The Family Bender Pre Baby Vacation

Share the juicy deets of your worldly travels, and discuss your pipedreams for future trips.
User avatar
Bender
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 15543
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:40 pm
Drives: Mario Kart

Sun May 06, 2018 5:03 pm

So the Mrs and I are actually going to take a pre-baby vacation this summer. Ideally we will go somewhere with a Marriott so we can go for free.

No interest in a beach trip.
Nothing in the South East US because the Mrs will be too hot.
Domestic ideally but not required.

Current ideas:
California - either stay in Monterey or Carmel for the whole trip and use it as a base of operations or fly into LAX and out of SFO and slowly make our way up the coast.
Lake Tahoe
This is the worst kind of discrimination there is: the kind against me!

User avatar
Desertbreh
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 5572
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Sun May 06, 2018 5:24 pm

Bender wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 5:03 pm
So the Mrs and I are actually going to take a pre-baby vacation this summer. Ideally we will go somewhere with a Marriott so we can go for free.

No interest in a beach trip.
Nothing in the South East US because the Mrs will be too hot.
Domestic ideally but not required.

Current ideas:
California - either stay in Monterey or Carmel for the whole trip and use it as a base of operations or fly into LAX and out of SFO and slowly make our way up the coast.
Lake Tahoe
What is a "pre baby" vacation?
max225 wrote: You can't "hoon" a pos like that. You can however set up a methlab.

User avatar
Bender
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 15543
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:40 pm
Drives: Mario Kart

Sun May 06, 2018 5:31 pm

Desertbreh wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 5:24 pm
Bender wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 5:03 pm
So the Mrs and I are actually going to take a pre-baby vacation this summer. Ideally we will go somewhere with a Marriott so we can go for free.

No interest in a beach trip.
Nothing in the South East US because the Mrs will be too hot.
Domestic ideally but not required.

Current ideas:
California - either stay in Monterey or Carmel for the whole trip and use it as a base of operations or fly into LAX and out of SFO and slowly make our way up the coast.
Lake Tahoe
What is a "pre baby" vacation?
She's knocked up so we want to take a vacation just the two of us this summer since we probably won't in the year following the baby.
This is the worst kind of discrimination there is: the kind against me!

User avatar
Desertbreh
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 5572
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Sun May 06, 2018 5:34 pm

You could make a pretty amazing vacation out of flying into SF, staying at the Mark Hopkins or some such waxer hotel for a couple of nights whilst kicking around in SF/hitting some nice restaurants. Then get in a car and drive to Carmel. (2 nights?) From there, head to Paso Robles for 2 nights of srs bzns, wine tasting, take wine uber, I'll hook you up with can't miss wineries. From there, back down to the Ocean at Cambria, stay a night there, go to visit Hearst Castle. Hang a left, drive south to Santa Barbara, SB has been discussed extensively as a waxer place, FLY OUT OF SANTA BARBARA. Donezo.

This trip offers a ton for everyone, the Mrs. will swoon.
max225 wrote: You can't "hoon" a pos like that. You can however set up a methlab.

User avatar
Desertbreh
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 5572
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Sun May 06, 2018 5:35 pm

:) I guess the Mrs. could be your DD in Paso.
max225 wrote: You can't "hoon" a pos like that. You can however set up a methlab.

User avatar
Desertbreh
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 5572
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Sun May 06, 2018 5:44 pm

Tahoe is beautiful, but there's a whole lotta rustic going on. That's more of a bring the kids kinda deal, IMHO.
max225 wrote: You can't "hoon" a pos like that. You can however set up a methlab.

User avatar
Apex
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 18819
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:36 pm
Drives: TrukYeah!
Location: NJ

Sun May 06, 2018 6:05 pm

I’d go Lake Tahoe, but that’s only because it appeals to me more.

User avatar
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26240
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Mk6Veyron
Location: Pepperland

Sun May 06, 2018 11:36 pm

Go to Newport, RI and see the mansions. :iono:
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26240
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Mk6Veyron
Location: Pepperland

Sun May 06, 2018 11:38 pm

Fly to Seattle, rent a car, go out to Puget Sound to see the whales, then drive the Cascade Loop.
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
Bender
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 15543
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:40 pm
Drives: Mario Kart

Mon May 07, 2018 9:28 am

These ideas are all excellent. Thanks guys!
This is the worst kind of discrimination there is: the kind against me!

User avatar
dubshow
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 5584
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:18 am
Drives: All of them

Mon May 07, 2018 9:52 am

wap wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:38 pm
Fly to Seattle, rent a car, go out to Puget Sound to see the whales, then drive the Cascade Loop.
:dat:

great summer trip
This post is illegal in the European Union.

User avatar
golftdibrad
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 11092
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:01 am
Drives: Turbo Yaris, Clear Miata/MR2

Mon May 07, 2018 9:55 am

wap wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:38 pm
Fly to Seattle, rent a car, go out to Puget Sound to see the whales, then drive the Cascade Loop.
summer in Seattle, great idae

Image
golftdibrad wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:40 pm

I'm even :wrong: about joking about being :wrong:

DFD: welcometothepartypal.gif

User avatar
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:20 am
Drives: 2016 Chevy Colorado 4x4

Mon May 07, 2018 10:13 am

Lake Tahoe for sure gets my vote. My wife and I spent 3 days there as part of our Honeymoon and loved it. Depending on when you go, it's not too warm up there, the drive around the lake is beautiful and there's tons to do too. Also, going to the beaches there are pretty cool as well as the water is crystal clear and very cold, so it makes it easy to relax.

User avatar
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26240
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Mk6Veyron
Location: Pepperland

Mon May 07, 2018 11:52 am

golftdibrad wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:55 am
wap wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:38 pm
Fly to Seattle, rent a car, go out to Puget Sound to see the whales, then drive the Cascade Loop.
summer in Seattle, great idae

Image
:lolol:

We went in late summer and it only rained a couple of times. T'was cloudy a lot doe.
But the Cascade Loop is east where it's much drier, where their wine country is.
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 26240
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am
Drives: Mk6Veyron
Location: Pepperland

Mon May 07, 2018 11:54 am

Go to London and see a bunch of plays in the West End.
:wap: Where are these mangos?

User avatar
SAWCE
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 10535
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:26 am
Drives: Willys Wheeler

Mon May 07, 2018 1:12 pm

I vote Tahoe, but only cause I'm considering a weekend there this summer to celebrate a mine and a few friends' 30th birthdays and then we can :dock:
:sawce:

User avatar
Bender
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 15543
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:40 pm
Drives: Mario Kart

Mon May 07, 2018 4:21 pm

wap wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:54 am
Go to London and see a bunch of plays in the West End.
We kicked around Ireland but she isn't interested in a 7 hour flight while six months pregnant.
This is the worst kind of discrimination there is: the kind against me!

User avatar
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3300
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:14 am
Drives: 2015 VW GTI SE, DSG w/LP
Location: Northern Virginia / DC

Mon May 07, 2018 4:28 pm

san francisco for sure and surrounding areas, especially if you guys are into wines, there's so many good places just outside of the city, and not to mention napa valley. Weather won't be humid by any means, but likely more chilly. LA is also isn't humid at this time of the year as well.

User avatar
Bender
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 15543
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:40 pm
Drives: Mario Kart

Mon May 07, 2018 7:56 pm

Just as a reminder, she's going to be 6-7 months pregnant. So winery trips aren't in the cards.

We do Sonoma/Napa every two or three years so there isn't much left there for her since she can't wine.
This is the worst kind of discrimination there is: the kind against me!

User avatar
dtraill27
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Posts: 982
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:45 pm
Drives: 17 Mazda 6
Location: Allentown

Mon May 07, 2018 9:32 pm

Rhode Island is great I go every summer. My other vote is Vermont, family friends have a place in Dorset. Basically I vote New England, I love it.

User avatar
Desertbreh
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 5572
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Mon May 07, 2018 9:46 pm

Bender wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 4:21 pm
wap wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:54 am
Go to London and see a bunch of plays in the West End.
We kicked around Ireland but she isn't interested in a 7 hour flight while six months pregnant.


At defcon 6 (did not realize this) I would just go to a single relaxing placeand blow your money on lodging, someplace with a spa.

http://www.laubergecarmel.com/
max225 wrote: You can't "hoon" a pos like that. You can however set up a methlab.

User avatar
Bender
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 15543
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:40 pm
Drives: Mario Kart

Mon May 07, 2018 9:49 pm

I just realized that wasn't clear.
This is the worst kind of discrimination there is: the kind against me!

User avatar
Bender
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 15543
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:40 pm
Drives: Mario Kart

Mon May 07, 2018 9:55 pm

Desertbreh wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:46 pm
Bender wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 4:21 pm


We kicked around Ireland but she isn't interested in a 7 hour flight while six months pregnant.


At defcon 6 (did not realize this) I would just go to a single relaxing placeand blow your money on lodging, someplace with a spa.

http://www.laubergecarmel.com/
That place looks amazing. Great recommendation.
This is the worst kind of discrimination there is: the kind against me!

User avatar
Desertbreh
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 5572
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Mon May 07, 2018 9:56 pm

Bender wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:55 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:46 pm
[/size][/b]

At defcon 6 (did not realize this) I would just go to a single relaxing placeand blow your money on lodging, someplace with a spa.

http://www.laubergecarmel.com/
That place looks amazing. Great recommendation.
Same name, different location.

https://www.fivestaralliance.com/luxury ... nt-antoine

I've always wanted to to to Quebec.
max225 wrote: You can't "hoon" a pos like that. You can however set up a methlab.

User avatar
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 1099
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:55 pm
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Mon May 07, 2018 9:57 pm

Charleston.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:58 pm
At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest