But really, a fidget widget.

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

I came across these things long before it was an OT thing and honestly wanted one. Zilch supplied one as a birthday gift this morning. Just when he thought the fidgeting might get less annoying....

I don't care what any of you say, hands down the most satisfying object (that doesn't require batteries) ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:impressive:
brain go brrrrrr
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:33 am
Sno wrote:I came across these things long before it was an OT thing and honestly wanted one. Zilch supplied one as a birthday gift this morning. Just when he thought the fidgeting might get less annoying....

I don't care what any of you say, hands down the most satisfying object (that doesn't require batteries) ever.

Heck yeah it is!
YAAAASSSSSS!!!!!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:triggered:Image

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:disgust:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Where can I get one of these?
I saw them before the spinners, and they look awesome.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Melon wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:42 am Where can I get one of these?
https://widgetcube.com/

They have a V2 with even more sides and stuff on it.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:53 am
Apex wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:44 am

Do they make one with holes? :hue:
:lolol:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Melon wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:42 am Where can I get one of these?

Also currently on sale!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Sno wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:58 am

Also currently on sale!
:like:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I have touched one of those while I was in line at Target, but I didn't end up buying. Maybe another time.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Get one of these and learn some permutations. It's not as difficult as you'd think. This was my fidget spinner for years.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:50 am Get one of these and learn some permutations. It's not as difficult as you'd think. This was my fidget spinner for years.
My cousin used to have one of these laying around, and whenever I visit them, I used to play it around all the time, I just couldn't get to it like that in the picture. I think you got to be creative and have patience.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Acid666

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:54 am
Acid666 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:50 am Get one of these and learn some permutations. It's not as difficult as you'd think. This was my fidget spinner for years.
My cousin used to have one of these laying around, and whenever I visit them, I used to play it around all the time, I just couldn't get to it like that in the picture. I think you got to be creative and have patience.
Not really. It's algorithms and permutations. Takes me about 1.5 minutes to do it. And that's being rusty. That's learning like 10 or so of the permutations. If you want to break faster times like the sub 30 second range you need to learn 10 times the amount of things so you're basically moving further ahead with less moves.
TL:DR of solving a rubick's cube? You basically solve one side and a layer, and then solve the next with permutations that move single blocks over to the layer you're trying to currently solve that don't interrupt the work you've already done. It's the same 7-9 patterns for every solve.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Acid666 wrote:
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:54 am My cousin used to have one of these laying around, and whenever I visit them, I used to play it around all the time, I just couldn't get to it like that in the picture. I think you got to be creative and have patience.
Not really. It's algorithms and permutations. Takes me about 1.5 minutes to do it. And that's being rusty. That's learning like 10 or so of the permutations. If you want to break faster times like the sub 30 second range you need to learn 10 times the amount of things so you're basically moving further ahead with less moves.
TL:DR of solving a rubick's cube? You basically solve one side and a layer, and then solve the next with permutations that move single blocks over to the layer you're trying to currently solve that don't interrupt the work you've already done. It's the same 7-9 patterns for every solve.
:bruh:

Only wizards can solve them. Don't go breaking the illusion.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

But this is mindless. And that is kind of the point?
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:45 am I have touched one of those while I was in line at Target, but I didn't end up buying. Maybe another time.
I don't know how you put it back. I haven't been able to put mine down since I opened it this morning. Instant security blanket.
Acid666

Sno wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:22 am
But this is mindless. And that is kind of the point?
Hah I'm with you, but for me fidgeting has to keep my mind preoccupied. Not just mindlessly clicking and pushing ball point pen clickies.

I thought about getting one of these when I saw them on kickstarter, but I'd probably get too preoccupied with it and not get anything done since I can't just fidget and not think when I'm doing something.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I should probably buy one of these. They fit in pockets nicely?
Acid666

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:09 pm I should probably buy one of these. They fit in pockets nicely?
I'd like to know this as well. From the pictures it looks bigger than I imagined. Could be that Sno is rockin' some small ass hands tho.

If I had to choose between the widget or the spinner, it would be the widget all day.
The spinner's are the work of the devil.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I think it's a little too big to fit in the pocket. It keep mine in my work bag that goes with me everywhere. When I'm not at work, I find the cube isn't necessary.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

It's small and I actually kind of have big hands for a female. I think it's just too awkward for pocket carrying, it's very much a cube.

Zilch did mention this morning he wasn't crazy about how it fit in. His hand.

SixSpeeder
Drives: Fiat

Back in my day butterfly knives were the fidget widgets
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
Apex

Sno wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:59 pm It's small and I actually kind of have big hands for a female. I think it's just too awkward for pocket carrying, it's very much a cube.

Zilch did mention this morning he wasn't crazy about how it fit in. His hand.

You just wanted an excuse to show off your new bling. :lolol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sno wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:23 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:45 am I have touched one of those while I was in line at Target, but I didn't end up buying. Maybe another time.
I don't know how you put it back. I haven't been able to put mine down since I opened it this morning. Instant security blanket.
I did play around while I was waiting in line for good 3 minutes, until I got called next. Now I am considering getting myself one of those.