Brad's Garage, It's not easy being Green

Strut your greasy stuff!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:15 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:14 am

no. But cashflow is cashflow, and the money is 'spent' one way or another. Might as well get on with the business of getting a car i can enjoy more.
Enjoy more because you spend less on it?

:notsure: This seems like a :derp: :plac: move to me.
I have a serious lack of cashflow issue. Not enough money to do the things I want. This is an easy thing to cut out. Yes I have to 'write a check' to get rid of it, but IMHO I run a real risk of being stuck with the fucking thing if I dont move soon. Hell it may be too late already.

My other option is to DD it in traffic and wait for the odds to catch up to me.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:29 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:15 am
Enjoy more because you spend less on it?

:notsure: This seems like a :derp: :plac: move to me.
I have a serious lack of cashflow issue. Not enough money to do the things I want. This is an easy thing to cut out. Yes I have to 'write a check' to get rid of it, but IMHO I run a real risk of being stuck with the fucking thing if I dont move soon. Hell it may be too late already.

Ah, cashflow is a bitch. It's why I like keeping my monthly obligations as low as possible.

I guess I get it...but man, IIRC you paid quite a bit for that thing YOLO style with the plan of holding onto it. Seems like staying the course is the right option, it's a badass ride.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:37 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:29 am

Ah, cashflow is a bitch. It's why I like keeping my monthly obligations as low as possible.

I guess I get it...but man, IIRC you paid quite a bit for that thing YOLO style with the plan of holding onto it. Seems like staying the course is the right option, it's a badass ride.
yea, and i can afford to let it sit in the fucking garage and not go anywhere or do anything with it.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:37 am Ah, cashflow is a bitch. It's why I like keeping my monthly obligations as low as possible.

yea, and i can afford to let it sit in the fucking garage and not go anywhere or do anything with it.
This is why I sold my car.
ChrisoftheNorth

I just don't understand why you don't drive it?

I guess it's because my DD is a snoozefest, but I love DDing :eeyore:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

PLACON 2, this is not looking good for me :( :rage:
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:49 am PLACON 2, this is not looking good for me :( :rage:
Take your time dude, it took me like 8 months to fully get rid of my car in a way that sort of made sense... and it will be another who knows how long to figure out the next step.

Easy for me to say, but since you're in a nice non-modded BMW I'd just drive the damn thing in the meantime. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will get run over by an airboat or lost in a flood? Total loss, problem solved. :plac: engage at full :plaid:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:56 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:49 am PLACON 2, this is not looking good for me :( :rage:
Take your time dude, it took me like 8 months to fully get rid of my car in a way that sort of made sense... and it will be another who knows how long to figure out the next step.

Easy for me to say, but since you're in a nice non-modded BMW I'd just drive the damn thing in the meantime. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will get run over by an airboat or lost in a flood? Total loss, problem solved. :plac: engage at full :plaid:
Yea. sure.

also i retract my 'fuck carmax forever statement' They are actually quite in line with the offers i'm getting
sooper :disappoint: :facepalm: :spinulator: :triggered: :rage:
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

Can you not autox the car stock and have it be pretty decent for relatively little money?
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:00 am
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:56 am

Yea. sure.

also i retract my 'fuck carmax forever statement' They are actually quite in line with the offers i'm getting
How "low" are these offers you are getting?
ChrisoftheNorth

Depreciation of premium badges is a bitch.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:07 am Can you not autox the car stock and have it be pretty decent for relatively little money?
sink almost 3k into a wheel and tire setup?

:nope:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:05 am

Yea. sure.

Try using the KBB instant cash offer tool if a diller has a Miata you want.

I used it to off myself of the first Forks.
it's still low enough that it puts me 9k upside down. So then i'm 20k into a 10k car. and my payment is lower, but not as low as I'd like. Also won't get good rate financing like that.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:08 am

Yea. sure.

How "low" are these offers you are getting?
we are iterating down on between 18-21. The KBB thing was 21 i think.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:05 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:05 am

Try using the KBB instant cash offer tool if a diller has a Miata you want.

I used it to off myself of the first Forks.
it's still low enough that it puts me 9k upside down. So then i'm 20k into a 10k car. and my payment is lower, but not as low as I'd like. Also won't get good rate financing like that.
:ohdang:
ChrisoftheNorth

And the KBB thing is fake. At least, it was for me...they knock it down at least $1k for dis dat and the other. Still an easy way to off cars.

Damn breh...looks like you got the fancy miata for a while. Just fucking drive it and enjoy.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:15 pm And the KBB thing is fake. At least, it was for me...they knock it down at least $1k for dis dat and the other. Still an easy way to off cars.

Damn breh...looks like you got the fancy miata for a while. Just fucking drive it and enjoy.
go away
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:19 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:15 pm And the KBB thing is fake. At least, it was for me...they knock it down at least $1k for dis dat and the other. Still an easy way to off cars.

I had good luck with it. First diller was "Yup, we'll give you that for your truck." Even offered to buy it off me, but I wanted the tax credit on trade.

2nd diller I fought a little on, but it was a legitimate battle... I tried to slide some prior damage past them that the other place didn't notice. :dillerman:

I ended up going with the 2nd diller because I traded the truck in on the current one. Needed a quick way to minimize any losses and get into something that started when the temperature was below 30°F.

It all depends on the diller, but if you plug it in, you can shotgun out a few leads to some dealers and see what comes back without even leaving the house.
I'm sure it works better when you're negotiating trade than straight sail.

I didn't have the option to try other dealers. When I put the KBB thing in for the Saab, it directed me to only one dealer. Fortunately, I won't be dealing with this :bs: for a while.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:16 pm

go away
:fax: breh.
troyguitar

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:07 am Can you not autox the car stock and have it be pretty decent for relatively little money?

I meant run it as-is and get real tires on the stock wheels whenever you kill the current tarz. Zero dollars now, under $1k later.
Desertbreh

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:14 am Depreciation of premium badges is a bitch.
:dat:

Big time.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:30 pm

I meant run it as-is and get real tires on the stock wheels whenever you kill the current tarz. Zero dollars now, under $1k later.
tires for this car are like a 1500 dollar exercise. fucking staggered 19's
:facepalm: :angry: :(
brain go brrrrrr
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gotta pay to play. Premium badges are not for the poors.
troyguitar

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:41 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:30 pm

tires for this car are like a 1500 dollar exercise. fucking staggered 19's
:facepalm: :angry: :(
Ultimate Driving Machine
Desertbreh

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:16 pm

Holy fuck.

Just drive it.
My reaction as well. Brad, have you made calculations as far as when you might be LESS fubared? This is like a literal Plac move here. Those don't work out well, you'll be down to your last bag of peas.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.