Car talk tré: Carpocalypse Now!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:10 am
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:58 pm Image

Stole my handicapped spot which we both don’t qualify for
Slammmmed
Tinnntzz
Custom plate that makes no sense

I think I found my twin :wub: @dave that you ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotta get dat ice cream doe

Car looks good. I like the model S.
That’s a model 3, the one missing bumpers made in a tent.
max225

Davestr wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:49 am Interesting look at the used market. Some interesting comments about Canada and buying used across the border for US folks.

https://wolfstreet.com/2018/09/10/price ... le-market/
I don’t understand, buying vehicles from places like car max is :fullretard: I think it just shows how terrible the US economy is, this is the pent up demand from the poors, snapping up newer used vehicles than their own.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
Davestr wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:49 am Interesting look at the used market. Some interesting comments about Canada and buying used across the border for US folks.

https://wolfstreet.com/2018/09/10/price ... le-market/
on the used vehicle side, midsize and compact cars are the hottest of them all with year-over-year price increases north of 8%
Interesting. "Cars are dead".
People are buying used cars because they can't afford new trucks. The recovery is a lie.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:31 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:10 am

Gotta get dat ice cream doe

Car looks good. I like the model S.
That’s a model 3, the one missing bumpers made in a tent.
Oh wow. Rook same.
max225

1. Dirty as fuck
2. Motherfucking Nicaragua pride
3. Expired registration
4. Dented trunk
5. Luscious gayrage
6. Baby on board of course

:disgust: x6
:triggered:

Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:42 am Image

1. Dirty as fuck
2. Motherfucking Nicaragua pride
3. Expired registration
4. Dented trunk
5. Luscious gayrage
6. Baby on board of course

:disgust: x6
:triggered:

Don't worry. Guadelupe will be in a :minivan: soon enough after :manuel: knocks her up again.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Slammmmed
Tinnntzz

...all my friends know the low rider.....the low rider is a little higher

Davestr

https://jalopnik.com/the-designer-of-th ... 1828997677 - Should be an interesting machine, even though cars are dead :)

The Designer of the McLaren F1 Is Working on a 220-HP Sports Car That’s Way Lighter Than a Miata
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Davestr wrote:https://jalopnik.com/the-designer-of-th ... 1828997677 - Should be an interesting machine, even though cars are dead :)

The Designer of the McLaren F1 Is Working on a 220-HP Sports Car That’s Way Lighter Than a Miata
“I just want to get back to real driving.” Today’s cars are “losing the plot on involvement.” says Murray.

:wrong:

1000 hp with an automatic or :gtfo:

Too bad even this thing will be $80k+ and illegal on public roads in this country anyway.
max225

Davestr wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:37 pm https://jalopnik.com/the-designer-of-th ... 1828997677 - Should be an interesting machine, even though cars are dead :)

Lighter than a 2300 lb vehicle meeting worldwide crash/emissions etc standards . :yeahok: I believe this was attempted with the 4C... and it came out at the same weight as well, carboner everywhere and all. It seems that 2200-2400lbs is the bare minimum for a current "for sale" us street legal vehicle.
max225

Davestr wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:13 pm

Slammmmed
Tinnntzz

...all my friends know the low rider.....the low rider is a little higher

This was fking hillarious :lolgasm: :amazing:
Davestr

Gotta love Elon mang! :)
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Slammmmed
Tinnntzz

Tis not hardparked, though.
:therapist:
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:18 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:37 am Yep, similarly if I didn't do autox or enjoy :manuel: I could just get a used PDK Cayman for $20-30k and be set to drive that for a decade or so NFG. Looks cool, sounds cool, is relatively affordable and reliable, done.

I do wonder if I'd be better off quitting motorsports besides the occasional arrive and drive event. Focusing on music, work, and travel stuff is already enough of a time+money sink.
I never got as into motorsports as you, but even I found it to be too much of a time suck just doing it casually. I’ve found other things I enjoy more, and I think that’s a natural progression of aging. Only so much time in the day.
Namely being Michelle's :pinshit: installation bitch.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:36 pm
I never got as into motorsports as you, but even I found it to be too much of a time suck just doing it casually. I’ve found other things I enjoy more, and I think that’s a natural progression of aging. Only so much time in the day.
Apparently it makes money, so whatever.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Apparently it makes money, so whatever.
:dat: She's got you there.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:ohslap:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Davestr

wap wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:52 pm
Dbest wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:19 am So following up stress test day, the day was awesome, hot as balls but tons of fun... until I wrecked an expensive vehicle.

It was actually driving back. 60mph back road, 1 lane each direction. I’m cruising at 65ish, throw my right turn signal on let off the gas. I coast for a couple seconds then start applying the brake, around 20-25 mph I see in the mirror the dickhead behind is coming in hot, I let off the brakes watching the mirror trying to decided what to do, the car is not slowing down... there’s oncoming traffic, there no shoulder, I thought fuck the turn if I keep slowing down this dude is gonna kill me. I just mashed the throttle hoping to lessen the speed differential, put my head back against the headrest, and braced for impact and it came immediately. I don’t know if this fucking guy ever even hit the brakes. Smashed directly into the back of me. He hit me hard enough that to be honest I don't even remember what exactly happened but I wasn’t able to keep it on the road, went off the right side down the ditch through a fence into a farmers field. The car is fucked. The dude that hit me and his passenger got it a lot worse then I did with airbag deployment and the ghetto lean where the seat belt shoulder strap wasn’t anywhere near actually touching their chests. I was fine, a little sore and shaken up but ok. I was not ticketed, the other driver received a couple. Because there was an accident I had to pee in a cup and get checked out by the workman’s comp / accident doctor. I’m sore, a couple bruises here and there but nothing major.

Fucking people.
Holy shit. People fucking suck. Glad you're ok.
Total :word: You did all you could to avoid and minimize the impact. I hope that asshat never drives again. Pure fkn negligence.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Dbest wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:19 am So following up stress test day, the day was awesome, hot as balls but tons of fun... until I wrecked an expensive vehicle.

It was actually driving back. 60mph back road, 1 lane each direction. I’m cruising at 65ish, throw my right turn signal on let off the gas. I coast for a couple seconds then start applying the brake, around 20-25 mph I see in the mirror the dickhead behind is coming in hot, I let off the brakes watching the mirror trying to decided what to do, the car is not slowing down... there’s oncoming traffic, there no shoulder, I thought fuck the turn if I keep slowing down this dude is gonna kill me. I just mashed the throttle hoping to lessen the speed differential, put my head back against the headrest, and braced for impact and it came immediately. I don’t know if this fucking guy ever even hit the brakes. Smashed directly into the back of me. He hit me hard enough that to be honest I don't even remember what exactly happened but I wasn’t able to keep it on the road, went off the right side down the ditch through a fence into a farmers field. The car is fucked. The dude that hit me and his passenger got it a lot worse then I did with airbag deployment and the ghetto lean where the seat belt shoulder strap wasn’t anywhere near actually touching their chests. I was fine, a little sore and shaken up but ok. I was not ticketed, the other driver received a couple. Because there was an accident I had to pee in a cup and get checked out by the workman’s comp / accident doctor. I’m sore, a couple bruises here and there but nothing major.

Fucking people.
This is the most realistic "stress test week" test that car has gone through. Happy you are okay! Don't know what goes through the head of some people driving, other than airbags.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P

BMW have gone off the deep end with this fucking gerbil looking piece of shit

Called the iNEXT
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/09/bmw-i ... crossover/

I'd rather drive a Hyundai. If I'm going to be forced to commit suicide might as well do it in a good looking vehicle.
max225

It is just a useless concept, it isn't going to happen, it looks like they took an I3 and BLEW IT UP to an I33 :lolgasm:

I always wondered why manufacturers do concepts that couldn't be further from the production.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:48 pm It is just a useless concept, it isn't going to happen, it looks like they took an I3 and BLEW IT UP to an I33 :lolgasm:

I always wondered why manufacturers do concepts that couldn't be further from the production.
:lolol:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:25 pm BMW have gone off the deep end with this fucking gerbil looking piece of shit

Called the iNEXT

I'd rather drive a Hyundai. If I'm going to be forced to commit suicide might as well do it in a good looking vehicle.
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
:wtf: :gag: :wtf:
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:25 pm BMW have gone off the deep end with this fucking gerbil looking piece of shit

Called the iNEXT

One point in the future, not wearing glasses will be a thing of the past
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Called the iNEXT

That deserves to be in a sushi dispenser.