Back to the Toy talk

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Built 4Runner & Pontiac Vibe

So wifey and I went over to the :dillerman: to take a ride today. They have a little dirt test track with a coupe high banks corners, rock garden, section of alternating railroad ties etc. My wife was white knuckling the oh shit bar when I put in RWD, drifted the shit out of it around the corner fishtailing down the straight away into the high bank corner at speed lol. It was a short 10 minute ride on a relatively tight low speed dirt test track. She said it was a much smoother ride and a lot more fun than was picturing but she was the most surprised by how fast it was, she said she never expected it to have that much get up and go.

After going for a ride in it and getting to see it in person I asked her what she wanted to do... pick up the RZR or ditch the Jetta for an SUV. Sounds like she's on board with the RZR, we're going over to Trailer Source to look at trailers today.

2017 Polaris RZR XP 1000 EPS
www.aguyagirlandatrail.com
instagram.com/aguyagirlandatrail
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

The fun...it's just too much.

I want one of these bad, I just don't have anywhere to drive it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote:The fun...it's just too much.

You can get them plated in some states. My dad was able to get one plated in NJ for his former place of emplyment.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote:

You can get them plated in some states. My dad was able to get one plated in NJ for his former place of emplyment.
I've seen them cruising around here, but I live in an urban environ, where there's no fun to be had with these.

Eventually, I hope to buy a bunch of property up north so I can fuck around all I want.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote:
Apex wrote:
I've seen them cruising around here, but I live in an urban environ, where there's no fun to be had with these.

Eventually, I hope to buy a bunch of property up north so I can fuck around all I want.
Nice, I hope you buy a bunch of property so you can have all the toys you want.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote:
Detroit wrote: I've seen them cruising around here, but I live in an urban environ, where there's no fun to be had with these.

:fuckyeah:

Hopefully one day...
Apex

Detroit wrote:
Apex wrote:
:fuckyeah:

Hopefully one day...
DFD Northern Compound :fuckyeah:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote:
Detroit wrote: :fuckyeah:

Hopefully one day...
:dat:

When shit goes south, northern MI is a great place to be. Plenty of natural resources, and the Michigan Militia.
Apex

Detroit wrote:
Apex wrote:

When shit goes south, northern MI is a great place to be. Plenty of natural resources, and the Michigan Militia.
:notbad:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
Apex wrote:

That would indeed be pretty badass. You could make some fun rallycross tracks pretty easily and run snowmobiles on them in the winter.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote: :fuckyeah:

I want to go test one of these out now.
I'd highly recommend it, especially if you go somewhere that you can spend a few hundred dollars and rent for the the day. It's ridiculous. The downside is you will want one. I feel like it's impossible for a gear head car guy to spend some time in one and not love it.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Realistically I'll have to tow it about half an hour to take it somewhere we can even drive it. But the options in the 1-2 hour drive range are practically endless. I'm talking literally thousands of miles of trails through the rocky mountains that we can play on.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

This is fucking incredible and if I'm ever in your neck of the woods you ARE giving me a ride in it :fuckyeah:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote:
Johnny_P wrote:This is fucking incredible and if I'm ever in your neck of the woods you ARE giving me a ride in it :fuckyeah:
Let's go ride bikes in Colorado...

And by bikes, I mean a RZR and by ride, I mean steal @dbest's.
We can drive the Bro Forks out, and trailer his RZR back :megusta:
He will never know.
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I don't have a RZR yet :(

But riding bikes in Colorado is a good idea, bring mountains bikes and your big boy lungs
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Better yet, bring skis and a mountain bike, make a weekend out of it.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

:like:
Dbest wrote:So wifey and I went over to the :dillerman: to take a ride today. They have a little dirt test track with a coupe high banks corners, rock garden, section of alternating railroad ties etc. My wife was white knuckling the oh shit bar when I put in RWD, drifted the shit out of it around the corner fishtailing down the straight away into the high bank corner at speed lol. It was a short 10 minute ride on a relatively tight low speed dirt test track. She said it was a much smoother ride and a lot more fun than was picturing but she was the most surprised by how fast it was, she said she never expected it to have that much get up and go.

After going for a ride in it and getting to see it in person I asked her what she wanted to do... pick up the RZR or ditch the Jetta for an SUV. Sounds like she's on board with the RZR, we're going over to Trailer Source to look at trailers today.

2017 Polaris RZR XP 1000 EPS
:like: :) :like:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote:
Detroit wrote: :dat:

That would indeed be pretty badass. You could make some fun rallycross tracks pretty easily and run snowmobiles on them in the winter.
This is exactly what I want to do.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

GoPro from when we were playing in the desert with my buddies. It's a couple clips driving to the mountains, then a couple going up, then about 5 minutes in is longer clips coming back down just steamrolling rocks. Most of it was with the camera hard mounted to the front bumper, no mechanical or digital image stabilization.

The way the 4wd switch is the the bottom is solid with a RWD icon, the top has a orange LED that lights up for 4WD, the LED was glowing in the sun so it looked like it was on. It wasn't until we got to the top of the mountain and took a break that I shut it off and I'm like weird why is the LED still glowing. It wasn't it was all sun, and it was a rocker switch. So like a dumbass I did the entire drive to and up the mountains in RWD only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGrbtU1CZPg
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

So this happened today...

Apex

:fuckyeah: That looks awesome!
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote:K, good things come in threes, right?

So that means JohnnyP and Max need to get their dills sorted out.

Working on it !

And congrats to @dbest!
Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

So here's the details.

The trailer is from Innovative Trailer. It's a steel frame, 3500lb single axle, 15" wheels, fold down loading ramp, wooden deck, 10' long and 77" wide deck, there's a fixed 12" tall metal railing around it. MSRP is $1,999 but with year end clearance and a little negotiating it was $1315 + tax, title, plates, etc. The 2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS MSRP is $19,499 but with the factory rebates offered through the Full Throttle sales event and a lot of effort to squeeze out the best deal possible it was $14,240 + tax, delivery, doc fees, title, ect.

My wife and I took it out today for it's first ride. We went the Switzerland Trail. We've taken the 4Runner there before, it used to be narrow gauge railroad bench cut into the side of a couple mountains that connected Boulder up to a mining town back in the day. The rails are long gone and now days its just a rough eroded 4WD trail. These pictures are from a while ago when in the truck but it'll give you an idea.

When in the truck 10 mph is about the high end of what you can get up to and over the bigger rocks and big dips and bumps your basically idling along getting jerked around in your seat.

I drove for about 10-15 minutes in the RZR today and then pulled over and had my wife drive it. She putzed around for a couple minute than all of a sudden she's doing 30+ mph down the trail grinning ear to ear. She loved it, I loved it, it was awesome.

Dbest
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

9.7 gallon tank. I don't know mpgs, it's can vary heavily depending on driving conditions but I've heard to expect around 20 driving it aggressively... let's be honest, it wasn't designed with subtlety in mind.
ChrisoftheNorth

Wow, this went 5/7 fast. I love it.