Car talk tré: Carpocalypse Now!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:31 pm :science:Image
:notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Applies pretty well to most of us here. :lol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2018/TESL ... 2520DR/RWD

Tesla Model 3 just received the governments highest crash test ratings in all categories. Bunch of good for nothings probably bribed the .gov
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin

This is quite the illustration.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:53 pm "big as a shoe box".

https://www-motor1-com.cdn.ampproject.o ... -patent%2F
That's pretty :neat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:43 pm https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2018/TESL ... 2520DR/RWD

Tesla Model 3 just received the governments highest crash test ratings in all categories. Bunch of good for nothings probably bribed the .gov
This is why I'm :impressive: with Tesla. Every model since the first Model S has received perfect crash scores. That's a serious achievement for any OEM, let alone one that mostly came out of nowhere, run by a maniacal man child.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Built 4Runner & Pontiac Vibe

The crash ratings are awesome, I remember hearing the Model S was exempt from roll bar requirements for racing because they are so stout.

But “autopilot” still sucks!
www.aguyagirlandatrail.com
instagram.com/aguyagirlandatrail
max225

Dbest wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:59 pm The crash ratings are awesome, I remember hearing the Model S was exempt from roll bar requirements for racing because they are so stout.

Love to see another car do this
max225

or this

It is all in the software at this point. Some features became locked due to Morons basically abusing the system.
ChrisoftheNorth

:gonbgud:
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:05 pm
Dbest wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:59 pm The crash ratings are awesome, I remember hearing the Model S was exempt from roll bar requirements for racing because they are so stout.

Pretty much every other luxury brand can do that. It’s adaptive cruise control with lane guidance/lane centering, most brands just program in a hands off timer that only allow you to let go for so long. Tesla still doesn’t even have lidar and they haven’t started messing with laser scanners either. Their tech is behind the curve they and just willing to allow a longer leash on the software.
max225

Dbest wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:42 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:05 pm

Pretty much every other luxury brand can do that. It’s adaptive cruise control with lane guidance/lane centering, most brands just program in a hands off timer that only allow you to let go for so long. Tesla still doesn’t even have lidar and they haven’t started messing with laser scanners either. Their tech is behind the curve they and just willing to allow a longer leash on the software.
Every other car has automatic parking? Parallel or perpendicular...
summon feature?
Automatically change lanes on the freeway?

A lot of guys caught up over time, while tesla scaled back their features due to retardation. I hear there is a new autopilot version 9.0 coming up which takes freeway exits etc. Time will tell but they are certainly on top of their game when it comes to automous tech.

The new cadillac system is very good also.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Yes they offer those those things. With the expectionmof the automated lane change because let’s be honest, that’s stupid. You still have to prompt it to switch lanes and all it’s doing is letting it drift over about 8 feet... there nothing remarkable or special about anything Tesla is doing with auto pilot. It’s hype.
max225

Dbest wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:25 pm Yes they offer those those things. With the expectionmof the automated lane change because let’s be honest, that’s stupid. You still have to prompt it to switch lanes and all it’s doing is letting it drift over about 8 feet... there nothing remarkable or special about anything Tesla is doing with auto pilot. It’s hype.
I mean the entire company is nothing by hype and is run by a tard.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:46 pm
max225 wrote:
Camero for sub 20k :neat: how :doe: Fake news :dill: for a 1 Legged recovering alcoholic dog loving pirate?
Leftover base :manuel: 4-cyls have been blown out to autocrossers for as low as $17xxx. It's not a regular thing and you wouldn't be able to pick the color, but it's possible if you can get over the lack of windows and trunk.
:idbu:

If there's one thing I'm learning in my car search... pretty much everything you read online is :bs:

And I do sales for a living, it's not like I'm some below average negotiator (not that I'm a pro).

I think :dill: really only exist if you don't care at all about options, colors, spec... and at that point, why bother. I'm sure someone has gotten a shitty black Camero with automatic and 1k miles of test drives and cig burns for $17k+epic fees and then suddenly you're :wrong: if you "only" get $4k off MSRP.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:29 am
troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:46 pm Leftover base :manuel: 4-cyls have been blown out to autocrossers for as low as $17xxx. It's not a regular thing and you wouldn't be able to pick the color, but it's possible if you can get over the lack of windows and trunk.
:idbu:

If there's one thing I'm learning in my car search... pretty much everything you read online is :bs:

And I do sales for a living, it's not like I'm some below average negotiator (not that I'm a pro).

I think :dill: really only exist if you don't care at all about options, colors, spec... and at that point, why bother. I'm sure someone has gotten a shitty black Camero with automatic and 1k miles of test drives and cig burns for $17k+epic fees and then suddenly you're :wrong: if you "only" get $4k off MSRP.
I think many times online people quote the sail price of the car and neglect tax, rape, non negotiable first aid kits, and DMV or plate costs. Where I work it’s common for people to say they got a car for $X but that price includes their trade in that they got anally fucked on. So oh wow your truck was $35k that’s a decent price but it includes the $1k they gave you for your mint low mileage Ranger so really you got fucked.
max225

Yea I never understood that piece, what you paid for a car should never include money down or a trade, :wtf:
Johnny_P

Calling all armchair racers. C&D Lightning Lap is out.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/l ... 018results

That $17k Camaro Turbo is :impressive:
Lots of talk about how well the Fraud Mehstang PP2 did, but keep in mind the diff overheated every time they took it out, after about 3 laps or so.
Fraud GT couldn't turn out a faster lap this year because it was hotter out, 2.5 seconds off pace. Disappoint.
Lots of ragging on the fast Audis.
A Jeep is faster around a road course than my car.

:popcorn:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:24 am Calling all armchair racers. C&D Lightning Lap is out.

Lots of talk about how well the Fraud Mehstang PP2 did, but keep in mind the diff overheated every time they took it out, after about 3 laps or so.
Fraud GT couldn't turn out a faster lap this year because it was hotter out, 2.5 seconds off pace. Disappoint.

Good post. Ford is garbage obviously ...

Serious question where the fk is the m3?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:24 am Calling all armchair racers. C&D Lightning Lap is out.

I'd like to see what some of the older cars could do on modern tires.
max225

Also moostang PP 2 runs on 305 front and rear tires, because we all know that doesn’t matter one bit. Hence the :225: bitching about my previous car, I was :wrong: enough to make it into a gif
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:30 am

Here's the all time list. M4 ran a 3:00.7 in 2015

max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:34 am
max225 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:30 am

Here's the all time list. M4 ran a 3:00.7 in 2015

:neat: no competition package :doe: it should
Be worth at least another 1-2 seconds with dem big boy Michelin’s and suspension/powertrain tweaks. The best thing on this list is the grand sport poorvette at 2:47. Big one should likely try and swap sway bars on that one as well, stupid engineers
Johnny_P

:225: 's car is slower than a rental car moostang? :impressive: