MQB Chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:39 am
golfsedan16 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:12 am

Thanks it feels good. You’re at Mazda now or...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Long story, but MINI was shuttered due to shady dealings at the parent BMW store... unfortunate fallout. I'm now at Mazda and enjoying it for the most part, but it's no MINI, and it's still the car biz. :notsure:
$4,000 under invoice :bobble:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:18 am
razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:52 am
No, BMW salesholes submitting fake surveys to glean extra bonus money sunk the ship. BMW NA said you've gotta close the BMW store. My parent company went into negotiations with BMW NA and paid them off with $8m to close MINI instead despite the fact we did nothing wrong.

Fuckers.
That's fucked.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

No, BMW salesholes submitting fake surveys to glean extra bonus money sunk the ship. BMW NA said you've gotta close the BMW store. My parent company went into negotiations with BMW NA and paid them off with $8m to close MINI instead despite the fact we did nothing wrong.

Fuckers.
:wtf:
:rage:

Thats shit. I never got the full story. Why not fire people in question?!?! i mean :wtf: actually?
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:33 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:31 am

Thats shit. I never got the full story. Why not fire people in question?!?! i mean :wtf: actually?
I only recently learned this - it reignited my :rage: a bit.

The salesholes and manglement were terminated - several people from MINI were rolled into BMW (myself included) but it was such a poisonous environment that there was a mass exodus shortly after I left.
:facepalm:

A good workplace is a 2 way street. You need to have management brave enough to fire venomous employees before they poison the pond. But you also need employees that are willing to work with management when change comes down from up top.

sounds like neither happened and you were thrust unwillingingly into it.
brain go brrrrrr
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:18 am No, BMW salesholes submitting fake surveys to glean extra bonus money sunk the ship. BMW NA said you've gotta close the BMW store. My parent company went into negotiations with BMW NA and paid them off with $8m to close MINI instead despite the fact we did nothing wrong.

Fuckers.
That's some fucked up shit.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Fuckers.
:rage: indeed.

Just goes to show that the whole survey method is fucked to begin with, though. Humans are some greedy and selfish mofo’s and they will take advantage of any opportunity to get something out of life.

Survey method is vvv pointless
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:16 am
razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:08 am

:rage: indeed.

Just goes to show that the whole survey method is fucked to begin with, though. Humans are some greedy and selfish mofo’s and they will take advantage of any opportunity to get something out of life.

Survey method is vvv pointless
When you tie compensation into survey results, you might as well throw the surveys out.

But those surveys aren't used for actual learning purposes anyway - they're used to boast about CSI accolades. It's basically who can train their customers to submit the best surveys.
Bmw has such wonderful service .... :disgust:
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:10 am
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:41 am

Bmw has such wonderful service .... :disgust:
Find a good private shop. BMW dillershits are no bueno.
I won’t get my service for free.99 ... only 1 oil change left before I off the Camry for the next vehicle.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I just throw perfect 10s at those surveys in hopes that the sales or service people find out and treat me better later. Even when I get shit service, the survey comes out clean. The Service Manager gets an ear full and has to take the car back in to fix the shit. That's usually good enough to keep things honest where I go.
golfsedan16
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Wow Zil

That is some fucked shit

Car biz is Rekt beyond repair imo

Burn it all down

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:33 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:31 am

I only recently learned this - it reignited my :rage: a bit.

The salesholes and manglement were terminated - several people from MINI were rolled into BMW (myself included) but it was such a poisonous environment that there was a mass exodus shortly after I left.
What in the actual fuck :rage:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

golfsedan16 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:42 am Wow Zil

That is some fucked shit

Car biz is Rekt beyond repair imo

Burn it all down

thanks carvana
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:07 pm Carvana is how it should be, really.

I'm OK with it. Force me out of this business, please. :lol:
Sort of? You can't inspect or drive the car first. Finance or pay for the car, then get your test drive and do a PPI? Fuck that.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

coogles wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:10 pm
[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:07 pm Carvana is how it should be, really.

Sort of? You can't inspect or drive the car first. Finance or pay for the car, then get your test drive and do a PPI? Fuck that.
Don't they offer a money back guarantee though if you find something after the purchase? That doesn't sound that bad to me other than the hassle of dealing with banks and what car you're actually buying trying to get a loan, but I'm sure they'd adapt if that became the norm.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:12 pm Don't they offer a money back guarantee though if you find something after the purchase? That doesn't sound that bad to me other than the hassle of dealing with banks and what car you're actually buying trying to get a loan, but I'm sure they'd adapt if that became the norm.
They do, 7 days. Going through the hassle of taking out a loan just to figure out there's something undisclosed about the car and have to return it sounds like a pain to me. :iono:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:28 pm

Yeah, but think about the new car side. It's totally how it should be. All car same.
On the new car side I could definitely go along with that.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:28 pm

Yeah, but think about the new car side. It's totally how it should be. All car same.
:dat:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:07 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:52 pm

thanks carvana
Carvana is how it should be, really.

From all I know it's delivering the one you selected. But there are disadvantages, like not test driving the car to see if you like it or not for starters. But takes out the :dillerman: trying to push you to buy something you exactly don't want or somewhere along the lines.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

This is really how my Shitvic deal is ending up. Deal made by email while I've been out of town. Spoke to the dude for five minutes on the phone, and the car will be delivered to me when I get home.

:notbad:

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:16 am This is really how my Shitvic deal is ending up. Deal made by email while I've been out of town. Spoke to the dude for five minutes on the phone, and the car will be delivered to me when I get home.

thats pretty freaking hassle free. Remote buying of car with financing. :mindblown:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:44 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:32 pm

From all I know it's delivering the one you selected. But there are disadvantages, like not test driving the car to see if you like it or not for starters. But takes out the :dillerman: trying to push you to buy something you exactly don't want or somewhere along the lines.
You have a fleet of test drive units ready to go. One of each model, not necessarily every trim. Drive the car, get an idea of what features you want, and then plunk your coin into the machine and let it vend you a jellybean.
:mindblown: if that continues, that might decrease the demand of selling cars off of dealers quite significantly.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Built 4Runner & Pontiac Vibe

MQB is weird, it’s strangle to wrap your head around the Volkswagen Atlas and the Audi TTRS sharing a platform.
www.aguyagirlandatrail.com
instagram.com/aguyagirlandatrail
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Built 4Runner & Pontiac Vibe

It obviously makes sense. On MQB the distance between the firewall to the front hub center is only fixed dimension, everything else is scalable and they share electrical architecture. It doesn’t make it less weird to the the Atlas and the TTRS are the same platform.
www.aguyagirlandatrail.com
instagram.com/aguyagirlandatrail
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:16 am This is really how my Shitvic deal is ending up. Deal made by email while I've been out of town. Spoke to the dude for five minutes on the phone, and the car will be delivered to me when I get home.

Yep that's how I did it with my STI.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:10 pm

Yep that's how I did it with my STI.
That's how I have done my last 10 car deals. I refuse to "walk in " and "negotiate" because that's the single worst thing you can do as a consumer. :dillerman: rape palace is designed to do one thing only...

If I am serious about a car, I'll get a deal in writing over email... even then I had the occasional issue.