Car talk tré: Carpocalypse Now!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

rockchops wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:28 pm does a sheet of drywall fit in a gt3? asking for a friend
It will. Buy enough spackle and you’ll even be able to put it back together on the wall!
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

CaleDeRoo wrote:
rockchops wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:28 pm does a sheet of drywall fit in a gt3? asking for a friend
If you cut it into 2"x2" sections
That sounds awful, the guys in home depot wont even do that for you
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

rockchops wrote:
CaleDeRoo wrote: If you cut it into 2"x2" sections
That sounds awful, the guys in home depot wont even do that for you
edit: not without screwing it up because you got out of a gt3
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Use the wing to help support it on the roof.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Apex wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:34 pm
Oh sorry you bought a GT3 Touring for dat :manuel: better luck next time
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

What is the difference between the base 911 and the GTS? I don't sense any animosity towards the p car purchase, just a lack of exposure and n00b questions.... but I'm always the last to register that kind of BS

I can't see myself purchasing a new 911 but would love to own one. The p-tax hits me extra hard since my parents were immigrants and I learned a thing or three about frugality. Even a vw oil change being double a toyoda oil change triggers my cheapness turrets.

I absolutely love how the classic shape doesn't change much, evolution>>>>>>>>revolution when it comes to car manufacturing and I stand behind products that don't let me down. The 911 is the quintessential definition of evolution in my mind. And its cool to hear from Fled how robust these machines are!

I have a DSG in my microbus so I'm leaning towards PDK being the best tranny choice. Sports car plus manuel seem right to me, but Porsche plus PDK seem hard to pass by.

Congrats :waxer: and thanks for sharing your experiences, not everyone gets to buy a new 911 but we all want to know what it's like to :doit: .

Keep us in the loop!
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Tarspin wrote:What is the difference between the base 911 and the GTS? I don't sense any animosity towards the p car purchase, just a lack of exposure and n00b questions.... but I'm always the last to register that kind of BS

I can't see myself purchasing a new 911 but would love to own one. The p-tax hits me extra hard since my parents were immigrants and I learned a thing or three about frugality. Even a vw oil change being double a toyoda oil change triggers my cheapness turrets.

I absolutely love how the classic shape doesn't change much, evolution>>>>>>>>revolution when it comes to car manufacturing and I stand behind products that don't let me down. The 911 is the quintessential definition of evolution in my mind. And its cool to hear from Fled how robust these machines are!

I have a DSG in my microbus so I'm leaning towards PDK being the best tranny choice. Sports car plus manuel seem right to me, but Porsche plus PDK seem hard to pass by.

Congrats and thanks for sharing your experiences, not everyone gets to buy a new 911 but we all want to know what it's like to :doit:

Keep us in the loop!
Neither are a van, so obviously they suck
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:26 pm Lots of jealousy in this thread. It's unbecoming.
Don’t even get me started on your car.
Apex

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:57 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:26 pm Lots of jealousy in this thread. It's unbecoming.
Don’t even get me started on your car.
:lol:
Apex

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:34 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:34 pm

Oh sorry you bought a GT3 Touring for dat :manuel: better luck next time
:rage:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:51 pm What is the difference between the base 911 and the GTS? I don't sense any animosity towards the p car purchase, just a lack of exposure and n00b questions.... but I'm always the last to register that kind of BS

Congrats :waxer: and thanks for sharing your experiences, not everyone gets to buy a new 911 but we all want to know what it's like to :doit: .

Keep us in the loop!
Wide body, Powerkit, PASM suspension, sport chrono, dynamic engine mounts, sport exhaust, unique body and trim work inside and out... it’s a street car between the S and the GT3.

https://jalopnik.com/why-the-porsche-91 ... 1668192364

A nice summary.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Ordered my first parts for the GTS.

OEM clear front LED side markers.
Indoor car cover
Frunk hood liner/protector.

So it begins.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:14 pm
More vague insults please.
The Jk is at least 1/2 as good as the JL!
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:13 pm Ordered my first parts for the GTS.

OEM clear front LED side markers.
Indoor car cover
Frunk hood liner/protector.

So it begins.
Track day next. Even if it’s just an SCCA Track Night for $150.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:06 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:51 pm What is the difference between the base 911 and the GTS? I don't sense any animosity towards the p car purchase, just a lack of exposure and n00b questions.... but I'm always the last to register that kind of BS

Keep us in the loop!
Wide body, Powerkit, PASM suspension, sport chrono, dynamic engine mounts, sport exhaust, unique body and trim work inside and out... it’s a street car between the S and the GT3.

https://jalopnik.com/why-the-porsche-91 ... 1668192364

A nice summary.
Yep, but that is a 991.1 in that article.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:45 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:35 pm

You’re looking at the new GT3 coming in late 2020 and an RS in 2021 at the earliest right now. These are the last new GT cars coming for a while, so values will hold very well.

I’ve easily got a dozen more GT cars coming. I have 5 GT2’s in inventory.

Your GTS is in a similar boat which is why I thought a GT Silver PDK car is a massively resale friendly car for you to jump into. GTS models are typically the last series models to arrive. A 992 GTS is a long way away.
As I've said before, I really value your input and thank you for all the advice. Having someone on the inside to ease my concerns meant/means a lot.

You rock, dude!
Also, no problem. Drop me a line if you ever need anything. Also, bookmark suncoast Porsche for parts.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:16 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:14 pm

More vague insults please.
:dat: overall, just normal drivability is much better (atleast what I heard from reviewers, I once rented a JKU doe), and that alone wants me to get a JL. But for it's purpose, nahhh
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:22 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:45 pm

As I've said before, I really value your input and thank you for all the advice. Having someone on the inside to ease my concerns meant/means a lot.

You rock, dude!
Also, no problem. Drop me a line if you ever need anything. Also, bookmark suncoast Porsche for parts.
Thanks. I just ordered from Suncoast. :)

Sonnen is also supposed to be good and they are very close to me, but their site isn't as nice as Suncoast.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:25 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:22 pm
Thanks. I just ordered from Suncoast. :)

Sonnen is also supposed to be good and they are very close to me, but their site isn't as nice as Suncoast.
Suncoast generally sell at 10-15% over cost from what I’ve seen, so it’s a good deal...
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:30 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:16 pm

:howdareyou:
:gaydance:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:02 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:29 pm Lots of vague near-insults here. It's robotic.
Neither vague nor near, they are direct.
:yeahok:

Who's jealous of what and of what is it unbecoming?
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:51 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:02 pm

Neither vague nor near, they are direct.

Dude he is attempting to troll per usual, just ignore the bait.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:35 pm
troyguitar wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:51 pm

Dude he is attempting to troll per usual, just ignore the bait.
:dat:

Pretty sure everyone is 5/7 stoked about having a brand new 911 GTS on the forum!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.