to ramp up production? I saw an unrelated comment earlier in the week that said they are currently at a 3 year wait list.
Yes, and expansion.

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 16411
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: 18 Canyonado / 09 Meata
Location: Dirty JerZ

Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:07 am

fledonfoot wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:19 pm
Bandit wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:01 am
I wonder if they are trying to ramp up production? I saw an unrelated comment earlier in the week that said they are currently at a 3 year wait list.
Yes, and expansion.
The quest for more dollhairs.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazduh Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2018 Canyonado Z71 | 2009 MX-Velveeta
Detroit wrote:I love gravy.

User avatar
Bandit
Spinbait
Spinbait
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:02 pm
Drives: Legacy Swagon | Nissan 240sx
Location: #coloRADo

Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:47 pm

fledonfoot wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:19 pm
Bandit wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:01 am
I wonder if they are trying to ramp up production? I saw an unrelated comment earlier in the week that said they are currently at a 3 year wait list.
Yes, and expansion.
Makes sense. If you've got a line out the door, might as well make use of it.

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 16411
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: 18 Canyonado / 09 Meata
Location: Dirty JerZ

Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:03 pm

Bandit wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:47 pm
fledonfoot wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:19 pm


Yes, and expansion.
Makes sense. If you've got a line out the door, might as well make use of it.
Hopefully it doesn't cheapen the Singer brand, though.

Gotta be careful with that.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazduh Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2018 Canyonado Z71 | 2009 MX-Velveeta
Detroit wrote:I love gravy.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests