President Trump

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

maxtdi wrote:I am also glad the media is finally getting their fair share of backlash for reporting bullshit for god knows how long... unfortunately it'll probably fare badly for us Americans in general because the god damn media is so biased in one direction or another. :disgust:

There is no true independent and truthful reporting which is scary as fk.
Hot off the presses! This just in!

...ftfy.

Sent from the beer depository

:therapist:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:47 pm
maxtdi wrote:I am also glad the media is finally getting their fair share of backlash for reporting bullshit for god knows how long...
Such as?

Bullshit as in sensationalist unimportant stuff? Yes.

Bullshit as in lies? No.

We need MORE reporting. Especially investigative. Not less.
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I am not going to try and break down the whole thing for you... because it won't be a good used of both of our times, since you likely won't agree and I will get :triggered:

But a lot of has to do with the Crimea and the bullshit this (last) administration and Media fabricated.

A lot of the other issues have to do with BLM and how the last president reacted and what issues it has created for the police forces in our nation.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:36 pm
maxtdi wrote:
The trump bashing and Obama praising got old... real fast.
:wat:

Obama was (appropriately) run over the coals the huge majority of the time.
There is a ton of shit being reported on Russia that is just absolute bullshit. I literally had to stop watching the news right before the Sochi Olympics. Haven't really started after...
Such as?

Also apparently it is ok to attack all things about the current president where as it was called "racist" or whatever before.
Double :wat: :wat:

Party in power is party that is attacked. Reporting 101.

RT ain't news my Soviet friend.
Why?
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:02 pm
maxtdi wrote:
But a lot of has to do with the Crimea and the bullshit this (last) administration and Media fabricated.
Factually, Crimea has been part of the Ukraine since 1991...
A lot of the other issues have to do with BLM and how the last president reacted and what issues it has created for the police forces in our nation.
Such as...?

I imagine I'm the second biggest supporter of police on this forum. BLM didn't start any issues that haven't been there for forty years.

The biggest issue with BLM is they didn't have the FBI gun down the Bundy's while they had the chance.
What does the bureau of land management have to do with all of this? :iono:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:12 pm

Such as...?

I imagine I'm the second biggest supporter of police on this forum. BLM didn't start any issues that haven't been there for forty years.

The biggest issue with BLM is they didn't have the FBI gun down the Bundy's while they had the chance.
What does the bureau of land management have to do with all of this? :iono:
:iswydt:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

How about the Federal Reserve.

today I learned my dad has zero clue what it is AND that the name federal has nothing to dowith actually elected federal .gov
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:16 pm
wap wrote:
Why?
Assuming the why is to the bolded section:

It is the responsibility of a well functioning press to be skeptical of power and a check on power, regardless of who is in charge and what policies they espouse.
Correct.

Ah. Appropriately as in doing the job the press is supposed to do, not necessarily that Obama warranted being raked over the coals as often as he was for misdeeds or lying or being a fuckwit. Got it and agreed.
We need a free, diligent press more now than at any time in the last 45 years (since Nixon).
lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: All the E46 M3s

Good commentary on why this "alternative facts" :derp: thing is dangerous:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/commentary- ... omic-data/
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:47 pm
maxtdi wrote:I am also glad the media is finally getting their fair share of backlash for reporting bullshit for god knows how long...
Such as?

Bullshit as in sensationalist unimportant stuff? Yes.

Bullshit as in lies? No.

We need MORE reporting. Especially investigative. Not less.

:notsure:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
wap wrote: Correct.

Ah. Appropriately as in doing the job the press is supposed to do, not necessarily that Obama warranted being raked over the coals as often as he was for misdeeds or lying or being a fuckwit. Got it and agreed.
We need a free, diligent press more now than at any time in the last 45 years (since Nixon).
Exactly. Not a raked over the coals in the FoxNews sense but in the "let's really look at and question what this guy is doing."

Every journalist should be doing that for every administration. Sadly it's hard expensive work and boring to most MURICANS.
:bruh:

The job of a journalist is to generate as many views/clicks as possible while spending as little time/money as possible.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: :bruh:

The job of a journalist is to generate as many views/clicks as possible while spending as little time/money as possible.
Sadly you are correct. I'm hoping the Bezos money at Washington Post takes some of that pressure off.
Why would they? Boring people to death doesn't sell.
max225

maxtdi wrote:
Such as...?

Factually it was part of the Soviet Union before then and 91% of the population welcomed the annexation. As opposed to what we did to Hawaii in 1898 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newlands_Resolution that was opposed by most of the population before we forcefully made it a state in 1959.

Crimea is none of our business.
wap

lagunasecaballs wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:29 pm Good commentary on why this "alternative facts" :derp: thing is dangerous:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/commentary- ... omic-data/
Good stuff. I saw this talked about on MSNBC over the weekend.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:29 pm
wap wrote: Correct.

Exactly. Not a raked over the coals in the FoxNews sense but in the "let's really look at and question what this guy is doing."

Every journalist should be doing that for every administration. Sadly it's hard expensive work and boring to most MURICANS.
:word:
max225

MSNBC is just as left a Fox news is right :disgust:
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:40 pm
maxtdi wrote:
Factually it was part of the Soviet Union before then and 91% of the population welcomed the annexation. As opposed to what we did to Hawaii in 1898 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newlands_Resolution that was opposed by most of the population before we forcefully made it a state in 1959.

Crimea is none of our business.
So Spain should be allowed to move troops into Puerto Rico?
If the Puerto Rican ppl want it why not? That's how democracy works.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:02 pm
maxtdi wrote:
If the Puerto Rican ppl want it why not? That's how democracy works.
Why didnt Crimea bring it before the U.N. in a petition then? There are international procedures in place for this.

I have absolutely no fucks given about what territory goes where. I have tons given about an invasion of a sovereign land, welcomed by the local population or not.
The UN :yeahok: I am sure that worked out great for the Palestinians over the last 50 years. That organization is close to utterly useless when it comes to matters as such.

Don't forget we're still in Afghanistan fighting a population of which 70% can't read and write... after supplying them with arms to fight the russians in the 80s, even thought the Russians actually established a working government and got rid of a lot of the religious bs etc.

This country does some :derp: shit constantly. And for all of our sake I hope it stops at some point. But pointing fingers at something that is an affair for Russia and Ukraine is not something we need to be involved in.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:11 pm
maxtdi wrote:
The UN :yeahok: I am sure that worked out great for the Palestinians over the last 50 years. That organization is close to utterly useless when it comes to matters as such.

Don't forget we're still in Afghanistan fighting a population of which 70% can't read and write... after supplying them with arms to fight the russians in the 80s, even thought the Russians actually established a working government and got rid of a lot of the religious bs etc.

This country does some :derp: shit constantly. And for all of our sake I hope it stops at some point. But pointing fingers at something that is an affair for Russia and Ukraine is not something we need to be involved in.
:wat:

How are we involved in it? No troops there, no unplanned weapon sales to Ukraine. Sanctions, sure, but sanctions serve lots of other purposes.

I get they are your people but you are so afraid of the Chinese when their long-term interests are interwoven and directionally similar to ours while the Russian interests are indirect opposition to ours in many cases. This isn't about picking a 'bad guy' it's about what's best for the long term interests of the states. If that isn't your concern, that's totally fine, it's just confusing to me as you profess it to be.
How are Russian interests different than ours and Chinese are the same :wtf: ? Last I checked china is engaged in building some weapons bases in the south china sea. Not only that but they are spending at least twice what russia is spending on their military and it is increasing at an alarming rate annually.

Fundamentally there are various differences between all 3 countries. However I don't perceive Russia to be a threat to the US. The country is still relatively in shambles and corrupt. However one can argue that we and china are also quite up high on the corruption index.

I am worried about china for a plethora of reasons including and not limited to the fact that they became the worlds manufacturing epicenter why we focused on "high paying jobs" or whatever you want to call the last 20 years. I am also concerned that in a very short moment of time that said "cheap labor" carried china to be the worlds biggest economy. (yes I know you'll post their BS budget which even the CIA proved is BS).

China continues to expand at a much more rapid pace than we are and at some point will be the world superpower. Russia will never be that way again... Russians don't have kids and there are only 142 million of them, every economy is a pyramid scheme of sorts and the russian one has been in shambles for far too long.
max225

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-g ... itics.html

:lolgasm:

Sounds like we're about to go balls deeper into the cesspool of what this state is already.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

maxtdi wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:18 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:02 pm I'd like this thread to be about recent changes the Trump administration is making in the world. I have a hard time keeping up with all the news being on night shift and not talking to anyone, really.

I'll start it out with a nice New York Times article on diversity of his cabinet. It's basically the most white male cabinet since Reagan.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... .html?_r=0

Kind of ridiculous, and how I feel about the oil industry. It's run by old fat white men.

--------
Foreign aid cut for organizations that support abortions
US not participating in TPP
I think this Diversity thing went way too far. Obamas cabinet didn't accurately represent america. Trump pulled a 180 on that..
Sooooooooo the country is basically 99% old fat white men.

Uh. Ok.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:49 pm
maxtdi wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:18 pm

I think this Diversity thing went way too far. Obamas cabinet didn't accurately represent america. Trump pulled a 180 on that..

Uh. Ok.
You better hope they are the best ppl for the job first and then at whether the have a dick or are a different shade. As opposed to the other way around which has been absolutely :disgust:

This media spin is getting old.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

:aintcare:

in other others, I finally ordered my ak tooling.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

maxtdi wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:49 pm

Uh. Ok.
You better hope they are the best ppl for the job first and then at whether the have a dick or are a different shade. As opposed to the other way around which has been absolutely :disgust:

No I know that. I'm being :trollface: really. Best person for the job should get the position really.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:10 pm
maxtdi wrote:

I'm not convinced. Either way.
Well this country is an a tough spot and getting frankly exhausted by the two polar points of view that have been entrenched in everyone's mind. Contrary to that message of "unity" of what all the media is crediting to Obama. He did nothing of that sort. There was a large portion of the population that obviously didn't share that sentiment and rebelled in a way that elected a cheeto.