Ftfy
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote:
Johnny_P wrote:in4pics of paint correction of multi-thousand-dollar paint job
Ftfy
:impressive:

Before this forum, :waxer:, and @[user not found] the idea that you could get a brand new car and declare it in need of 40 hours of paint correction seemed impossible. I'm hoping that the car is in immaculate condition. If it isn't? I concede your post has some possibility of coming to fruition, which you know.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I'll never own a new car fancy enough to be worth paint correction out of the gate.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:I'll never own a new car fancy enough to be worth paint correction out of the gate.
You should just stop with the nahgonnahappens unless it involves goat buttsex.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote:I'll never own a new car fancy enough to be worth paint correction out of the gate.
You should just stop with the nahgonnahappens unless it involves goat buttsex.
:notsure:

I'm pretty confident that i'll never buy a car that fancy. As long as I'm with my current employer, it'll be leaselyfe, which would be ridiculous to paint correct.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote:
maxtdi wrote: Ftfy
:impressive:

Before this forum, :waxer:, and @[user not found] the idea that you could get a brand new car and declare it in need of 40 hours of paint correction seemed impossible. I'm hoping that the car is in immaculate condition. If it isn't? I concede your post has some possibility of coming to fruition, which you know.
I'm against any or all possibility of paint correction on a daily driver. To me that is full retard, but I have done stupider things in life
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

maxtdi wrote:
Johnny_P wrote:in4pics of paint correction of multi-thousand-dollar paint job
Ftfy
:lolol: :waxer:
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: :impressive:

I'm against any or all possibility of paint correction on a daily driver. To me that is full retard, but I have done stupider things in life
:dat:
Johnny_P

maxtdi wrote:

The breh at the BMW dealership regarding the black M235i.

"The car has a few grand worth of paint protection installed, look at it, the paint is in perfect condition!"
"Well it's going to be street parked in Philly so...."

:whocares:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I just realized that if I succeed in my goalz of getting an E90 328i, I'll be a poverty desertbreh. :fuckyeah:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: You should just stop with the nahgonnahappens unless it involves goat buttsex.

I'm pretty confident that i'll never buy a car that fancy. As long as I'm with my current employer, it'll be leaselyfe, which would be ridiculous to paint correct.
Well in any event @Maxtdi's point is that if you're paint correcting a new car, you likely have issues that need resolved by therapy, not a DA polisher, and he's probably right about that.

IRL, detailing cars is therapy for me, I have no artistic ability, take no pleasure in gardening/outdoor work any longer, and early Saturday mornings I have my own cars and coffee right there in the garage.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote:I just realized that if I succeed in my goalz of getting an E90 328i, I'll be a poverty desertbreh. :fuckyeah:
E90 328i Sport package manual is about as legit as you can be, just got find that Unicorn.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

maxtdi wrote:

Yeah but our daily drive is 5 miles and that is covered parking to covered parking. It's doable, in conjunction with my need to do something hands on on the weekends other than hands on a beer.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote:
maxtdi wrote: I'm against any or all possibility of paint correction on a daily driver. To me that is full retard, but I have done stupider things in life
Yeah but our daily drive is 5 miles and that is covered parking to covered parking. It's doable, in conjunction with my need to do something hands on on the weekends other than hands on a beer.
hands on :tits:
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote: :notsure:

Well in any event @Maxtdi's point is that if you're paint correcting a new car, you likely have issues that need resolved by therapy, not a DA polisher, and he's probably right about that.

IRL, detailing cars is therapy for me, I have no artistic ability, take no pleasure in gardening/outdoor work any longer, and early Saturday mornings I have my own cars and coffee right there in the garage.
I like detailing as well, when I have the time. But I'd rather make something old and shitty look old and nice then something new and shiny look...new and shiny?
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote:
D Griff wrote:I just realized that if I succeed in my goalz of getting an E90 328i, I'll be a poverty desertbreh. :fuckyeah:
E90 328i Sport package manual is about as legit as you can be, just got find that Unicorn.
e90 330i Sport pack. The :jimp: mobile. Always wanted one.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:

I could see doing that if I had a garaj mahal. Weather is nice? Go drive. Weather sucks? Work in the garage.

It's another reason I kind of want a bike - a 10x10 garage space is actually big enough to work on the thing.
max225

Detroit wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: Well in any event @Maxtdi's point is that if you're paint correcting a new car, you likely have issues that need resolved by therapy, not a DA polisher, and he's probably right about that.

I like detailing as well, when I have the time. But I'd rather make something old and shitty look old and nice then something new and shiny look...new and shiny?

troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
Desertbreh wrote: E90 328i Sport package manual is about as legit as you can be, just got find that Unicorn.
e90 330i Sport pack. The :jimp: mobile. Always wanted one.
328 can get the intake off the 330 plus an exhaust and tune to be just as good without hunting for unicorns. All you really need is a :manuel: with no sunroof - everything else can be easily swapped out.
max225

Desertbreh wrote:

I.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote:
Detroit wrote: e90 330i Sport pack. The :jimp: mobile. Always wanted one.
328 can get the intake off the 330 plus an exhaust and tune to be just as good without hunting for unicorns. All you really need is a :manuel: with no sunroof - everything else can be easily swapped out.
:ohdang:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:Hey now, don't use me as a scapegoat for your newfound detailing OCD.
Said the alcoholic to the alcoholic.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:

I was like this in my younger days but I just got tired of fucking with old stuff at some point.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote: I like detailing as well, when I have the time. But I'd rather make something old and shitty look old and nice then something new and shiny look...new and shiny?

I was like this in my younger days but I just got tired of fucking with old stuff at some point.
Wait, so you're actually going to do paint correction on a brand new car?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Desertbreh wrote:

Wait, so you're actually going to do paint correction on a brand new car?
I hope not but it's not inconceivable. Depends on paint. Massive orange peel? I'll consider it.

So, IRL update, just got an update from Susan @ Crevier. When I ordered the Champagne Metallic she showed my order as Estoril Blue and I said "We didn't order Estoril Blue." She says "yes, we change that to the custom color at such and such a date." I now have a VIN that still shows Estoril Blue. Emailed her saying, "It's not Estoril Blue, right?" No response.