World Cup thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Post Reply
User avatar
KYGTIGuy
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3248
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Drives: Mazda6

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:24 am

I know there are at least 2 others who are going to be watching.

Prediction. England will make a nice run. Not sure about Spain with all the recent termoil. Belgium and France winning it wouldn't surprise me. I don't see Germany repeating. Brazil will flame out.

Going out on a limb and saying Belgium will win

User avatar
Gberg2119
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1884
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:09 pm
Drives: Mk7 GoRf
Location: Philly

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:25 am

:whocares:

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

:gorf:

User avatar
Calvinball
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10559
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:49 pm
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:27 am

I enjoy watching this and the euro cup, but don’t know enough to have any kind of informed discussion.


Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:

User avatar
Bender
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 15545
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:40 pm
Drives: Mario Kart

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:36 am

Go team!

I will watch to watch but don't really care what I am watching just to watch.
This is the worst kind of discrimination there is: the kind against me!

User avatar
KYGTIGuy
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3248
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Drives: Mazda6

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:37 am

Calvinball wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:27 am
I enjoy watching this and the euro cup, but don’t know enough to have any kind of informed discussion.


Sent from the Beer Depository
Yeah. It's kinda like the Olympics. Dont know shit about curling but we watch.

I'm interested to see if there is a huge drop off in interest in the US since our national team shit the bed and isn't in the tournament

User avatar
Bender
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 15545
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:40 pm
Drives: Mario Kart

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:46 am

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:37 am
Calvinball wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:27 am
I enjoy watching this and the euro cup, but don’t know enough to have any kind of informed discussion.


Sent from the Beer Depository
Yeah. It's kinda like the Olympics. Dont know shit about curling but we watch.

I'm interested to see if there is a huge drop off in interest in the US since our national team shit the bed and isn't in the tournament
:dat: on all points

One of the conspiracy theories I heard yesterday was that by putting the next one in North America they automatically give a slot to the US so we don't have to qualify. Therefore make more money for FIFA.
This is the worst kind of discrimination there is: the kind against me!

User avatar
KYGTIGuy
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3248
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Drives: Mazda6

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:56 am

Bender wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:46 am
KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:37 am


Yeah. It's kinda like the Olympics. Dont know shit about curling but we watch.

I'm interested to see if there is a huge drop off in interest in the US since our national team shit the bed and isn't in the tournament
:dat: on all points

One of the conspiracy theories I heard yesterday was that by putting the next one in North America they automatically give a slot to the US so we don't have to qualify. Therefore make more money for FIFA.
Not sure if FIFA has cleaned up it's act or not.

Used to be that they chose places without the infrastructure so that more money would be floating around. If a country has to build 10 or 15 staduims, that's a lot of opportunities for kickbacks.

User avatar
Bender
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 15545
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:40 pm
Drives: Mario Kart

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:00 am

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:56 am
Bender wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:46 am


:dat: on all points

One of the conspiracy theories I heard yesterday was that by putting the next one in North America they automatically give a slot to the US so we don't have to qualify. Therefore make more money for FIFA.
Not sure if FIFA has cleaned up it's act or not.

Used to be that they chose places without the infrastructure so that more money would be floating around. If a country has to build 10 or 15 staduims, that's a lot of opportunities for kickbacks.
I think they might be a little less corrupt than they were? IOC doe they are fucking evil.
This is the worst kind of discrimination there is: the kind against me!

User avatar
razr390
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 13393
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 am

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:53 am

Bender wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:00 am
KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:56 am


Not sure if FIFA has cleaned up it's act or not.

Used to be that they chose places without the infrastructure so that more money would be floating around. If a country has to build 10 or 15 staduims, that's a lot of opportunities for kickbacks.
I think they might be a little less corrupt than they were? IOC doe they are fucking evil.
Yea FIFA is like the Catholic Church priests messing with little boys of sports organizations.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
WAP wrote:Hey, if he's old enough to wear a ball gag he's old enough to fuck himself.

User avatar
razr390
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 13393
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 am

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:54 am

Event at work today. Should be fun. Lots of former special agents.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
WAP wrote:Hey, if he's old enough to wear a ball gag he's old enough to fuck himself.

User avatar
KYGTIGuy
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3248
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Drives: Mazda6

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:58 am

Kinda hope Messi cements his place as one on the greatest too.

User avatar
razr390
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 13393
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 am

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:11 am

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:58 am
Kinda hope Messi cements his place as one on the greatest too.
He got that curse
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
WAP wrote:Hey, if he's old enough to wear a ball gag he's old enough to fuck himself.

User avatar
dtraill27
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Posts: 982
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:45 pm
Drives: 17 Mazda 6
Location: Allentown

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:06 pm

I'm rooting for England since the premiere league is my favorite league. I'm guessing Germany will win again though. Rooting for Egypt with mo salah as well since Liverpool is my club team

User avatar
dtraill27
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Posts: 982
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:45 pm
Drives: 17 Mazda 6
Location: Allentown

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:08 pm

Also next week world cup is in 2022 in fucking Qatar. They moved it to December so they aren't playing when it's 120 in the damn desert. If you want to know about fifa being corrupt read about this whole mess

User avatar
KYGTIGuy
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3248
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Drives: Mazda6

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:10 pm

dtraill27 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:06 pm
I'm rooting for England since the premiere league is my favorite league. I'm guessing Germany will win again though. Rooting for Egypt with mo salah as well since Liverpool is my club team
I will be rooting for England because my DNA test said I should. And Germany too

So you are not alone.....

User avatar
dtraill27
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Posts: 982
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:45 pm
Drives: 17 Mazda 6
Location: Allentown

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:11 pm

I'd bet we'd get some awesome tweets from trump if Mexico won

User avatar
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3305
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:14 am
Drives: 2015 VW GTI SE, DSG w/LP
Location: Northern Virginia / DC

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:13 pm

Saudis fucking sucks, it’s like a practice for russians

Im rooting for germany, cuz there are a couple turkish players on that team. #uberalles

User avatar
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3305
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:14 am
Drives: 2015 VW GTI SE, DSG w/LP
Location: Northern Virginia / DC

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:16 pm

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:10 pm
dtraill27 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:06 pm
I'm rooting for England since the premiere league is my favorite league. I'm guessing Germany will win again though. Rooting for Egypt with mo salah as well since Liverpool is my club team
I will be rooting for England because my DNA test said I should. And Germany too

So you are not alone.....
Did you know wayne rooney will the transfered to DC united?

User avatar
KYGTIGuy
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3248
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Drives: Mazda6

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Leroy Sane must be a bitch

User avatar
KYGTIGuy
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3248
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Drives: Mazda6

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:18 pm

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:16 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:10 pm


I will be rooting for England because my DNA test said I should. And Germany too

So you are not alone.....
Did you know wayne rooney will the transfered to DC united?
Saw the rumor. Didn't know it was official.

Makes sense for him. Come to the US and dominate or at least be a top level player

User avatar
KYGTIGuy
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3248
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Drives: Mazda6

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Khderia is Turkish? Can?

Just being Uber racist and going by skin tone to make a guess

User avatar
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3305
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:14 am
Drives: 2015 VW GTI SE, DSG w/LP
Location: Northern Virginia / DC

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:21 pm

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:18 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:16 pm


Did you know wayne rooney will the transfered to DC united?
Saw the rumor. Didn't know it was official.

Makes sense for him. Come to the US and dominate or at least be a top level player
I was thinking about the same as well, kinda like beckham transferred to LA galaxy and I believe same happens to Zlatan. That said if that happens I’ll grab my first United Jersey and hopefully with VW logo on front

User avatar
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3305
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:14 am
Drives: 2015 VW GTI SE, DSG w/LP
Location: Northern Virginia / DC

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:23 pm

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:19 pm
Khderia is Turkish? Can?

Just being Uber racist and going by skin tone to make a guess
Khderia is not turkish, but middle eastern

Turkish ones are
Mesut Ozil
Ilkay Gundogan
And Niklas Süle (turkish last name, but german first name, assuming dad is turkish)

Trust me, you wouldn't even think I'd be turkish the second you see me. Everytime someone asks where I'm from 8/10 I get "you don't look turkish"
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KYGTIGuy
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3248
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Drives: Mazda6

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:25 pm

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:21 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:18 pm


Saw the rumor. Didn't know it was official.

Makes sense for him. Come to the US and dominate or at least be a top level player
I was thinking about the same as well, kinda like beckham transferred to LA galaxy and I believe same happens to Zlatan. That said if that happens I’ll grab my first United Jersey and hopefully with VW logo on front
I think it makes MLS look silly but as far as Rooney us concerned, hell yeah if do it.

Ive always liked Rooney as a player as well

User avatar
KYGTIGuy
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3248
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Drives: Mazda6

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:26 pm

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:23 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:19 pm
Khderia is Turkish? Can?

Just being Uber racist and going by skin tone to make a guess
Khderia is not turkish, but middle eastern

Turkish ones are
Mesut Ozil
Ilkay Gundogan
And Niklas Süle (turkish last name, but german first name, assuming dad is turkish)
Ozil is pretty swarthy...


:trollface:


Is he wearing #10?

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 0 guests