The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:33 pm
coogles wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:13 pm

:bruh: I'm already dailying a minivan. Now I need to drive an automatic PCar to make the wife happy? FML.
I loved her but the man pedal destroyed our relationship.
Gotta draw the line somewhere.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 pm

Maybe its just time to change who you are and like the Pcar since asking a woman to change is like asking Putin to retire.
:bruh: I'm already dailying a minivan. Now I need to drive an automatic PCar to make the wife happy? FML.
:dat:

The whole :tits: can't drive :manuel: like once/month or whatever is such a :bs: :pout: :seriously: argument.

Like, my mom is the worst driver I've ever ridden with and daily drove a manual in Lake Effect PA winters for decades. :whocares: I'm not asking anyone to 'suffer through it' everyday but being willing to drive it once in a blue moon jst feels like a small ask when the dude is chopping his :dong: off like 90% of the time in most relationships.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:36 pm

The whole :tits: can't drive :manuel: like once/month or whatever is such a :bs: :pout: :seriously: argument.

Like, my mom is the worst driver I've ever ridden with and daily drove a manual in Lake Effect PA winters for decades. :whocares: I'm not asking anyone to 'suffer through it' everyday but being willing to drive it once in a blue moon jst feels like a small ask when the dude is chopping his :dong: off like 90% of the time in most relationships.
All aboard the Express Train to Cucktown.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:38 pm

Am I :wrong: though? Not throwing any shade, I'm on this boat as much as the next guy... but like most major life decisions are :tits: driven, particularly housing. Find me a dude who actually picked where he lives if he isn't single. Being slightly inconvenienced by a manual once a month just feels like a really tiny ask and yet it seems to have been refused by almost every DFD member's wife.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:40 pm

Am I :wrong: though? Not throwing any shade, I'm on this boat as much as the next guy... but like most major life decisions are :tits: driven, particularly housing. Find me a dude who actually picked where he lives if he isn't single. Being slightly inconvenienced by a manual once a month just feels like a really tiny ask and yet it seems to have been refused by almost every DFD member's wife.
Pro tip! Drive your :manuel: to dinner, get hammered drunk, make your wife drive home. Nothing like forcibly learning on the fly!

Follow me for more marriage advice!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:47 pm

Pro tip! Drive your :manuel: to dinner, get hammered drunk, make your wife drive home. Nothing like forcibly learning on the fly!

That would work, Allison already can drive, just won’t :lolol: But I stand by what I said, has Kat ever driven a manual when you weren’t in the car?
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:49 pm
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:47 pm

That would work, Allison already can drive, just won’t :lolol: But I stand by what I said, has Kat ever driven a manual when you weren’t in the car?
Haha! Nope! It’s not that she wouldn’t, she is afraid she’ll wreck or something and I’ll be mad.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

I'm confused by this whole thing. I give Mrs. H full decision making over a lot of things we do: all decorating for the house, what renovation projects get priority etc. When it comes to cars, she knows that's my world and gives zero shits about what I drive. Hell, she even let's me have a large input on what she drives. I'll ask her what she thinks of my car choices, but even if she hates it, she doesn't really care in the end.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

MrH42 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:28 pm I'm confused by this whole thing. I give Mrs. H full decision making over a lot of things we do: all decorating for the house, what renovation projects get priority etc. When it comes to cars, she knows that's my world and gives zero shits about what I drive. Hell, she even let's me have a large input on what she drives. I'll ask her what she thinks of my car choices, but even if she hates it, she doesn't really care in the end.
My wife and I combine finances 100%. At this point the 86 is entirely for my enjoyment - a really big expense for one half of the equation.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Yeah I mean she just won't drive it at all. See prior post.

It's not like she's making me sell it, but I get the "This car is only for you. I said yes to make you happy" spiel every so often and I'm sure it'll be used against me eventually. :lolol:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

coogles wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:38 pm
MrH42 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:28 pm I'm confused by this whole thing. I give Mrs. H full decision making over a lot of things we do: all decorating for the house, what renovation projects get priority etc. When it comes to cars, she knows that's my world and gives zero shits about what I drive. Hell, she even let's me have a large input on what she drives. I'll ask her what she thinks of my car choices, but even if she hates it, she doesn't really care in the end.
My wife and I combine finances 100%. At this point the 86 is entirely for my enjoyment - a really big expense for one half of the equation.
Does she make what you make ?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

She makes quite a bit more.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

coogles wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:12 pm She makes quite a bit more.
:nice:

What do you have? The 86 and the minivan? Anything else?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

MrH42 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:19 pm
coogles wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:12 pm She makes quite a bit more.

2013 Odyssey EX-L
2019 Atlas SE w/tech
2022 GR86 Premium
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

More or less same assuming we can afford it, hence why I drive a dumb whorange car. BUT if she was willing to drive it every once in a while, it would make things a lot easier once in a while. (Like if I needed the Jeep to transport people or shit). The PDK Boxster seems along a similar vein.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

coogles wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:20 pm
MrH42 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:19 pm

2013 Odyssey EX-L
2019 Atlas SE w/tech
2022 GR86 Premium
Ah, that explains it. I would personally sell the 86, upgrade the minivan, and get a cheaper fun car. It doesn't make a lot of sense to have a huge portion of your vehicle budget in the fun car that rarely gets driven. Always spend more on the dailies.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

You’re on point today lol