The NOLA High Steaks 500: Troy vs Teh Fax

Organize your DFD meat ups, hangouts, wang outs, and discuss the aftermath of such shenanigans, here.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Apex wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:11 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:10 pm

My biggest concern with :jeep: is fitting into parking spaces and not being one of the assholes in two spaces that I always complain about.
Are you concerned about length or girth?
Girth, for the first time in my life :(
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

but of course the battery died day 2 and i got a bunch of 4s clips. :rage: I even charged the fucker the night before.

Im fucking done with action cams. I may or may not edit this fucking shit together.

:rage: :rage: :rage:
:rage: :dealwithit: :rage:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:13 pm

:(

You'll get comfortable with it shortly I would imagine. Don't stray too far away from the line you can see? :iono:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:15 pm but of course the battery died day 2 and i got a bunch of 4s clips. :rage: I even charged the fucker the night before.

Im fucking done with action cams. I may or may not edit this fucking shit together.

Were you GoPro'ing or some chinese knock-off?
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Apex wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:16 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:13 pm

:(

You'll get comfortable with it shortly I would imagine. Don't stray too far away from the line you can see? :iono:
I've done fine so far, but I definitely leave it running for a bit while I hop out and check to make sure I'm centered between the lines.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:15 pm but of course the battery died day 2 and i got a bunch of 4s clips. :rage: I even charged the fucker the night before.

:dat:

I quit trying to make all of that crap work sometime in 2016 and have honestly enjoyed autox much more when I'm not fucking with cameras/batteries/bluetooth and then having "homework" to get videos together. Just showing up, driving the car, and going home is way better.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

troyguitar wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:34 pm

:dat:

I quit trying to make all of that crap work sometime in 2016 and have honestly enjoyed autox much more when I'm not fucking with cameras/batteries/bluetooth and then having "homework" to get videos together. Just showing up, driving the car, and going home is way better.

When I was learning and reading a lot I would check my runs right after on an Ipad because I wanted immediate feedback on where my lines ACTUALLY were and not what was in my head. Helped me tons but I was able to not need it so much as I progressed. Now I just use the wifi remote and just start and stop before runs and look at it later when I get home. The replay footage even on a bigger ipad is still potato quality, so I was mainly looking for general problem areas and hearing tire squeal to know if could of pushed it harder in areas where there was more grip to be had but I wasn't maxing it out
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:10 pm

My biggest concern with :jeep: is fitting into parking spaces and not being one of the assholes in two spaces that I always complain about.
:hue:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

And that, :mahtroy: is how you make friends and connect with people. A concept that was almost insane to you a few months ago and the cause of much :rage:

:fuckyeah:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Garmin Virb. it could be a good thing but the stupid thing will wait in standby forever vs powering off after say, 15 minutes
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Garmin Virb. it could be a good thing but the stupid thing will wait in standby forever vs powering off after say, 15 minutes
That’s what mine started doing before I ditched it. Hero5 black ran all season without a single issue.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Talk to Zilch, I know he’s been very happy it’s his current setup. Jefe’s looked good in TN while I was living dat convertible life too.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

I have two GoPro Sessions that I have been very happy with. Wind noise could be better but I don't feel there's any action camera that really does that super well.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

stripethree wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:39 pm I have two GoPro Sessions that I have been very happy with. Wind noise could be better but I don't feel there's any action camera that really does that super well.
That chest mount POV session eh?

:megusta:
Acid666

stripethree wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:39 pm I have two GoPro Sessions that I have been very happy with. Wind noise could be better but I don't feel there's any action camera that really does that super well.
Do you have a windslayer for it? The foam cover?
My buddy used to work for GoPro and he sent me one. I normally use it when I use the GoPro Frame, but in the first session of the day I was kind of expecting rain, so I ran it in the waterproof case. Day 2 I ran with the external mic near the exhaust.

Here's both my best runs. Day 1 I took CAM, left a little bit on the course with a couple of spots I found in the video after.
Day 2, not as good, 3/5 in CAM. The SS Camaro I usually aim for finally beat me at an event. Him and a co-driver figured out some element of the course and really nailed :melon: and I. I did beat the :melon: both days doe.
And the wife got some good seat time. She's getting consistent. I'm pretty proud that she's getting faster in quicker jumps between laps as opposed to taking a full 5-6 runs to get comfortable.

Here's my fastest 2 runs.

And here's Kendra learning about how things happen to yellow cars around Halloween.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

dubshow wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:44 pm That chest mount POV session eh?

:megusta:
It always was your favorite vantage point.
Acid666 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:02 am Do you have a windslayer for it? The foam cover?
4Zilch suggested this but every time I look on Amazon they are back ordered or non-Prime slow boat from China shipping. I'll look again. I've become a shipping elitest, no Prime, no care.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Found 'em on ebay. Bought 4 so I have spares, They get here when they get here.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:02 am
My buddy used to work for GoPro and he sent me one. I normally use it when I use the GoPro Frame, but in the first session of the day I was kind of expecting rain, so I ran it in the waterproof case. Day 2 I ran with the external mic near the exhaust.

Windslayer made a huge difference on mine. External mics are always an option but beware the Hero5 uses incripted audio, so you need a special adapter from the GoPro to the external mic (GoPro money grab).

I am considering picking up a session as a 2nd camera or another 5 if I found the right CL :dill:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Acid666

4zilch wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:56 am
Acid666 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:02 am

Windslayer made a huge difference on mine. External mics are always an option but beware the Hero5 uses incripted audio, so you need a special adapter from the GoPro to the external mic (GoPro money grab).

I am considering picking up a session as a 2nd camera or another 5 if I found the right CL :dill:

This is the external mic I bought. Works good and it's pretty cheap so if it gets wet, falls off the car, or fails I :aintcare:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F8 ... UTF8&psc=1
troyguitar

I'd like to set up 3 cameras (to see how close both sides of the car are to cones, and see my hands) and Solo Storm for data logging, but it seems like a lot of PITA plus :waxer: to get it all going.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Acid666 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:16 am This is the external mic I bought. Works good and it's pretty cheap so if it gets wet, falls off the car, or fails I :aintcare:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F8 ... UTF8&psc=1
One downside of the Sessions, they can't do an external mic, even Bluetooth. As an alternative I've considered an independent mic setup. Secure this in the trunk and run this to the bumper right above the exhaust with this. Overkill? Probably, but the would quality should be :fuckyeah:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:39 am I'd like to set up 3 cameras (to see how close both sides of the car are to cones, and see my hands) and Solo Storm for data logging, but it seems like a lot of PITA plus :waxer: to get it all going.
.....is that a 200 dollar app?!?!?!?!
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:39 am I'd like to set up 3 cameras (to see how close both sides of the car are to cones, and see my hands) and Solo Storm for data logging, but it seems like a lot of PITA plus :waxer: to get it all going.
Yeah - I don’t care that much. One on the front of the bike looking forward, one on the rear looking back. I really just use it to review lines, entry speed etc. I rarely go through the time to edit and upload unless something cool happens
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:15 pm
It's the only reasonably priced way to get some halfway decent data logging and analysis capability. Anything else is thousands of :troywax:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:15 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:15 pm

It's the only reasonably priced way to get some halfway decent data logging and analysis capability. Anything else is thousands of :troywax:
wow. I feel like id benefit way more from an evo school first, so :nope:
brain go brrrrrr