9000 Placs Per Minute

Strut your greasy stuff!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:14 pm I don't expect anything to happen until January or, more likely, after we move. Just no time to :dillerman: really - I'll be in the state for at most 5 more days this month and spending most of January on moving.
So you cleaned it for nothing :( ?
It won't be driven, so it'll only need a quick spot cleaning before anyone comes to see it.
troyguitar

First bite is a kind of interesting offer: Trade for a 2014 Mazda6 Touring con :manuel: - downside is it's silver with black vinyl seats and 85k miles.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:47 pm First bite is a kind of interesting offer: Trade for a 2014 Mazda6 Touring con :manuel: - downside is it's silver with black vinyl seats and 85k miles.
No Subaru no care. :disgust:
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:47 pm First bite is a kind of interesting offer: Trade for a 2014 Mazda6 Touring con :manuel: - downside is it's silver with black vinyl seats and 85k miles.
I mean, it'd certainly accomplish the NFG car goal.
It also seems to be worth about $2k more as a trade-in somehow. I have been thinking about not having a car at all :doe:
troyguitar

Silver Mazda6 bro deal continues to be interesting to me. It looks like if we can manage to figure out a way to do it right that we might be able to save each other a bunch of money doing the swap. He just moved from OH to GA and will have to pay like $900 on his 6 to register it down there if he still has it on Jan 1. I'll have to pay $200 or so in tax on the :wankel: if I have it here on Jan 1... might be able to keep at least $1100 away from :thankstrump: if we :plac: before then. :notsure:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:44 pm Silver Mazda6 bro deal continues to be interesting to me. It looks like if we can manage to figure out a way to do it right that we might be able to save each other a bunch of money doing the swap. He just moved from OH to GA and will have to pay like $900 on his 6 to register it down there if he still has it on Jan 1. I'll have to pay $200 or so in tax on the :wankel: if I have it here on Jan 1... might be able to keep at least $1100 away from :thankstrump: if we :plac: before then. :notsure:
Such :scrooge: :math: shenanigans.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:44 pm Silver Mazda6 bro deal continues to be interesting to me. It looks like if we can manage to figure out a way to do it right that we might be able to save each other a bunch of money doing the swap. He just moved from OH to GA and will have to pay like $900 on his 6 to register it down there if he still has it on Jan 1. I'll have to pay $200 or so in tax on the :wankel: if I have it here on Jan 1... might be able to keep at least $1100 away from :thankstrump: if we :plac: before then. :notsure:
Seems like a :neat: car... but :iono: the RX8 is way more :neat: .
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

While the :math: makes sense... I am having a tough time with the fact that a mazda 6 with a highly undesirable :manuel: for everyone else and double the miles of the rx8 is somehow "worth" the same.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:07 pm
Seems like a :neat: car... but :iono: the RX8 is way more :neat: .
Cost to own is roughly double, assuming no future engine/rust issues with the :wankel: and no huge fuel price increases. Anything "unexpected" like that and the cost only goes higher and higher on the :wankel:

:iono: I'd probably rather just sell it outright and not have a car at all.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Yea, I'd stick to the no car plan. If you do the swap, you'll be stuck with that 6 forever. Nobody wants a high mileage :manuel: other than forumbros that never put their money where their mouth it.

Unless you want it forever, then it's probably a :notbad: call. You waffle too much on cars to commit like that :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:54 am Yea, I'd stick to the no car plan. If you do the swap, you'll be stuck with that 6 forever. Nobody wants a high mileage :manuel: other than forumbros that never put their money where their mouth it.

Unless you want it forever, then it's probably a :notbad: call. You waffle too much on cars to commit like that :doe:
+ 1000. Arrive in the Taiga. Then assess.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar

Looks like I won't have time to do anything before January anyway, too much other shit going on.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:54 am Yea, I'd stick to the no car plan. If you do the swap, you'll be stuck with that 6 forever. Nobody wants a high mileage :manuel: other than forumbros that never put their money where their mouth it.

:dat:

So the 10.5 Rxh8 will turn into a 8K Mazda 6 on trade... which will be 4-5k next year... plus taxes fees etc, it'll run you a crazy amount of money for nothing...
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:16 pm Looks like I won't have time to do anything before January anyway, too much other shit going on.
Throw the RX8 in a storage unit up there until the spring to keep it nice and minty - keep it listed low-key on CL or Cars.com or Autotrader - and then start aggressively promoting in the spring when AutoX season starts again.

You own it outright, and it's a seasonal car. You're gonna need warm weather to sell it.
I'm in no hurry to sell but not about to pay $200/mo to store it. I'll just park it outside and not drive it until the salt goes away in June. It won't hurt anything to get snow on it in the parking lot.

I might need to get one of those solar-powered battery tenders though - anyone know if those really work?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

The salt should be gone before June. I'm planning on having the :poorvette: back on the road by late April/Early May. Ideally for Watkins Glen opening day.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:50 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:46 pm The salt should be gone before June. I'm planning on having the :poorvette: back on the road by late April/Early May. Ideally for Watkins Glen opening day.
June?

Woof.
troyguitar wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:45 pm I'll just park it outside and not drive it until the salt goes away in June. It won't hurt anything to get snow on it in the parking lot.

Just replying to this part, but you never know they use so fucking much of the stuff
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:46 pm The salt should be gone before June. I'm planning on having the :poorvette: back on the road by late April/Early May. Ideally for Watkins Glen opening day.
June?

Woof.
I don't plan on having my :poorvette: out until May at the earliest. April is still usually a crap shoot.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:52 am

June?

Woof.
I don't plan on having my :poorvette: out until May at the earliest. April is still usually a crap shoot.
Man... that blows. I drove mine yesterday.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:53 pm
Detroit wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:52 am
Hence why I'm trying to land in NC this year.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:02 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:53 pm

I've had the :meata: in the garage since the beginning of November I think. Guess I better pour the Stabil in the tank.
Just top the tank off and be done with it.
max225

It was driving me nuts when I had a car in the garage and not driving it. I dunno how you guys do it
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:31 am It was driving me nuts when I had a car in the garage and not driving it. I dunno how you guys do it
Out of sight, out of mind.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:38 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:31 am It was driving me nuts when I had a car in the garage and not driving it. I dunno how you guys do it
It was in my mind every single time I had to drive the frozen car that's sitting outside instead of in the garage that I own. Never again.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:47 am
It was in my mind every single time I had to drive the frozen car that's sitting outside instead of in the garage that I own. Never again.
Sounds like you need to buy a bigger house for a car you don’t drive. It is the American way, stop being a communist baguette lover
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:47 am
Well, in that case...

My garage isn't big enough to use daily, it's basically a large shed. I never go in there, both cars we drive regularly are forced to sit outside. At least we have a carport on the side so one of the cars doesn't get covered in snow/frost.