The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

coogles wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:38 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:35 pm YTHO? Hunting down a more wife friendly replacement?
:nope:

No plans to replace it with anything.
:(
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:44 pm :pouroneout:

I’m going to shoot this to :melon: , he really dug the 86.
Thanks man. Would love to see it go to a good home.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:16 am
coogles wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:38 pm

:nope:

No plans to replace it with anything.
Eh. I filled up the car on April 28th with 2,948 miles (dumb engineering brain wants to track that shit). 3,782 miles now, so 834 miles in the prime 6 months for sporty driving. I just don't drive it, and I'm tired of making payments plus paying to insure and register something I never use.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

coogles wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:55 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:16 am

Eh. I filled up the car on April 28th with 2,948 miles (dumb engineering brain wants to track that shit). 3,782 miles now, so 834 miles in the prime 6 months for sporty driving. I just don't drive it, and I'm tired of making payments plus paying to insure and register something I never use.
I get it. I'd probably do the same, but buy a 3-5k miata....like i actually did lol.

This season of life will pass once your kids are all in skool, and perhaps you can revisit cars.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

The plan is to go back to school for my PT doctorate once the kids are all in school. :tits: will be my sugar mama for a couple years while I'm doing that, but ditching the 86 now will also allow us to save more for those tuition costs so we hopefully don't have to take out loans. I'm tired of the tech company life and want to move into something I actually have some real interest in. I think my underlying lack of interest has a lot to do with my stagnant career here as well. I feel like I put a lot of effort in, but it may just be that I'm mentally fatigued and really don't have enough to give to this place.

I'm also working on two different coaching certs right now whenever I have some down time, and the plan is to outfit the garage to be able to do some training on the side out of there.

It's going to be a long time before I dick around with cars again, if ever.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Another attempt at a balanced existence shot down by the impracticality of mixing a sportscar with a crotchfruit farm. Godspeed Minivan Commander.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:20 am The plan is to go back to school for my PT doctorate once the kids are all in school. :tits: will be my sugar mama for a couple years while I'm doing that, but ditching the 86 now will also allow us to save more for those tuition costs so we hopefully don't have to take out loans. I'm tired of the tech company life and want to move into something I actually have some real interest in. I think my underlying lack of interest has a lot to do with my stagnant career here as well. I feel like I put a lot of effort in, but it may just be that I'm mentally fatigued and really don't have enough to give to this place.

I'm also working on two different coaching certs right now whenever I have some down time, and the plan is to outfit the garage to be able to do some training on the side out of there.

:amazing: Good for you man.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

coogles wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:20 am The plan is to go back to school for my PT doctorate once the kids are all in school. :tits: will be my sugar mama for a couple years while I'm doing that, but ditching the 86 now will also allow us to save more for those tuition costs so we hopefully don't have to take out loans. I'm tired of the tech company life and want to move into something I actually have some real interest in. I think my underlying lack of interest has a lot to do with my stagnant career here as well. I feel like I put a lot of effort in, but it may just be that I'm mentally fatigued and really don't have enough to give to this place.

PT as in physical therapy?

what do you now in tech with a medical degree? 30's is real late to be doing a huge gearchange in career, especially one that requires more skool.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:02 am

PT as in physical therapy?

what do you now in tech with a medical degree? 30's is real late to be doing a huge gearchange in career, especially one that requires more skool.
He doesn't. He has a happy life making people feel better physically. If you have any motivation at all you can open your own sports PT shop and become the man, not work for him.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

:( Another one bites the dust.

:pouroneout:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Back to car stuff.. 31 sounds like a great deal. Curious how quickly it will sell… I’m frequently Toying with the 86 idea myself
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:02 am PT as in physical therapy?

Physical Therapy, correct. I don't have a medical degree, I have an accounting degree.

There are 7 prerequisites I need to complete before applying to PT school, which I'm going to be starting on during this upcoming summer semester. Once I'm done with 6 of them and have the 7th in progress, I can apply to PT school.

I've had an interest in training, rehab & prehab for years. I spend far more time reading and learning about it than I do adding skills for my actual job. I've had more than one physical therapist I've gone to tell me I'd make a good one, and I even had a chiropractor ask me if I was one. When I told her I'm not she said, "Well, you should be."

So I'm going to. I'll need to stick out the current gig to make ends meet until we're done with daycare bills, but after that it's back to school for me. I'd like to work at a sports performance type of outfit, working with athletes mostly, but the goal big picture is to take a PT background plus these training certifications I'm working on now (& more in the future) to open and own my own gym. The doctor of PT degree is for 1) credibility, but also 2) a steady paycheck if the gym thing never comes to fruition or fails.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:01 am :amazing: Good for you man.
Thanks dude.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:32 am

Physical Therapy, correct. I don't have a medical degree, I have an accounting degree.

There are 7 prerequisites I need to complete before applying to PT school, which I'm going to be starting on during this upcoming summer semester. Once I'm done with 6 of them and have the 7th in progress, I can apply to PT school.

I've had an interest in training, rehab & prehab for years. I spend far more time reading and learning about it than I do adding skills for my actual job. I've had more than one physical therapist I've gone to tell me I'd make a good one, and I even had a chiropractor ask me if I was one. When I told her I'm not she said, "Well, you should be."

So I'm going to. I'll need to stick out the current gig to make ends meet until we're done with daycare bills, but after that it's back to school for me. I'd like to work at a sports performance type of outfit, working with athletes mostly, but the goal big picture is to take a PT background plus these training certifications I'm working on now (& more in the future) to open and own my own gym. The doctor of PT degree is for 1) credibility, but also 2) a steady paycheck if the gym thing never comes to fruition or fails.
Happy for you man. Life is too short to do something you don't like if it can be avoided and this is an awesome step. Sounds like it's well thought out and you have the spousal support, so why not go for it? No better time than now.

While it's sad to see the car go, it sounds like it's part of a bigger, better plan; small sacrifice in the end (particularly since you're not using it much) for a more fulfilling life.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:01 pm Happy for you man. Life is too short to do something you don't like if it can be avoided and this is an awesome step. Sounds like it's well thought out and you have the spousal support, so why not go for it? No better time than now.

While it's sad to see the car go, it sounds like it's part of a bigger, better plan; small sacrifice in the end (particularly since you're not using it much) for a more fulfilling life.
Thanks man. Having a career I give a shit about is way more important to me than a car I never drive.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

coogles wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:32 am

sounds like a solid plan.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

What certs are you going for? I kick the idea around here and there. Most people in the BB world have no cheers and just offer online coaching.. I’ve coached a few people as lifestyle clients, but wouldn’t feel comfortable coaching anyone through a contest prep without some formal knowledge/training. J3 University is on my short list of stuff I’m considering.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:34 pm What certs are you going for? I kick the idea around here and there. Most people in the BB world have no cheers and just offer online coaching.. I’ve coached a few people as lifestyle clients, but wouldn’t feel comfortable coaching anyone through a contest prep without some formal knowledge/training. J3 University is on my short list of stuff I’m considering.
The two (three) I'm working on are the ATG Level 1 & 2 Certs (https://www.atgforcoaches.com/) and the CPPS Level 1 cert (https://cppscoaches.com/). Neither is focused on bodybuilding, really, they're more about athletic performance and movement quality.

I'm farthest along with the ATG stuff. They have 10 movement standards you have to meet to pass the cert. You have to do all 10 yourself, and then coach another person through all ten to prove you can teach them as well. I've done all of the Level 1 forms already, they're at a lower level because they're just about the movement itself with no weight/loading requirements. I'm coaching my wife through those 10 to complete my Level 1 and we're just about done, just trying to tweak & improve her split squat form a bit.

Level 2 is quite a bit harder, each standard has a loading requirement that's a certain % of bodyweight. I'm through 7 of those 10, but I have some work to do on the other 3. Then I need to find someone to coach through all of the Level 2 standards, they're beyond what my wife will be capable of.

The CPPS cert is LONG. Incredibly informative, but man it's a lot.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

coogles wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:24 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:01 pm Happy for you man. Life is too short to do something you don't like if it can be avoided and this is an awesome step. Sounds like it's well thought out and you have the spousal support, so why not go for it? No better time than now.

Thanks man. Having a career I give a shit about is way more important to me than a car I never drive.
:notwrong:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

coogles wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:45 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:34 pm What certs are you going for? I kick the idea around here and there. Most people in the BB world have no cheers and just offer online coaching.. I’ve coached a few people as lifestyle clients, but wouldn’t feel comfortable coaching anyone through a contest prep without some formal knowledge/training. J3 University is on my short list of stuff I’m considering.
The two (three) I'm working on are the ATG Level 1 & 2 Certs (https://www.atgforcoaches.com/) and the CPPS Level 1 cert (https://cppscoaches.com/). Neither is focused on bodybuilding, really, they're more about athletic performance and movement quality.

I'm farthest along with the ATG stuff. They have 10 movement standards you have to meet to pass the cert. You have to do all 10 yourself, and then coach another person through all ten to prove you can teach them as well. I've done all of the Level 1 forms already, they're at a lower level because they're just about the movement itself with no weight/loading requirements. I'm coaching my wife through those 10 to complete my Level 1 and we're just about done, just trying to tweak & improve her split squat form a bit.

Level 2 is quite a bit harder, each standard has a loading requirement that's a certain % of bodyweight. I'm through 7 of those 10, but I have some work to do on the other 3. Then I need to find someone to coach through all of the Level 2 standards, they're beyond what my wife will be capable of.

Nice. I figured yours would be more athletic performance oriented given your preferred training style and goals. Hope it works out for you. Might just inspire me to finally make the leap myself.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

That's awesome.

I was actually encouraging :melon: to stop by here when we were together at TOTD to speak with one of the two of you guys about a training program. He lost over 150 pounds and looks great but is hoping to get a program in place to gain a bit of muscle and add in some sort of weight training.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:35 pm

That's awesome.

I was actually encouraging :melon: to stop by here when we were together at TOTD to speak with one of the two of you guys about a training program. He lost over 150 pounds and looks great but is hoping to get a program in place to gain a bit of muscle and add in some sort of weight training.
Yeah the dude is barely recognizable.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:35 pm That's awesome.

Holy wow, that's amazing! Dude must at least be doing something right.

If you chat with him, my initial suggestion would be to send him to Jason Brown (the EVOLV program).

https://www.jasonbrowncoaching.com/

His programs are 3 full body days per week plus specific conditioning protocols. That way if a workout gets missed all of the foundational movement patterns are still covered, and it includes conditioning options beyond just running and biking to try to keep things interesting. It's a great blueprint for a beginning to weight training, IMO.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:30 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:35 pm That's awesome.

Holy wow, that's amazing! Dude must at least be doing something right.

If you chat with him, my initial suggestion would be to send him to Jason Brown (the EVOLV program).

https://www.jasonbrowncoaching.com/

His programs are 3 full body days per week plus specific conditioning protocols. That way if a workout gets missed all of the foundational movement patterns are still covered, and it includes conditioning options beyond just running and biking to try to keep things interesting. It's a great blueprint for a beginning to weight training, IMO.
You just have to be more tired of being fat than you are of being hungry.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:34 pm You just have to be more tired of being fat than you are of being hungry.
Easier said than done. 1lb = 3,500 calories, 150lb is 525,000 calories. That's the equivalent to 262.5 days of eating nothing for someone on a 2,000 calorie per day diet.