9000 Placs Per Minute

Strut your greasy stuff!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:31 am Getting the :wankel: shiny for the next bro. Image
:plac:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:31 am Getting the :wankel: shiny for the next bro. Image
such a shame. Love those cars.
brain go brrrrrr
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:amazing: it sold. ? That’s some serious gayrage space too :jelly:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Oh it's not sold, I'm just finally getting it clean enough to photograph and officially list it for sale.

That's a 20x20 2-car, it's only big when one car has been kicked out for the night so I can work on the other one.
troyguitar

Sports car for sale $10k

its red and real funImageImage
max225

:triggered: !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:46 pm :triggered: !!!!!!!!!!!!
:lolgasm:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:35 am
then buy his.
troyguitar

dubshow wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:35 am

then buy his.
Imagegasm:

The :fax: man doesn't pay top dollar for well maintained stuff, he's capable of doing his own work to make up for neglect and saving cash. I generally look for lazy :waxer: buyers who want to pay more for something that is turn-key.

It's really a disease, the amount of time I waste working on cars doesn't come close to being worth the slightly higher sale prices I generally get. I just can't bring myself to sell something that isn't in the best condition that it can be - it somehow is a representation of myself. That's why it takes me so long to get a for sale listing together, I can't live with myself posting blurry photos of a dirty car. It has to be good enough for [user not found] to say "Well, it needs 3 more stages of paint correction but it looks sorta decent" before I'll list anything.
Last edited by troyguitar on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

troyguitar wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:23 pm
dubshow wrote:
then buy his.
:loogasm:

The :fax: man doesn't pay top dollar for well maintained stuff, he's capable of doing his own work to make up for neglect and saving cash. I generally look for lazy :waxer: buyers who want to pay more for something that is turn-key.

It's really a disease, the amount of time I waste working on cars doesn't come close to being worth the slightly higher sale prices I generally get. I just can't bring myself to sell something that isn't in the best condition that it can be - it somehow is a representation of myself. That's why it takes me so long to get a for sale listing together, I can't live with myself posting blurry photos of a dirty car. It has to be good enough for [user not found] to say "Well, it needs 3 more stages of paint correction but it looks sorta decent" before I'll list anything.
you mean hobby. We do not have smart financial hobbies.
troyguitar

dubshow wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:23 pm :loogasm:

you mean hobby. We do not have smart financial hobbies.
No, cars are a hobby. Being unwilling to let anyone sit in my car or come to my :haus: without it being 100% clean and "ready for primetime" is a disease.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:03 am
troyguitar wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:36 pm No, cars are a hobby. Being unwilling to let anyone sit in my car or come to my :haus: without it being 100% clean and "ready for primetime" is a disease.
Nah, that's pride.

You'd do well in sales with those standards.
:dat:

The last car I sold private party was my 92 K1500. I fixed EVERYTHING wrong with it, and cleaned it up as best as possible. It was the nicest it ever was while I owned it. Got the DSLR out and took very clear, detailed photos, and many of them. Wrote up a detailed ad and let it rip.

The dude that bought it told me it was the best listing he'd ever seen ever, and because of that he wasn't going to haggle on price at all. When he got the truck, he even asked if I did it professionally. He was really :mindblown: by it.

Many people won't be impressed, but those that are will be willing to pay more IMO. It's worth the extra effort.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

Weather was super :eeyore: yesterday so most of my pics sucked, but we had a brief bit of nearly sunny today so I took some more. Shiny :wankel: photo album here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/h3giXD76RMVuvihk9

I don't think Google embeds work, and tapatalk compression ruins images so y'all have to click the link. :thanksobama:

Testing for :science: but I don't think most people can see the embed:

SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I can see the embedded image. Car looks great. Well done.
max225

Looks nice I like it!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I clicked on the link and was not disappointed. The kickplates show scratches in some images and dare I say that the calipers are not waxed :lol:

Looks great GLWS
Desertbreh

troyguitar wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:23 pm
dubshow wrote:
then buy his.
Imagegasm:

:hai:

I'm the same as you regarding all of the personal problems in the last paragraph.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Pics look good to me!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:38 am Car looks fantastic - might want to remove the velcro from the center stack doe.

(also just keep the car?)
:dat: :sad:
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:Car looks fantastic - might want to remove the velcro from the center stack doe.

(also just keep the car?)
I'm going to list it first with the whole autox/track package to see if anyone is interested in everything - extra wheels, 10 hz gps, sparco harness, and the tablet all together. If no takers then I'll put it all back to stock.

There's no point at all in a car like this being parked outside in NY.
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:42 pm I'm going to list it first with the whole autox/track package to see if anyone is interested in everything - extra wheels, 10 hz gps, sparco harness, and the tablet all together. If no takers then I'll put it all back to stock.

There's no point at all in a car like this being parked outside in NY.
Fluid film it to death - how long will you realistically be in the Corning area?
That's company HQ and she'll finally be a manager, so theoretically we could be there until we die. In practice, hopefully more like 5-10 years before getting jobs at decent companies in a better location (i.e. West coast, EU).
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:03 pm
[user not found] wrote:
Fluid film it to death - how long will you realistically be in the Corning area?
That's company HQ and she'll finally be a manager, so theoretically we could be there until we die. In practice, hopefully more like 5-10 years before getting jobs at decent companies in a better location (i.e. West coast, EU).
Solid plan, dude. Hope things pan out for you guys.
max225

Have you gotten any offers on the RXH8?
troyguitar

max225 wrote:Have you gotten any offers on the RXH8?
I don't expect anything to happen until January or, more likely, after we move. Just no time to :dillerman: really - I'll be in the state for at most 5 more days this month and spending most of January on moving.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:14 pm
max225 wrote:Have you gotten any offers on the RXH8?
I don't expect anything to happen until January or, more likely, after we move. Just no time to :dillerman: really - I'll be in the state for at most 5 more days this month and spending most of January on moving.
So you cleaned it for nothing :( ?