House Plac: From Bag End to Balls Deep

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:08 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:05 am
Fucking McDonald's color scheme on the outside is pretty bad, but whatever. Paint is NBD. Hopefully it deters others. It is stucco on most, so maybe it could be sand blasted.

New furnace, AC, windows, roof. It just needs some cosmetic freshening, which is NBD to us. Could paint the bish in a week.
I don't know why so many houses I see are yellow... :lol: But in reality, painting something like that isn't a huge deal. Hopefully it deters others and you guys can get it! Sounds like it's a solid house, just needs some paint/pinshit.
Yep, all it needs is paint and pinshit. Pretty simple stuff compared to the last house that was going to need quite a bit more.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:58 am Welp, another offer placed. House is perfect in every way for us. Massive yard, massive garage (2.5 car, deep with a loft), small houses sq ft for the area, :tits: "dream kitchen".

:waxer: but YOLO I guess. This thing will never drop in value, even in a down turn it's a super desirable area. Our current house is at its max, we want to cash out while we can.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/15-P ... lpage=true

Current owner of new house had to have her leg aputated due to a bone infection (hence the ramp), so they're motivated to sell. Under any other circumstance, this would be over 500k.

:popcorn:
I gotta say, other than the wall paper that's really nice. If you can trade up for near zero out of pocket I can't fault this decision.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:25 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:58 am Welp, another offer placed. House is perfect in every way for us. Massive yard, massive garage (2.5 car, deep with a loft), small houses sq ft for the area, :tits: "dream kitchen".

:waxer: but YOLO I guess. This thing will never drop in value, even in a down turn it's a super desirable area. Our current house is at its max, we want to cash out while we can.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/15-P ... lpage=true

Current owner of new house had to have her leg aputated due to a bone infection (hence the ramp), so they're motivated to sell. Under any other circumstance, this would be over 500k.

I gotta say, other than the wall paper that's really nice. If you can trade up for near zero out of pocket I can't fault this decision.
Are you feeling OK?

Financially, we'd be getting everything out of our current house we put in (less taxes and insurance), leaving us 20% down on the new house plus about $20-40k depending on selling price. We'd actually "make" money because we have so much equity in Bag End.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:30 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:25 am

Are you feeling OK?

Financially, we'd be getting everything out of our current house we put in (less taxes and insurance), leaving us 20% down on the new house plus about $20-40k depending on selling price. We'd actually "make" money because we have so much equity in Bag End.
i call it like i see it. If you were doing this for INVESTMENT, FLIPPING, :haus: :haus: :haus: bs reasons id say no bueno. But you see a thing that more what you want than what you have in same area ...I mean I might not do it.....but i don't see any reason not too from a money perspective either. :iono:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:38 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:30 am
Are you feeling OK?

i call it like i see it. If you were doing this for INVESTMENT, FLIPPING, :haus: :haus: :haus: bs reasons id say no bueno. But you see a thing that more what you want than what you have in same area ...I mean I might not do it.....but i don't see any reason not too from a money perspective either. :iono:
Yea, totally zero flip opportunity here. This thing is at a fair market price that we can afford comfortably. We won't lose money on it, but it doesn't have much upside. This is totally a thing where we've always wanted a house like this in this area, our house is worth top (maybe ever), so why not. We'd live in that house for as long as we live in the Detroit area, which is looking like the long haul.

I almost cried when I saw the garage. It's massive for the age and in better shape than my current. Plus, the lot is massive so I could build a garagemahal at some point if I wanted without issue. This is the first house we've found with zero compromises for either of us.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:48 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:38 am

Yea, totally zero flip opportunity here. This thing is at a fair market price that we can afford comfortably. We won't lose money on it, but it doesn't have much upside. This is totally a thing where we've always wanted a house like this in this area, our house is worth top (maybe ever), so why not. We'd live in that house for as long as we live in the Detroit area, which is looking like the long haul.

I almost cried when I saw the garage. It's massive for the age and in better shape than my current. Plus, the lot is massive so I could build a garagemahal at some point if I wanted without issue. This is the first house we've found with zero compromises for either of us.
Done :dill: right there.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:54 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:48 am

We'll see. Offer in $10k below ask (which brings it more in line with price/sqft in the area because the house is small) and we waved our ability to nickel and dime them from the inspection...basically we can walk if something catastrophic is found, but we're not going to ask them to fix dumb shit or ask for more off after inspection. We take it as-is or walk. Realtor claims that's a big plus for sellers knowing that they're not going to get jacked around after inspection.

Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:58 am

We'll see. Offer in $10k below ask (which brings it more in line with price/sqft in the area because the house is small) and we waved our ability to nickel and dime them from the inspection...basically we can walk if something catastrophic is found, but we're not going to ask them to fix dumb shit or ask for more off after inspection. We take it as-is or walk. Realtor claims that's a big plus for sellers knowing that they're not going to get jacked around after inspection.

:popcorn: Sounds like a solid strategy.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

well good luck man, Making offers below ask is likely a tough sell ( :hue: :hue: :hue: ) in your area right now. But still, good luck.
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Supreme Large Lot w/ Mature Trees
:megusta:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Has ramp for your old ass.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:15 am

well good luck man, Making offers below ask is likely a tough sell ( :hue: :hue: :hue: ) in your area right now. But still, good luck.
Yea, totally. Realtor thinks that being lenient on inspection will help offset the lower offer, but fully expect either a counter or a highest and best in which we can reassess.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:37 am Has ramp for your fat ass.
:dat:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:43 am
Melon wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:37 am Has ramp for your fat ass.
:dat:
:lolol:
Apex

Melon wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:37 am Has ramp for your old ass.
Dplac can race :melon: s down the ramp! Cantaloupe vs. watermelon, a battle to the death!
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:07 am
Dplac can race :melon: s down the ramp! Cantaloupe vs. watermelon, a battle to the death!
Would be 5/7.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:10 am

Would be 5/7.
If you get this house, DFDBBQ to break it in. I’ll make the drive
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Ramp is good for loading pallets. :disgust:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SOVIET BEAR guard house.

Apex

razr390 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:15 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:10 am
Would be 5/7.
Yeah, that's exactly how he wants to :meat: the new neighbors... With all of us showing up. :lolol:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Haha

The Melon isn't slow.
Apex

Melon wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:16 am SOVIET BEAR guard house.

It has a tiny door to Wonderland too!
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:16 am Ramp is good for loading pallets. :disgust:
:lolol: :notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:17 am
razr390 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:15 am
Yeah, that's exactly how he wants to :meat: the new neighbors... With all of us showing up. :lolol:
"There goes the neighborhood...!"
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:16 am SOVIET BEAR guard house.

:ohdang: