Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 24821
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: Trailcock / Jizz Rocket
Location: Dirty JerZ

Fri May 22, 2020 11:49 pm

max225 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:46 pm
Zillon wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:35 pm


I’ve set some basic criteria:
Under 100k miles
Clean Carfax (minor damage reported ok, depending on price)
4wd and V6
Preferably not black or another color close to black.
If a Tacoma, must have had a new frame installed

Been watching this one, had Fled check the Toyota service history. Has a new frame and good one-owner dealer history.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... /overview/
It’s 14 years old .... damn still 50% of msrp. Why don’t you lease for $3xx a month ?
I don’t want a new truck, that’s the thing. Or to be pinned down by a payment like I am right now.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillermangler Extraordinaire
Garage: 2019 Trailcock | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Bender wrote:Lulz you don't respect science. You respect fake science that validates your pre-existing opinions.

User avatar
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 28720
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: JCW Clowncar

Sat May 23, 2020 12:05 am

Zillon wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:49 pm
max225 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:46 pm

It’s 14 years old .... damn still 50% of msrp. Why don’t you lease for $3xx a month ?
I don’t want a new truck, that’s the thing. Or to be pinned down by a payment like I am right now.
I feel ya, just a hard market to be in. Even now :-/ unless you go :doge: ram
Last edited by max225 on Sat May 23, 2020 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 24821
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: Trailcock / Jizz Rocket
Location: Dirty JerZ

Sat May 23, 2020 12:07 am

The other thing that fucks everything up is that trucks rust into pieces out here.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillermangler Extraordinaire
Garage: 2019 Trailcock | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Bender wrote:Lulz you don't respect science. You respect fake science that validates your pre-existing opinions.

User avatar
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Posts: 898
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:38 pm
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Sat May 23, 2020 12:59 am

Zillon wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:07 am
The other thing that fucks everything up is that trucks rust into pieces out here.
https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto ... 70338.html

:neat: Priced really high. I can smell the stench in that truck from here. I wouldn't pay more than 6-7k for a tacoma in general though.

User avatar
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 28720
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: JCW Clowncar

Sat May 23, 2020 2:54 am

NeonJonny wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:59 am
Zillon wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:07 am
The other thing that fucks everything up is that trucks rust into pieces out here.
https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto ... 70338.html

:neat: Priced really high. I can smell the stench in that truck from here. I wouldn't pay more than 6-7k for a tacoma in general though.
Bum truck that someone literally lived in

User avatar
D Griff
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 15534
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:49 am
Drives: Brub Tub and Kamry \\W

Sat May 23, 2020 8:08 am

Dang man, tough spot to shop as you’ve got your poverty level sub $10k trucks and your new options, everything in between is near poverty quality for near new pricing.

Pull a Mini move and find your old Frontier and re-acquire?

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 24821
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: Trailcock / Jizz Rocket
Location: Dirty JerZ

Sat May 23, 2020 9:56 am

D Griff wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:08 am
Dang man, tough spot to shop as you’ve got your poverty level sub $10k trucks and your new options, everything in between is near poverty quality for near new pricing.

Pull a Mini move and find your old Frontier and re-acquire?
Was involved in an accident after I traded it. :nope:
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillermangler Extraordinaire
Garage: 2019 Trailcock | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Bender wrote:Lulz you don't respect science. You respect fake science that validates your pre-existing opinions.

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 36863
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Sat May 23, 2020 10:15 am

You gonna be towing the mini around or just the tiny house?

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 24821
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: Trailcock / Jizz Rocket
Location: Dirty JerZ

Sat May 23, 2020 10:36 am

Johnny_P wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:15 am
You gonna be towing the mini around or just the tiny house?
Just the tiny house.

I've given thought to a fullsize a couple times, but then remember how yuge they are and get :disgust:

It's beyond my needs and they're annoying to park.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillermangler Extraordinaire
Garage: 2019 Trailcock | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Bender wrote:Lulz you don't respect science. You respect fake science that validates your pre-existing opinions.

User avatar
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Posts: 898
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:38 pm
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Sat May 23, 2020 11:20 am

My listing was a joke but have you at all considered buying one out here or arizona? Flights don't cost much. Now is the time to take advantage of buying out of state away from rust ridden specimens. Do you think they'll cost more out here with the same year/mileage?

Full sized trucks definitely are a pain to park. Not as much fun either to wheel. Are the new silverados bigger than say a 2005 model year?
Speaking of silverados some old man backed into my mom's fusion yesterday. :(

More truck news...I'm getting my marriage license on Tuesday at Honda Center (Duck pond) so I just might go look at a Ferd :truk: on the way home.

User avatar
CaleDeRoo
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 4080
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:46 pm
Drives: C5
Location: Western NY

Sat May 23, 2020 1:28 pm

Zillon wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:36 am
Johnny_P wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:15 am
You gonna be towing the mini around or just the tiny house?
Just the tiny house.

I've given thought to a fullsize a couple times, but then remember how yuge they are and get :disgust:

It's beyond my needs and they're annoying to park.
First gen Tundra? The tweener model? Not sure what the market is on those


https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/271631980

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/270438925

User avatar
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 28720
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 am
Drives: JCW Clowncar

Sat May 23, 2020 1:36 pm

CaleDeRoo wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:28 pm
Zillon wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:36 am


Just the tiny house.

I've given thought to a fullsize a couple times, but then remember how yuge they are and get :disgust:

It's beyond my needs and they're annoying to park.
First gen Tundra? The tweener model? Not sure what the market is on those


https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/271631980

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/270438925
That’s actually a very decent idea

User avatar
fledonfoot
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3512
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:33 pm
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Sat May 23, 2020 2:37 pm

max225 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:36 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:28 pm

First gen Tundra? The tweener model? Not sure what the market is on those


https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/271631980

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/270438925
That’s actually a very decent idea
market is strong, but they are also rustbuckets with random frame replacements.

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 24821
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: Trailcock / Jizz Rocket
Location: Dirty JerZ

Sat May 23, 2020 2:39 pm

fledonfoot wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:37 pm
max225 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:36 pm


That’s actually a very decent idea
market is strong, but they are also rustbuckets with random frame replacements.
:dat:

Hard to find a cleanish one.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillermangler Extraordinaire
Garage: 2019 Trailcock | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Bender wrote:Lulz you don't respect science. You respect fake science that validates your pre-existing opinions.

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 36863
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Sat May 23, 2020 4:16 pm

First gen tundras are great. Excellent V8 in those.

User avatar
D Griff
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 15534
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:49 am
Drives: Brub Tub and Kamry \\W

Sat May 23, 2020 10:40 pm

Johnny_P wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:16 pm
First gen tundras are great. Excellent V8 in those.
:dat: I think it’s a pretty good idea. They’re nice looking and a good size.

User avatar
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Posts: 36863
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 am
Drives: Burble
Location: Blowin' fat stacks in Philly

Sat May 23, 2020 10:45 pm

D Griff wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:40 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:16 pm
First gen tundras are great. Excellent V8 in those.
:dat: I think it’s a pretty good idea. They’re nice looking and a good size.
Just avoid the step side :yikes: :gag:

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 24821
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: Trailcock / Jizz Rocket
Location: Dirty JerZ

Mon May 25, 2020 11:27 am

2005/2006 would be the most ideal if I can find one. :iono:

But like Fled said... can be rustbuckets.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillermangler Extraordinaire
Garage: 2019 Trailcock | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Bender wrote:Lulz you don't respect science. You respect fake science that validates your pre-existing opinions.

User avatar
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Posts: 898
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:38 pm
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Thu May 28, 2020 12:51 am

Zillon wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:27 am
2005/2006 would be the most ideal if I can find one. :iono:

But like Fled said... can be rustbuckets.
What's your time limit before you start expanding your horizons? How long have you been looking? Sometimes that is the fun part. Almost giving up and finding a goodie.
It took me 7 months of looking for a clean s2000 and i gave up. Bought the first z06 i found and it was 5 miles from my house. Immaculate car :fax:
Its taken me 6 months to find the diesel I want and now I'm gun shy because it's too clean. :facepalm:

User avatar
Zillon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 24821
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm
Drives: Trailcock / Jizz Rocket
Location: Dirty JerZ

Thu May 28, 2020 12:54 am

NeonJonny wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:51 am
Zillon wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:27 am
2005/2006 would be the most ideal if I can find one. :iono:

But like Fled said... can be rustbuckets.
What's your time limit before you start expanding your horizons? How long have you been looking? Sometimes that is the fun part. Almost giving up and finding a goodie.
It took me 7 months of looking for a clean s2000 and i gave up. Bought the first z06 i found and it was 5 miles from my house. Immaculate car :fax:
Its taken me 6 months to find the diesel I want and now I'm gun shy because it's too clean. :facepalm:
All the time in the world for now.

Trade value on the Trailcock will likely take another hit with the bankruptcy of rental car agencies, market is all fucked up right now.
Zildor the Magnificent
Mazderp Dillermangler Extraordinaire
Garage: 2019 Trailcock | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Bender wrote:Lulz you don't respect science. You respect fake science that validates your pre-existing opinions.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests