Obligatory GMChevrolet Canyonado Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Frontier, Rabbit TDI, G8 GXP

Screen still loses its mind on occasion when doing internet radio.

I feel defeated after dealing with different dealers to get it fixed but I need to make another attempt soon.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

3rdgenfan wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:41 am Screen still loses its mind on occasion when doing internet radio.

I feel defeated after dealing with different dealers to get it fixed but I need to make another attempt soon.
:sad:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:36 am I spent too much time looking at the BDS/Zone 5.5" lift on some :truk: s last night.

:jimp:
:notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

The tough thing to decide would be spending the money on the lift, or just trading in for a ZR2? Used ones are rather reasonable.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:16 pm The tough thing to decide would be spending the money on the lift, or just trading in for a ZR2? Used ones are rather reasonable.
I need to drive a diesel at some point. But yes, you are correct with that question. I do really like the 7k towing capacity of the Z71 over the 5k on the ZR2, but I also don't tow anything. Yet.
Shouldn't be hard to find a ZR2 that isn't beat to hell by the first owner around here. I actually have this debate in my head on a regular basis when I think about what I would do if my Z71 was totaled.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:20 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:16 pm The tough thing to decide would be spending the money on the lift, or just trading in for a ZR2? Used ones are rather reasonable.
I need to drive a diesel at some point. But yes, you are correct with that question. I do really like the 7k towing capacity of the Z71 over the 5k on the ZR2, but I also don't tow anything. Yet.
Shouldn't be hard to find a ZR2 that isn't beat to hell by the first owner around here. I actually have this debate in my head on a regular basis when I think about what I would do if my Z71 was totaled.
The only reason the ZR2 can't tow 7k lbs is limited cooling from the skid plates under the engine and trans. The truck is perfectly capable of 7k lbs if you're not towing 7k lbs up a 20% grade in 120 degree heat with the AC blasting.

The diesel is nice, but a bit lacking on passing power on the highway. Factor in the price premium, and I really think the V6 is the way to go. I have zero issues with my truck.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:24 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:20 pm

The only reason the ZR2 can't tow 7k lbs is limited cooling from the skid plates under the engine and trans. The truck is perfectly capable of 7k lbs if you're not towing 7k lbs up a 20% grade in 120 degree heat with the AC blasting.

The diesel is nice, but a bit lacking on passing power on the highway. Factor in the price premium, and I really think the V6 is the way to go. I have zero issues with my truck.
Oh wow, good to know on the towing limits. I wouldn't even be towing anything that heavy, just good to have the buffer for the lawyers if anything happened.

I've never driven a diesel, so I want to see what it's like. Gasser seems like the way to go for a daily. I :wub: my :truk:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:26 pm

Oh wow, good to know on the towing limits. I wouldn't even be towing anything that heavy, just good to have the buffer for the lawyers if anything happened.

I've never driven a diesel, so I want to see what it's like. Gasser seems like the way to go for a daily. I :wub: my :truk:
Lawyers? Insurance claims for over towing in an accident or something?

You should drive a diesel just for :science: but make sure to take it on the highway. The torque is :lolol: around town, and hands down more fun. It's when you get on the highway that it's a bit more :flaccid: That's where the V6 shines.

The V6 may be down on torque, but the 1-3 gearing of the trans makes up for it IMO. Then you still have the passing power on the highway when you need it. Best of all worlds.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:30 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:26 pm

You should drive a diesel just for :science: but make sure to take it on the highway. The torque is :lolol: around town, and hands down more fun. It's when you get on the highway that it's a bit more :flaccid: That's where the V6 shines.

The V6 may be down on torque, but the 1-3 gearing of the trans makes up for it IMO. Then you still have the passing power on the highway when you need it. Best of all worlds.
Yep on the bolded. Can't be too careful with the litigious society we live in.

I'll be sure to take a diesel out on the highway sometime. :science: deems it necessary.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:00 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:30 pm

I'll be sure to take a diesel out on the highway sometime. :science: deems it necessary.
Well, while it's capable of way more, the ZR2 is still rated at 5k, so that doesn't help anything there.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:02 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:00 pm

Well, while it's capable of way more, the ZR2 is still rated at 5k, so that doesn't help anything there.
5k should still be sufficient for a smaller travel trailer :doe:
I've always gone with a max of 80% of listed rating, so know that other info I'd be more inclined to push that up more. Just trying to not be a moran when I'm piloting something like 8k pounds down the road.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:08 pm
I've always gone with a max of 80% of listed rating, so know that other info I'd be more inclined to push that up more. Just trying to not be a moran when I'm piloting something like 8k pounds down the road.
Ohhhhhh smart.

Yea, you'd be fine towing 5k with the ZR2 no problem. Plenty for a small travel trailer.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:10 pm

Ohhhhhh smart.

Yea, you'd be fine towing 5k with the ZR2 no problem. Plenty for a small travel trailer.
:megusta:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Tow Ratings?

As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

4zilch wrote:
Apex wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:08 pm 5k should still be sufficient for a smaller travel trailer :doe:
Tow Ratings?

:doomed:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:17 pm
4zilch wrote:
Tow Ratings?

:doomed:
:nuke:
Apex

4zilch wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:16 pm

Tow Ratings?

Don't need a tow rating if it all fits in the bed.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:43 pm

Tow Ratings?

:roasted:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tow Ratings?

The bed was full.

As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex

4zilch wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:46 pm

The bed was full.

Crew-cab :doe:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Prob has more interior usable space than a mid size crew cab truck anyways.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:03 pm Prob has more interior usable space than a mid size crew cab truck anyways.
Define "usable"

Mid size trucks (Colorado and Ranger) have quite a bit more passenger room in the front and back. More headroom, legroom, and width. I'm far more comfortable in a mid size pickup than a Fiesta...but I'm also a giant.

For cargo? Yea..not much room in the cab. But the bed is massive so :aintcare:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:46 am
max225 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:03 pm Prob has more interior usable space than a mid size crew cab truck anyways.
Define "usable"

Mid size trucks (Colorado and Ranger) have quite a bit more passenger room in the front and back. More headroom, legroom, and width. I'm far more comfortable in a mid size pickup than a Fiesta...but I'm also a giant.

For cargo? Yea..not much room in the cab. But the bed is massive so :aintcare:
:dat:

I've ridden in :melon: 's. Can confirm/
Apex

Looks like used ZR2's are in the mid 30's at the moment, doesn't seem too bad.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Apex wrote:

Diesel is absolutely :disgust:

It seems like the gas Colorado power train is good anyway? I'd much rather have that.

Personally I find the ZR2 to be :nice: