The older I get, the more biased I am becometh

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
User avatar
KYGTIGuy
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Drives: Mazda6

Thu May 10, 2018 10:55 am

I can feel myself getting more and more "biased" as I read the news about what kinda of thing of becoming acceptable on college campuses and some of the "cultural appropriation" stuff.

I'm going to be a racist old man.


I know it's wrong and I've never felt this way before but when I see people being racist towards me, I want to push back in kind .

User avatar
razr390
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 11926
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 am

Thu May 10, 2018 11:10 am

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:55 am
I can feel myself getting more and more "biased" as I read the news about what kinda of thing of becoming acceptable on college campuses and some of the "cultural appropriation" stuff.

I'm going to be a racist old man.


I know it's wrong and I've never felt this way before but when I see people being racist towards me, I want to push back in kind .
Rant:

It’s “wrong” to have your personal beliefs? I think safe spaces are a pile of shit. College campuses are places where intellectual discourse and disagreement can take place, areas where enlightenment should occur, and that won’t happen by having everyone in agreement.

Freedom of speech only when someone agrees with what you say is called Fascism. Shutting out opinions because you disagree is counterintuitive to progress as a society. Mind you, this isn’t for extremist views, but intellectual discourse.

You will have people say something that disagrees (respectfully) with the argument and they get called bigots and racists. Load of shit. I’m very very moderate/libertarian because the extremes are :disgust:

1. Let people do whatever the fuck they want.
1a. As long as they let me do whatever the fuck I want and our freedoms to do whatever we want don’t affect one another’s.

Aka don’t push your views down my throat and I won’t push mine down yours. I favor intellectual debate because:
1. I learn something from it
2. It either changes my perspective OR, strengthens my current beliefs.

All in all it’s a win-win for everyone involved.

I can’t stand the “participation trophy” society we live in today. Kids are being turned into wimps because “we all win!” and then the real world slaps you in the fucking face when mom & dad isn’t there and you can’t manage.

I had the opportunity to speak to some soon-to-be graduates who go to FIU (I am an alum). One of them won a trip to DC to visit monuments, agencies, and hear my dumbass speak. She was born in Africa and her mom was kidnapped by militant forces. They walked through countries to end in Sudan and be reunited with their mom after years. That person goes to FIU and is next to me in class. Fuck me and my problems dude.

We live in an artificial society here. We have “problems” that aren’t really problems. “Should I get clear bra for my car or not?” That’s not a REAL problem, in the aspect of life. We have people here who haven’t lived under Socialism/Communism who are passionate to implement it because of the ideology behind it. It’s terrible.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
WAP wrote:Hey, if he's old enough to wear a ball gag he's old enough to fuck himself.

User avatar
golftdibrad
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 10657
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Thu May 10, 2018 12:01 pm

razr390 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:10 am
KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:55 am
I can feel myself getting more and more "biased" as I read the news about what kinda of thing of becoming acceptable on college campuses and some of the "cultural appropriation" stuff.

I'm going to be a racist old man.


I know it's wrong and I've never felt this way before but when I see people being racist towards me, I want to push back in kind .
Rant:

It’s “wrong” to have your personal beliefs? I think safe spaces are a pile of shit. College campuses are places where intellectual discourse and disagreement can take place, areas where enlightenment should occur, and that won’t happen by having everyone in agreement.

Freedom of speech only when someone agrees with what you say is called Fascism. Shutting out opinions because you disagree is counterintuitive to progress as a society. Mind you, this isn’t for extremist views, but intellectual discourse.

You will have people say something that disagrees (respectfully) with the argument and they get called bigots and racists. Load of shit. I’m very very moderate/libertarian because the extremes are :disgust:

1. Let people do whatever the fuck they want.
1a. As long as they let me do whatever the fuck I want and our freedoms to do whatever we want don’t affect one another’s.

Aka don’t push your views down my throat and I won’t push mine down yours. I favor intellectual debate because:
1. I learn something from it
2. It either changes my perspective OR, strengthens my current beliefs.

All in all it’s a win-win for everyone involved.

I can’t stand the “participation trophy” society we live in today. Kids are being turned into wimps because “we all win!” and then the real world slaps you in the fucking face when mom & dad isn’t there and you can’t manage.

I had the opportunity to speak to some soon-to-be graduates who go to FIU (I am an alum). One of them won a trip to DC to visit monuments, agencies, and hear my dumbass speak. She was born in Africa and her mom was kidnapped by militant forces. They walked through countries to end in Sudan and be reunited with their mom after years. That person goes to FIU and is next to me in class. Fuck me and my problems dude.

We live in an artificial society here. We have “problems” that aren’t really problems. “Should I get clear bra for my car or not?” That’s not a REAL problem, in the aspect of life. We have people here who haven’t lived under Socialism/Communism who are passionate to implement it because of the ideology behind it. It’s terrible.
TL;DR
Weekly :fax:
Alan McNish, paraphrased wrote: I personally do not believe in luck. I think luck is an excuse for people who have failed in their mission to do something. If you work, think, make good judgments on risks that you take, you will be successful.
And that's not luck, that's hard work.

User avatar
razr390
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 11926
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 am

Thu May 10, 2018 12:16 pm

golftdibrad wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:01 pm
razr390 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:10 am


Rant:

It’s “wrong” to have your personal beliefs? I think safe spaces are a pile of shit. College campuses are places where intellectual discourse and disagreement can take place, areas where enlightenment should occur, and that won’t happen by having everyone in agreement.

Freedom of speech only when someone agrees with what you say is called Fascism. Shutting out opinions because you disagree is counterintuitive to progress as a society. Mind you, this isn’t for extremist views, but intellectual discourse.

You will have people say something that disagrees (respectfully) with the argument and they get called bigots and racists. Load of shit. I’m very very moderate/libertarian because the extremes are :disgust:

1. Let people do whatever the fuck they want.
1a. As long as they let me do whatever the fuck I want and our freedoms to do whatever we want don’t affect one another’s.

Aka don’t push your views down my throat and I won’t push mine down yours. I favor intellectual debate because:
1. I learn something from it
2. It either changes my perspective OR, strengthens my current beliefs.

All in all it’s a win-win for everyone involved.

I can’t stand the “participation trophy” society we live in today. Kids are being turned into wimps because “we all win!” and then the real world slaps you in the fucking face when mom & dad isn’t there and you can’t manage.

I had the opportunity to speak to some soon-to-be graduates who go to FIU (I am an alum). One of them won a trip to DC to visit monuments, agencies, and hear my dumbass speak. She was born in Africa and her mom was kidnapped by militant forces. They walked through countries to end in Sudan and be reunited with their mom after years. That person goes to FIU and is next to me in class. Fuck me and my problems dude.

We live in an artificial society here. We have “problems” that aren’t really problems. “Should I get clear bra for my car or not?” That’s not a REAL problem, in the aspect of life. We have people here who haven’t lived under Socialism/Communism who are passionate to implement it because of the ideology behind it. It’s terrible.
TL;DR
TL:DR

I can write a long post and you don’t have to read it and that’s the beauty of a free society c
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
WAP wrote:Hey, if he's old enough to wear a ball gag he's old enough to fuck himself.

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 8368
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Thu May 10, 2018 12:22 pm

World is fucked.

People are dumb.

Popcorn?
Image
Desertbreh wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:25 pm
I've been featured on the cover of Poverty Illustrated 4 times.

User avatar
KYGTIGuy
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Drives: Mazda6

Thu May 10, 2018 12:33 pm

I need to get off Twitter honestly or stop following the people who retweet people who are dumbass.

I don't care of someone called campus security on you for sleeping in a common area where you weren't supposed to be sleeping and you think it's because you are black. It doesn't make it ok to say shit about all white people.

I'm a triggered snowflake gheys

User avatar
razr390
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 11926
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 am

Thu May 10, 2018 12:35 pm

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:33 pm
I need to get off Twitter honestly or stop following the people who retweet people who are dumbass.

I don't care of someone called campus security on you for sleeping in a common area where you weren't supposed to be sleeping and you think it's because you are black. It doesn't make it ok to say shit about all white people.

I'm a triggered snowflake gheys
Racist
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
WAP wrote:Hey, if he's old enough to wear a ball gag he's old enough to fuck himself.

User avatar
KYGTIGuy
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Drives: Mazda6

Thu May 10, 2018 12:51 pm

razr390 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:35 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:33 pm
I need to get off Twitter honestly or stop following the people who retweet people who are dumbass.

I don't care of someone called campus security on you for sleeping in a common area where you weren't supposed to be sleeping and you think it's because you are black. It doesn't make it ok to say shit about all white people.

I'm a triggered snowflake gheys
Racist
As white people, when some one does something wrong to us for no reason, we just think that person is an asshole. If you are a black and the same scenario happens, you can't tell if the person is just an asshole or racist, they looked and feel like the same thing.

I can see the dilemma but again, don't attack the asshole for being white, that just makes YOU the racist without any ambiguity.

User avatar
golftdibrad
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 10657
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Thu May 10, 2018 12:52 pm

razr390 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:16 pm
golftdibrad wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:01 pm


TL;DR
TL:DR

I can write a long post and you don’t have to read it and that’s the beauty of a free society c
:notbad:
Weekly :fax:
Alan McNish, paraphrased wrote: I personally do not believe in luck. I think luck is an excuse for people who have failed in their mission to do something. If you work, think, make good judgments on risks that you take, you will be successful.
And that's not luck, that's hard work.

User avatar
Desertbreh
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Thu May 10, 2018 1:25 pm

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:33 pm
I need to get off Twitter honestly or stop following the people who retweet people who are dumbass.

I don't care of someone called campus security on you for sleeping in a common area where you weren't supposed to be sleeping and you think it's because you are black. It doesn't make it ok to say shit about all white people.

I'm a triggered snowflake gheys
Obvi. Social Media is pretty much fucking garbage. :wap: :wap: :wap: :wap: :wap: :wap:

User avatar
Desertbreh
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Thu May 10, 2018 1:26 pm

Unlike DFD, which is deep thinking 24/7.

User avatar
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 2556
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:14 am
Drives: 2015 VW GTI SE, DSG w/LP
Location: Northern Virginia / DC

Thu May 10, 2018 1:36 pm

Melon wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:22 pm
World is fucked.

People are dumb.

Popcorn?
Image
Im just gonna accept that fact and just try to enjoy my life as much as i can, given the circumstances.

As much as the way world is going isn’t exactly my way, I just think positive about the good things, cause thinking negative has no benefits but a waste of time

User avatar
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 2556
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:14 am
Drives: 2015 VW GTI SE, DSG w/LP
Location: Northern Virginia / DC

Thu May 10, 2018 1:43 pm

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:33 pm
I need to get off Twitter honestly or stop following the people who retweet people who are dumbass.

I don't care of someone called campus security on you for sleeping in a common area where you weren't supposed to be sleeping and you think it's because you are black. It doesn't make it ok to say shit about all white people.

I'm a triggered snowflake gheys
As a millenial and a 90s baby, I don’t even take social media seriously, yes i see snaps and instagram stories of my friends having a good life and whatnot, but for some knowing who they really are, I know that they have some negative issues going on in their lives. I personally don’t post much of the negatives going on in my life, but that’s just my mindset. I also stay out of politics on social media as well, because i really don’t see the point of ranting when something I don’t like is happening so why bother when the changes are 90% it won’t happen anyway. Just a waste of time imo.

User avatar
KYGTIGuy
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Drives: Mazda6

Thu May 10, 2018 3:03 pm

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:43 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:33 pm
I need to get off Twitter honestly or stop following the people who retweet people who are dumbass.

I don't care of someone called campus security on you for sleeping in a common area where you weren't supposed to be sleeping and you think it's because you are black. It doesn't make it ok to say shit about all white people.

I'm a triggered snowflake gheys
As a millenial and a 90s baby, I don’t even take social media seriously, yes i see snaps and instagram stories of my friends having a good life and whatnot, but for some knowing who they really are, I know that they have some negative issues going on in their lives. I personally don’t post much of the negatives going on in my life, but that’s just my mindset. I also stay out of politics on social media as well, because i really don’t see the point of ranting when something I don’t like is happening so why bother when the changes are 90% it won’t happen anyway. Just a waste of time imo.
I don't post content or interact with anyone on Twitter, I use it as a news feed. However over the course of 9 years, I follow some journalist and others who will retweet people whom I would never follow. Now 20 or 30% of what I see is from people I don't follow.

Still very useful for unfiltered news

User avatar
dubshow
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 4682
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:18 am
Drives: All of them

Thu May 10, 2018 3:36 pm

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:03 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:43 pm


As a millenial and a 90s baby, I don’t even take social media seriously, yes i see snaps and instagram stories of my friends having a good life and whatnot, but for some knowing who they really are, I know that they have some negative issues going on in their lives. I personally don’t post much of the negatives going on in my life, but that’s just my mindset. I also stay out of politics on social media as well, because i really don’t see the point of ranting when something I don’t like is happening so why bother when the changes are 90% it won’t happen anyway. Just a waste of time imo.
I don't post content or interact with anyone on Twitter, I use it as a news feed. However over the course of 9 years, I follow some journalist and others who will retweet people whom I would never follow. Now 20 or 30% of what I see is from people I don't follow.

Still very useful for unfiltered news
Unfiltered? You clearly mean bullshit and fake news.
Hello from the other side.

I must have knocked a thousand times.

User avatar
dubshow
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 4682
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:18 am
Drives: All of them

Thu May 10, 2018 3:37 pm

I'd say Twitter is okay at sharing current events. When you add the opinions and commentary on current events, awhellnah
Hello from the other side.

I must have knocked a thousand times.

User avatar
KYGTIGuy
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Drives: Mazda6

Thu May 10, 2018 3:49 pm

dubshow wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:36 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:03 pm


I don't post content or interact with anyone on Twitter, I use it as a news feed. However over the course of 9 years, I follow some journalist and others who will retweet people whom I would never follow. Now 20 or 30% of what I see is from people I don't follow.

Still very useful for unfiltered news
Unfiltered? You clearly mean bullshit and fake news.
:notsure:

You're doing it wrong if you're getting BS and fake news.

User avatar
4zilch
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3585
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:42 am
Drives: The Spanish party
Location: Columbus, IN

Fri May 11, 2018 8:18 am

Rather than getting triggered I tend to maintain some awareness of the various goings on in the news. 99% of the all the bs reported has 0% effect on my day-to-day life. Ranting on social doesn’t really do anything to change people’s minds...you end up with one or two people that disagree and a bunch of people patting you on the back.

Until people open their minds a bit and attempt to understand the other side of the discussion compromise will never be reached. There’s far to much us vs. them today.

If you’re truly engrained in your beliefs, then get involved locally instead of reposting memes on Twitter.
Apex wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:09 pm
You can, and you're wrong.

This is DFD, that's how it works.

User avatar
KYGTIGuy
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1870
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Drives: Mazda6

Fri May 11, 2018 9:45 am

4zilch wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:18 am
Rather than getting triggered I tend to maintain some awareness of the various goings on in the news. 99% of the all the bs reported has 0% effect on my day-to-day life. Ranting on social doesn’t really do anything to change people’s minds...you end up with one or two people that disagree and a bunch of people patting you on the back.

Until people open their minds a bit and attempt to understand the other side of the discussion compromise will never be reached. There’s far to much us vs. them today.

If you’re truly engrained in your beliefs, then get involved locally instead of reposting memes on Twitter.
I get the feeling comedians are the Canary's in the cost mine on this. Lots will no longer do college campuses due to the environment there.

It may not have seen effect on you yet

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 15243
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: Bro-Forks / Velveeta
Location: Dirty JerZ

Fri May 11, 2018 10:09 am

dubshow wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:36 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:03 pm


I don't post content or interact with anyone on Twitter, I use it as a news feed. However over the course of 9 years, I follow some journalist and others who will retweet people whom I would never follow. Now 20 or 30% of what I see is from people I don't follow.

Still very useful for unfiltered news
Unfiltered? You clearly mean Russian spin.
:dat:

Image

I think we need a :thanksputin: on here now.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazduh Dillerman Extraordinaire
Garage: 2016 Bro 4X | 2009 MX-Velveeta
Detroit wrote:I love gravy.

User avatar
dubshow
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 4682
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:18 am
Drives: All of them

Fri May 11, 2018 10:28 am

Zillon wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:09 am
dubshow wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:36 pm


Unfiltered? You clearly mean Russian spin.
:dat:

Image

I think we need a :thanksputin: on here now.
:notbad:
Hello from the other side.

I must have knocked a thousand times.

User avatar
wap
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 23384
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Mk6Veyron
Location: Pepperland

Fri May 11, 2018 10:50 am

Zillon wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:09 am
dubshow wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:36 pm


Unfiltered? You clearly mean Russian spin.
:dat:

Image

I think we need a :thanksputin: on here now.
:dat:
:doit:
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
4zilch
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3585
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:42 am
Drives: The Spanish party
Location: Columbus, IN

Fri May 11, 2018 10:59 am

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 9:45 am
4zilch wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:18 am
Rather than getting triggered I tend to maintain some awareness of the various goings on in the news. 99% of the all the bs reported has 0% effect on my day-to-day life. Ranting on social doesn’t really do anything to change people’s minds...you end up with one or two people that disagree and a bunch of people patting you on the back.

Until people open their minds a bit and attempt to understand the other side of the discussion compromise will never be reached. There’s far to much us vs. them today.

If you’re truly engrained in your beliefs, then get involved locally instead of reposting memes on Twitter.
I get the feeling comedians are the Canary's in the cost mine on this. Lots will no longer do college campuses due to the environment there.

It may not have seen effect on you yet
The US progresses, and we're in a period of turmoil. I'm not going to tell someone their right or wrong for exercising what they believe in (assuming it's not hate speech).

Political correctness :triggered: has gotten a bit out of hand, but :triggered: because someone is PC is the same as someone getting :triggered: because somebody else isnt.

Take a breath and move on with your day. Focus on the things that you can control.
Apex wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:09 pm
You can, and you're wrong.

This is DFD, that's how it works.

User avatar
Detroit
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 21266
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 am
Drives: Camdalf the Brub

Fri May 18, 2018 3:24 pm

Social media is a waste.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
razr390
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 11926
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 am

Fri May 18, 2018 5:02 pm

Detroit wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 3:24 pm
Social media is a waste.
:triggered:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
WAP wrote:Hey, if he's old enough to wear a ball gag he's old enough to fuck himself.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 0 guests