Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

max225 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:04 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:57 am

Sadly Max and the Iron Whores are 450 miles away
:hubba:
?
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Huckleberry wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:43 pm
max225 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:04 pm

:hubba:
?
I love that movie. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Detroit wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:46 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:45 pm

That's because he is Archduke Christopher Allentown IX, Master of the Leafy Green Enclave of Yuppolia, Michigan. He gets what he wants.
Basically.

I just expected something similar to Chevrolet where nearly every dealer I emailed responded with a quote without more than a few emails. What's so unreasonable about that?
Its not unreasonable at all. Seems to me that it should be a lot easier for a dude that works for FCA. Have you talked to any work bros/colleagues who have bought? Or are you too new to want to go that route? There has gotta be a way through the red tape just gotta find a guide.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I had pretty good experiences shopping Fiesta STs. They would just send over the price and that was it, they also pulled one right out of the showroom for me to drive since it was the spec I wanted, rather than having me take out the grey non Recaros one that was already outside.

Also most of my Ford service experiences while Bang Bussing were pretty good. I’ve only interacted with Chevy :dillerman: twice in my five years of ownershit, but they were both fine too.

My worst :dillerman: experience by far was that time Tesla closed down their entire dealer network while I was in the Tesla store :wtf:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Irish wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:46 pm
Basically.

I just expected something similar to Chevrolet where nearly every dealer I emailed responded with a quote without more than a few emails. What's so unreasonable about that?
Its not unreasonable at all. Seems to me that it should be a lot easier for a dude that works for FCA. Have you talked to any work bros/colleagues who have bought? Or are you too new to want to go that route? There has gotta be a way through the red tape just gotta find a guide.
Most just pick a close dealer and take employee pricing and done. I was hoping to do better that employee pricing on these nearly 2 year old models, buy that seems impossible without blowing a day sitting in the building playing :dillerman: games.

I'm just going to order exactly what I want from the Jeep dealer I drive by every day.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:20 am
Irish wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:39 pm
Most just pick a close dealer and take employee pricing and done. I was hoping to do better that employee pricing on these nearly 2 year old models, buy that seems impossible without blowing a day sitting in the building playing :dillerman: games.

I'm just going to order exactly what I want from the Jeep dealer I drive by every day.
Sometimes it just isn't worth it. This way, you save the headaches, pain, and get your exact choices in everything. Sounds like you'll still get fair pricing, so I don't see why not.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

D Griff wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:20 am

Sometimes it just isn't worth it. This way, you save the headaches, pain, and get your exact choices in everything. Sounds like you'll still get fair pricing, so I don't see why not.
Exactly.

A couple extra bucks won't kill you, but you get just what you want.... And the Monrony with "The vehicle was especially built for <your name> " on it is priceless. :D

:hue:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:35 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:24 pm

Exactly.

A couple extra bucks won't kill you, but you get just what you want.... And the Monrony with "The vehicle was especially built for <your name> " on it is priceless. :D

I’ve been down the road of buying the wrong color or similar, that will hug you the entire time you own the car. An extra $1000 or something will be forgotten within the month.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:53 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:35 pm

Exactly.

I’ve been down the road of buying the wrong color or similar, that will hug you the entire time you own the car. An extra $1000 or something will be forgotten within the month.
I've never once had anything that checked every single box. I usually just buy the closest thing I can find (and afford). I've been debating for years what would happen if I ordered a vehicle exactly how I wanted (its staying power, etc). Might just find out assuming I can settle on something.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

No one bought a new jeep over the weekend? :sad:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

dubshow wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:53 am No one bought a new jeep over the weekend? :sad:
I bought new wiper blades for my stupid :truk: . :iono: :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:58 am
dubshow wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:53 am No one bought a new jeep over the weekend? :sad:
What'd you buy? Mine needs new wiper blades, but I've been too :scrooge: since the truck is going back in 4 months. At least the driver's side should be changed, :doe: it's really streaky.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:22 am

What'd you buy? Mine needs new wiper blades, but I've been too :scrooge: since the truck is going back in 4 months. At least the driver's side should be changed, :doe: it's really streaky.
I :troywax: on some Bosch Envision's, they're Icons with Rain-X in them and so far they're amazing. Wiper blades are some things that I prefer to :troywax: on high end ones.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:27 am
Detroit wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:22 am
I :troywax: on some Bosch Envision's, they're Icons with Rain-X in them and so far they're amazing. Wiper blades are some things that I prefer to :troywax: on high end ones.
:notbad:

I just put Bosch Icons on the Volt and :poorvette: and they're fantastic. Will likely replace on the truck too..
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

I only go with Bosch Icons for my vehicles. I've never had good luck with the Rain-X blades or any other type of beam wiper.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

I bought a cabinet for my booze.

Washed the 911 and found some gnarly scratches that got applied by something that fell off a dump truck that cut across 2 lanes to make an exit on the highway. :rage:

Not sure if they will polish out. Left a couple patches of scratches and about 10-12 small rock chips on the front bumper.
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:55 am

I bought a cabinet for my booze.

Washed the 911 and found some gnarly scratches that got applied by something that fell off a dump truck that cut across 2 lanes to make an exit on the highway. :rage:

Not sure if they will polish out. Left a couple patches of scratches and about 10-12 small rock chips on the front bumper.
:yikes: hopefully they polish out nicely!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I had icons on my Legacy but they weren't as good as the piaa blades I had on before them.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I needed a good laugh. But I'm sure someone will buy it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

now this i like:

https://www.allstardodge.com/vehicle-de ... G3KW580843

$50k doe. And Im sure its $30k at max's local :dillerman:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

When's the Gladv8or coming?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:18 am When's the Gladv8or coming?
its here apparently. Look up. Only $70k. $15k bump. :dillerman:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:20 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:18 am When's the Gladv8or coming?
Never?

AEV would be the ticket for that.
Don't crush my dreams of watching others buy them and never getting one for myself.
ChrisoftheNorth

Gladiator markups are :lolol: