Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:09 pm
My payment is $325. $300 goes to the truck.

I got nearly $8k off. My employee discount was worth like $6k, then they tacked on $2k in extra cap cost reduction. The truck had been sitting for a few months, so I think they wanted it moved. It was a "leftover" 2017 at the time, plus I leased my Silverado from them so they wanted to keep me happy? I also hit them up right before I knew they had to post sales for their mid-month bonus.

It is the most :unicorn: ZR2 deal I've ever read about. Most people can't get much under MSRP on the things.
$8k off is nuts.

My GMFF discount on a $44k ZR2 w/Bose & Nav would be $3522.
I know, right? This :dill: is why I'd have a hard time finding something else for the same truck. Nomatter what, I'll be paying more for the same truck if I give it back.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:21 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:12 am
Oh wow, the idiocy is spreading. Should have rammed that shit in an SUV ZFG.
I don't know guise. that stuff would have fit in a MK6 and the hatch would still close.

:wasteful:
:dat:
Obviously.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Hey I haven't checked the truck thread in a few days wonder whats going on in there

So glad I finally got to experience the DFD way of hatred towards something you like. Really not sure how I even keep my shitheap of a truck on the road. 15 months 30k miles 1 issue - a noisy clutch pedal. Better go get a chevy so I can get some cred. I agree though the TRD Pro offerings are weak and I wouldn't spend my cash on one.

I probably look like that bozo infront of the corolla
ChrisoftheNorth

dtraill27 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:39 am Hey I haven't checked the truck thread in a few days wonder whats going on in there

So glad I finally got to experience the DFD way of hatred towards something you like. Really not sure how I even keep my shitheap of a truck on the road. 15 months 30k miles 1 issue - a noisy clutch pedal. Better go get a chevy so I can get some cred. I agree though the TRD Pro offerings are weak and I wouldn't spend my cash on one.

Nah, man. Ford is the best. Unless someone has one, then it’s the worst.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:49 am
dtraill27 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:39 am Hey I haven't checked the truck thread in a few days wonder whats going on in there

Nah, man. Ford is the best. Unless someone has one, then it’s the worst.
:dat: is the DFD way.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:37 pm Image
:fuckyeah: Love this.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Yea didn't you know that you drive the worst midsize truck ever, only someone with a deathwish and a pea brain would get it over the Colorado which is clearly the best by a landslide.

Even more ironic... or moronic... i was defending a :truk:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:02 pm

Yea didn't you know that you drive the worst midsize truck ever, only someone with a deathwish and a pea brain would get it over the Colorado which is clearly the best by a landslide.

Even more ironic... or moronic... i was defending a :truk:
:bruh:

He wants a Ford. It's the only one none of us own yet, so it's clearly the best.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:49 pm The one thing I do love about the Tacoma is the aftermarket wheel selection.

Ain't nothing available for mah truk.
Your truk comes with great fucktory wheels
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:09 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:39 pm

Your truk comes with great fucktory wheels
It does, actually.

I really would love a set of these doe.

https://www.stealthcustomseries.com/products/f5
SCS is great, I was pretty close to going with them but I had the hookup with my friend at jack williams. There is a guy on my street with the current gen 4runner on bronze Ray 10s and KO2s. Looks sick
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I love your truck doe Dave
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:37 pm Image
:notbad:
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:36 pm

Blue hood scoop tractors gotta stick together
Johnny_P

dtraill27 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:17 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:36 pm

:wub:

I wonder how bad your truk is to parallel park. I'd seriously love to get a pickup next. But I'd want the automatic which is apparently kill yourself levels of annoying.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:07 pm
dtraill27 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:17 pm

I wonder how bad your truk is to parallel park. I'd seriously love to get a pickup next. But I'd want the automatic which is apparently kill yourself levels of annoying.
Mines honestly pretty easy to parallel park, I just have to remember the I leave the hitch on the damn thing. The backup camera helps a lot, but if you're good at parallel parking on a regular basis, and pay attention to the size of the truck and space, it's not much different than parking a car normally.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Yeah I don't do it frequently but I've done it a handful of times and its pretty easy. Especially with the back up cam. Only challenge would be finding a spot long enough since your looking at about 1.5 feet longer. Depending on how long you wait maybe there will be a refresh/update on the taco. From what I've read the transmission update they came out with fixed most of the complaints. My brother in law has the same truck but in black and I don't think I've ever heard him mention a complaint
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:34 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:07 pm

Biggest issue is finding a spot big enough in the shitty.

I've visited a friend in Manyunk many times and the backup cam + sensors make it mad easy once you find that :unicorn: spot.
Yeah it's probably :notbad: really but would involve circling a few times to find that extra long spot.
Johnny_P

dtraill27 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:29 am Yeah I don't do it frequently but I've done it a handful of times and its pretty easy. Especially with the back up cam. Only challenge would be finding a spot long enough since your looking at about 1.5 feet longer. Depending on how long you wait maybe there will be a refresh/update on the taco. From what I've read the transmission update they came out with fixed most of the complaints. My brother in law has the same truck but in black and I don't think I've ever heard him mention a complaint
Start talking about it now, make a move in 3 years seems to be my routine.

:notbad: Might have a bumper reskin by then but I doubt any mechanical changes. Taco will live on with drum brakes through 2025.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:47 pm https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/20 ... est-review

Titan XD gets roasted.

I figured that V8 Cummins would be a peach; guess not.
Itsa turd. I drove one at our test track last summer and was :disappoint:

Though I'd chalk the multiple repair attempts to lack of technician experience.
Coolant loss - not on the ground, or in the oil is an EGR cooler 9 out 10 times.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Engines are built here. There was a couple of re-works going on, but the plant was otherwise empty. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:47 pm https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/20 ... est-review

Titan XD gets roasted.

I figured that V8 Cummins would be a peach; guess not.
It's a hideous :truk: too. :disappoint:
ChrisoftheNorth

4zilch wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:59 pm Engines are built here. There was a couple of re-works going on, but the plant was otherwise empty. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not a good sign.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:01 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:24 pm

It's a hideous :truk: too. :disappoint:
The XD is particularly bad.

I don't think the regular Titan looks awful, and for 2018, they're eliminating those stupid faux fender vents.

But the XD is all kinds of fugly with the long front overhang.

Yeah, the XD is fugly. The regular isn't as bad, but still too bulbous for my tastes. Previous gen Titan looks way better to me.
ChrisoftheNorth

The new Titan looks like a caricature Chinese chock-off of a pickup.

:gag: in every way.