Obligatory GMChevrolet Canyonado Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
User avatar
max225
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 17640
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: Kamry XSE

Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:57 pm

Is that yellow light legal ?

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 20586
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:59 pm

max225 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:57 pm
Is that yellow light legal ?
Aside from being insanely bright, why wouldn't they be?

Only colors that I know would be illegal are red or blue in NJ and some states green.

User avatar
max225
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 17640
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: Kamry XSE

Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:04 pm

Apex wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:59 pm
max225 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:57 pm
Is that yellow light legal ?
Aside from being insanely bright, why wouldn't they be?

Only colors that I know would be illegal are red or blue in NJ and some states green.
:iono: Just curious, mostly about the color. Wouldn't wanna call unnecessary attention to oneself.

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 20586
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:11 pm

max225 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:04 pm
Apex wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:59 pm


Aside from being insanely bright, why wouldn't they be?

Only colors that I know would be illegal are red or blue in NJ and some states green.
:iono: Just curious, mostly about the color. Wouldn't wanna call unnecessary attention to oneself.
All good Max; I've had yellow fogs in the past and never had an issue with them, mind you they were not nearly this bright.

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 20586
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:13 pm

What's cool with the Baja Designs lights is for $30/pr I can get a new set of lenses if I want to go to a white light or change the light pattern.

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 19081
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: 16 Heep / 09 Meata
Location: Dirty JerZ

Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:11 pm

max225 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:57 pm
Is that yellow light legal ?
100% legal as auxiliary fog lighting or driving lights.

Different story for headlights.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2016 JKU Backcountry | 2009 MX-Cheez

User avatar
Desertbreh
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 6397
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:14 pm

Zillon wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:12 pm
Apex wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:10 pm
Shit, local bro has an extended cab and not a crew cab. :sad:

In other news, my truck leans to the left by 7/8th of a inch in the rear. Fronts are spot on even. Will have to mention this when I get my oil changed and see if they will put the rear shim in per the TSB.
Dang. :flaccid:

Mine leans too. I attribute it to the fuel tank weight. See if it changes depending on fuel level.
My buddy bought a new 4 runner and they lean to the driver side 1/2 an inch because of a fuel tank that is all left side, I believe. Can't be having that when you lower your A4 on 21 inch Vossens :bruh: but it's a truk.
max225 wrote: You can't "hoon" a pos like that. You can however set up a methlab.

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 19081
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: 16 Heep / 09 Meata
Location: Dirty JerZ

Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:29 pm

Desertbreh wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:14 pm
Zillon wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:12 pm


Dang. :flaccid:

Mine leans too. I attribute it to the fuel tank weight. See if it changes depending on fuel level.
My buddy bought a new 4 runner and they lean to the driver side 1/2 an inch because of a fuel tank that is all left side, I believe. Can't be having that when you lower your A4 on 21 inch Vossens :bruh: but it's a truk.
:dat:

Kinda how I feel about it.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2016 JKU Backcountry | 2009 MX-Cheez

User avatar
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 2239
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:47 am
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meotwa/05 SilveraDOE

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:49 am

Haven't looked at this thread past the first page... But what's the thoughts on the 2.8 Duramax? I'm not really in the market for a new truck, but that little 4 banger intrigues me. I did a quick search last night and it looks like I can find them for about $27K with 30-50K miles on them.
Found a couple of tuners online too and it looks like there's some nice options. Something like a +30hp/+30 torque towing setup, a mega performance +50hp/+80ft/lbs, but I'd be more interested in a gas mileage tune for 99% of the time.

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 20586
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:11 am

Acid666 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:49 am
Haven't looked at this thread past the first page... But what's the thoughts on the 2.8 Duramax? I'm not really in the market for a new truck, but that little 4 banger intrigues me. I did a quick search last night and it looks like I can find them for about $27K with 30-50K miles on them.
Found a couple of tuners online too and it looks like there's some nice options. Something like a +30hp/+30 torque towing setup, a mega performance +50hp/+80ft/lbs, but I'd be more interested in a gas mileage tune for 99% of the time.
Better MPG at the cost of increased fuel price. Will last forever, but tow rating is within a few hundo of the gasser. Towing MPG will be better with the coalburner.

If Husbrandon or LSB were still posting they could offer more detail.

:dillerman: I bought my :truk: from had 50 gassers on the lot and no diesels.

User avatar
Husbrandon
Spinbait
Spinbait
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:25 pm
Drives: your mom

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:28 am

60,000 miles on the duramax 2.8 Canyon.

Lifetime average MPG is 25.8 mpg, this includes thousands of towing miles(twice to Tennessee, many trips to Sebring). Towing the M3 and our trailer, we were seeing 19mpg highway.

The BIG BIG difference with the gas and diesel while towing is the exhaust brake. This closes the vanes on the turbo to create backpressure and slow you down. Huge difference when towing a load over 2000lbs.

Unloaded on the highway, our 4x4 on 265 tires got 31mpg at 75-78mph for an entire tank(600 mile range).

Now that the powertrain warranty is up, I am going to look into the GDE tune for the motor and trans.

User avatar
Husbrandon
Spinbait
Spinbait
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:25 pm
Drives: your mom

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:33 am

Desertbreh wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:14 pm
Zillon wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:12 pm


Dang. :flaccid:

Mine leans too. I attribute it to the fuel tank weight. See if it changes depending on fuel level.
My buddy bought a new 4 runner and they lean to the driver side 1/2 an inch because of a fuel tank that is all left side, I believe. Can't be having that when you lower your A4 on 21 inch Vossens :bruh: but it's a truk.

GUYS! check TSB 18-NA-108 for the lean fix.

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 19081
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: 16 Heep / 09 Meata
Location: Dirty JerZ

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:38 am

Husbrandon wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:33 am
Desertbreh wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:14 pm


My buddy bought a new 4 runner and they lean to the driver side 1/2 an inch because of a fuel tank that is all left side, I believe. Can't be having that when you lower your A4 on 21 inch Vossens :bruh: but it's a truk.

GUYS! check TSB 18-NA-108 for the lean fix.
Yeah, it’s my plan for when I have the first service done.

Not in any rush to deal with a diller right now.

Is yours finally fixed?
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2016 JKU Backcountry | 2009 MX-Cheez

User avatar
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 2239
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:47 am
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meotwa/05 SilveraDOE

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:39 am

Husbrandon wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:28 am
60,000 miles on the duramax 2.8 Canyon.

Lifetime average MPG is 25.8 mpg, this includes thousands of towing miles(twice to Tennessee, many trips to Sebring). Towing the M3 and our trailer, we were seeing 19mpg highway.

The BIG BIG difference with the gas and diesel while towing is the exhaust brake. This closes the vanes on the turbo to create backpressure and slow you down. Huge difference when towing a load over 2000lbs.

Unloaded on the highway, our 4x4 on 265 tires got 31mpg at 75-78mph for an entire tank(600 mile range).

Now that the powertrain warranty is up, I am going to look into the GDE tune for the motor and trans.
That's interesting as all hell. Because my current Silverado is getting 11-12mpg in the city, and about 17-19 on the highway.
Choosing between the V6 and the 4 banger diesel is a gas mileage choice. I haven't priced diesel lately, but I don't fill up much because I live 10 minutes from work. So it's not going to cost me much more in the long run if it's a couple of bucks extra per tank. (I haven't even looked at prices, so this is just me assuming it's about .20-.30 cents more expensive per gallon)

31mpg on the highway with no load would be awesome. Last couple of trips I had to make to Baton Rouge (1 hour east of me) I took my motorcycle because of the gas mileage. Like I said I'm not in the market for one, but the Colorado is likely exactly what I need. I want a crew cab to haul my bass gear for gigs when it's raining and I don't have a covered bed, I'm good with a short bed because I rarely need to haul much. Maybe I'll consider one next year when the prices drop a little more.

User avatar
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 2239
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:47 am
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meotwa/05 SilveraDOE

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:41 am

Just searched around me. Average gas prices around me for regular is about $2.40-2.50/gallon. Avg diesel is about $2.89

User avatar
Husbrandon
Spinbait
Spinbait
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:25 pm
Drives: your mom

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:43 am

Zillon wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:38 am
Husbrandon wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:33 am



GUYS! check TSB 18-NA-108 for the lean fix.
Yeah, it’s my plan for when I have the first service done.

Not in any rush to deal with a diller right now.

Is yours finally fixed?

nope, haven't been back to the dealer for a while. planning on taking it in soon

User avatar
Husbrandon
Spinbait
Spinbait
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:25 pm
Drives: your mom

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:45 am

Acid666 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:39 am
Husbrandon wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:28 am
60,000 miles on the duramax 2.8 Canyon.

Lifetime average MPG is 25.8 mpg, this includes thousands of towing miles(twice to Tennessee, many trips to Sebring). Towing the M3 and our trailer, we were seeing 19mpg highway.

The BIG BIG difference with the gas and diesel while towing is the exhaust brake. This closes the vanes on the turbo to create backpressure and slow you down. Huge difference when towing a load over 2000lbs.

Unloaded on the highway, our 4x4 on 265 tires got 31mpg at 75-78mph for an entire tank(600 mile range).

Now that the powertrain warranty is up, I am going to look into the GDE tune for the motor and trans.
That's interesting as all hell. Because my current Silverado is getting 11-12mpg in the city, and about 17-19 on the highway.
Choosing between the V6 and the 4 banger diesel is a gas mileage choice. I haven't priced diesel lately, but I don't fill up much because I live 10 minutes from work. So it's not going to cost me much more in the long run if it's a couple of bucks extra per tank. (I haven't even looked at prices, so this is just me assuming it's about .20-.30 cents more expensive per gallon)

31mpg on the highway with no load would be awesome. Last couple of trips I had to make to Baton Rouge (1 hour east of me) I took my motorcycle because of the gas mileage. Like I said I'm not in the market for one, but the Colorado is likely exactly what I need. I want a crew cab to haul my bass gear for gigs when it's raining and I don't have a covered bed, I'm good with a short bed because I rarely need to haul much. Maybe I'll consider one next year when the prices drop a little more.
if you are going to regularly tow anything more than 2000lbs, get the diesel. If not, the gas is perfectly fine.

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 20586
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:05 pm

Husbrandon wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:28 am
60,000 miles on the duramax 2.8 Canyon.

Lifetime average MPG is 25.8 mpg, this includes thousands of towing miles(twice to Tennessee, many trips to Sebring). Towing the M3 and our trailer, we were seeing 19mpg highway.

The BIG BIG difference with the gas and diesel while towing is the exhaust brake. This closes the vanes on the turbo to create backpressure and slow you down. Huge difference when towing a load over 2000lbs.

Unloaded on the highway, our 4x4 on 265 tires got 31mpg at 75-78mph for an entire tank(600 mile range).

Now that the powertrain warranty is up, I am going to look into the GDE tune for the motor and trans.
:like:

Glad to see you posting again! My trip up to CT to pickup the ZR2 sliders, no air damn but added the GM accessory skids I was seeing 23 mpg at 73-75mph until I sat in traffic for 2 hours, that dropped the tank average to 22mpg.

User avatar
max225
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 17640
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: Kamry XSE

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:06 pm

Don’t forget the DEF fluid it actually ends up being a non insignificant expense, about 8 gallon tank at my buddy’s ram 1500 with no significant towing it goes through that every 8k or so.... it is around $5 a gallon or so... $40 every 8k miles or so ...

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 20586
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:22 pm

Much :wasteful: such moran.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
razr390
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 14568
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 am

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:29 pm

Apex wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:22 pm
Much :wasteful: such moran.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:really:

:moran:

Should’ve bought an SUV
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
WAP wrote:Hey, if he's old enough to wear a ball gag he's old enough to fuck himself.

User avatar
Detroit
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 24633
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:36 pm

razr390 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:29 pm
Apex wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:22 pm
Much :wasteful: such moran.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:really:

:moran:

Should’ve bought an SUV
That's a waste. Obviously would have fit fine in a Mazda 2.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 20586
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:17 pm

Conversation with wifey tonight:

Pecs: I found a winch bumper for the truck.
Wifey: You need a windshield first.
Pecs: Here's a pic.
Wifey: Does it require any cutting?
Pecs: Nope, bolt on install that is completely reversible.
Wifey: :notbad:

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 19081
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: 16 Heep / 09 Meata
Location: Dirty JerZ

Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:22 am

Apex wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:17 pm
Conversation with wifey tonight:

Pecs: I found a winch bumper for the truck.
Wifey: You need a windshield first.
Pecs: Here's a pic.
Wifey: Does it require any cutting?
Pecs: Nope, bolt on install that is completely reversible.
Wifey: :notbad:
Lemme guess, the Midwest Overland mount?
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2016 JKU Backcountry | 2009 MX-Cheez

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 20586
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:42 am

Zillon wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:22 am
Apex wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:17 pm
Conversation with wifey tonight:

Pecs: I found a winch bumper for the truck.
Wifey: You need a windshield first.
Pecs: Here's a pic.
Wifey: Does it require any cutting?
Pecs: Nope, bolt on install that is completely reversible.
Wifey: :notbad:
Lemme guess, the Midwest Overland mount?
:dat:

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests