Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:07 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:17 am

The news is that they like to swap cars bruh ? Am I writing in Russian ?
:iono: why this is unusual, married people :doit: all of the time.
:iono:
DPLAC talks about how he never drives the JLU
I don't think :mahtroy: woman drives the BRZ
I don't think :waxer: 's woman drives the Richshe
My woman never drives the mini or any of my cars unless I am :drunk:

It seems like the man in the desert actually has an :impressive: sharing arrangement with the woman as he tends after the BMW and drives it a bit, and she constantly drives the GoudaMT800
max225

Also should we bring up that the Guadawagon that is irreplaceable is actually slower than a JT.... or nah... God given LS V8 accounted for etc. How does one avoid the irrefutable need to end ones life knowing that.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:27 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:52 pm

1. The Tahoe was our first communal purchase....in 2011? At the time she had the CLS550 and I had the GTI. She needed something to transport her dogs in......I wanted a larger 4X4 for summer trips.
Neither of us needed or wanted a fancy new truck/SUV and we still don't. I'm not putting two 80 lb. dogs in a Range Rover or an X5. That's what you do if you're outlandishly rich or outlandishly gay.
This is a big American SUV with WeatherTech throughout....It's meant to haul shit. It is setup like a V8 minivan. The big sway bars are made for the highway, not the trail. The intake and brola muffler give
a nice soft rumble that is pleasing without being over the top. I still like to drive it.

2. Not all women fit into Zhukov's world view. She didn't mind buying half a Chevy, and she doesn't mind driving it. It has served us well over 8 years and 65K miles, and will continue to do so. There is a reason there are still so many GMT800s on the road in rust free states.....they are simple, with an incredibly reliable powertrain......all you gotta do is change the fluids on the reg. I'm coming up on 140K miles . I will change the transmission fluid again at 150K. She likes driving the BMW, but prefers being a passenger in the Tahoe......she spreads various paperwork for wherever we're going all over the fking place like Jodl in the bunker. being stuck in the "cockpit" of the BMW cramps her field general vibe.

:mahman: on the bolded.
:themoreyouknow:

It all makes sense. I am surprised someone wielding something as mighty as a CLS550 would want to be seen in a GMT800 :truk: but that is in an :impressive: automotive range! While some may see this as some kind of undermining I actually was quite curious in the thought process behind all of it, and it makes sense! Thanks for actually explaining vs going full :rage: :triggered: :wrong: DFD style meltdown to a mere curiosity of how your household is setup.

So you two share all finances now? I.E you bought half the brown sled?
We got married almost exactly a year ago. We are business partners. We have several joint checking accounts. We have life insurance policies on each other. All my stuff goes to her if I die and vice versa. We are "or" on all car titles so she could go sell the Vette this afternoon if she had a mind to. WE'RE in deep bro. All of this stuff was true before marriage, FWIW. If you meet somebody you trust, you might as well just go for it.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:38 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:27 pm

:themoreyouknow:

It all makes sense. I am surprised someone wielding something as mighty as a CLS550 would want to be seen in a GMT800 :truk: but that is in an :impressive: automotive range! While some may see this as some kind of undermining I actually was quite curious in the thought process behind all of it, and it makes sense! Thanks for actually explaining vs going full :rage: :triggered: :wrong: DFD style meltdown to a mere curiosity of how your household is setup.

So you two share all finances now? I.E you bought half the brown sled?
We got married almost exactly a year ago. We are business partners. We have several joint checking accounts. We have life insurance policies on each other. All my stuff goes to her if I die and vice versa. We are "or" on all car titles so she could go sell the Vette this afternoon if she had a mind to. WE'RE in deep bro. All of this stuff was true before marriage, FWIW. If you meet somebody you trust, you might as well just go for it.
Interesting... yea I am sure the whole "trust" factor is all fine and dandy, but given what I learned from my past (i am not a young lad either), things do change over time, less so in older folks because they become more settled, but overall they do. Trust is a hard thing to build.

Also I didn't know you got re-married! Congrats :)
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:46 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:38 pm

Interesting... yea I am sure the whole "trust" factor is all fine and dandy, but given what I learned from my past (i am not a young lad either), things do change over time, less so in older folks because they become more settled, but overall they do. Trust is a hard thing to build.

Yes. This is round 2 for both of us we know who we are and my solo cf is almost out the door. I think you and I would probably agree that its substance over form on marriage......I didn't really see a need to get married but it made her happy so what the hell. I already felt married.... 6 years ago we far more financially entwined than I ever was with my first wife, who I was married to for 16 years, 10 of them miserable.

Neither one of us are big $$$$ wasters other than wine, which we both agree on. We haven't set a threshold where you gotta ask for permission on a transaction, but based on history I'd say it's about 5 grand. These issues rarely come up. She's taking a European cruise next may with a girlfriend for like 8 grand, which she asked to do and I was fully supportive of. I told her I was going to go buy the MBZ for my kid. That sorta thing.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:56 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:46 pm

Yes. This is round 2 for both of us we know who we are and my solo cf is almost out the door. I think you and I would probably agree that its substance over form on marriage......I didn't really see a need to get married but it made her happy so what the hell. I already felt married.... 6 years ago we far more financially entwined than I ever was with my first wife, who I was married to for 16 years, 10 of them miserable.

Neither one of us are big $$$$ wasters other than wine, which we both agree on. We haven't set a threshold where you gotta ask for permission on a transaction, but based on history I'd say it's about 5 grand. These issues rarely come up. She's taking a European cruise next may with a girlfriend for like 8 grand, which she asked to do and I was fully supportive of. I told her I was going to go buy the MBZ for my kid. That sorta thing.
I didn't realize you were a winer!
8 G cruise ? Is it 5 weeks long?

I was pricing these out a while ago... Curious about the deets.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:02 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:56 pm

That includes airfare.....It is an Adriatic Cruise with a lot of Croatian ports of call, ends up in Venice. I haven't investigated it in detail I just said to go for it.

I have a 300 bottle wine fridge with notta lotta room in it. Part of the Cartel Condo allure is its proximity to the Valle de Guadalupe, the largest wine region in Mexico.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:10 pm

That includes airfare.....It is an Adriatic Cruise with a lot of Croatian ports of call, ends up in Venice. I haven't investigated it in detail I just said to go for it.

I have a 300 bottle wine fridge with notta lotta room in it. Part of the Cartel Condo allure is its proximity to the Valle de Guadalupe, the largest wine region in Mexico.
I was meaning to ask you how that fridge is holding up. I forget did you get the single or dual temp model? Thinking about a single for me as I only drink reds, mostly Cabs.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:13 pm

I was meaning to ask you how that fridge is holding up. I forget did you get the single or dual temp model? Thinking about a single for me as I only drink reds, mostly Cabs.
I got a headache from reading this.
max225

Yea that’s kewl. The euro cruises are fairly reasonable ... I was scoping out 7 day nice cruises with whorewegian and Mcl for around 1200 a pop after taxes.

My dad really likes red as well, but I can’t drink it well... stains my teeth lips and then #2 so I decided red is not for me, not to mentioned the headaches
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:13 pm

Like a champ, we're at almost two years now? Single temp, we're mostly red people, and you can STORE white at 54 then pull it and take it into the 30s/40s.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:18 pm

Yea that’s kewl. The euro cruises are fairly reasonable ... I was scoping out 7 day nice cruises with whorewegian and Mcl for around 1200 a pop after taxes.

My dad really likes red as well, but I can’t drink it well... stains my teeth lips and then #2 so I decided red is not for me, not to mentioned the headaches
Drink it through a straw :gay:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Interesting I suffer no ill effects from red other than the drunk thing.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:22 pm

How much do you normally drink? (of the red stuff)
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:24 pm

The only time I have issues with what you mentioned is if I were to drink more than one bottle by myself.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I love wine. It's likely our biggest expenditure too since we both love it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

:dat:

If I drink more than a bottle on my own, I'm usually in for a bit of a headache.

I've noticed some staining on teeth/gums/lips that toothbrushing with the Sonicare always takes care of.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Yea usally 1 bottle=fun anything less might as well not drink. And 1 bottle of red=headache vs 2 bottles of white (non barrel aged) which is still ok.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Typically split a bottle on school nights, sometimes we go two on weekends. Augmentation with bourbon reduces consumption proportionately.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:42 pm
Typically split a bottle on school nights, sometimes we go two on weekends. Augmentation with bourbon reduces consumption proportionately.
Yea dark liquor+red wine... headache central for me. Can't do it. I can manage 1/2 a red which is really 2 glasses. But full bottle+paincave the next day.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:45 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:42 pm

Yea dark liquor+red wine... headache central for me. Can't do it. I can manage 1/2 a red which is really 2 glasses. But full bottle+paincave the next day.
I can't drink gin. Makes me a zombie. Usually bourbon helps keep it real for me vs. vodka........but exception. There is this place in town called Miro's......the bartender there Allison makes THE BEST Manhattan I have ever had. But man I can only do one. Two just kept causing problems.....somehow the sugar in these things from the vermouth just accelerates the hitting power of the bourbon and really gets me fucked up....I was getting into arguments with my wife, etc., and booze is here to enhance my life, not do that shit. So no gin, one Allison Manhattan only. Bourbon on ice? I can go through a lot of that shit like a pro, not that I should.
max225

I don’t do sugar in my drinks period, 0 zilch nada never
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:00 pm I don’t do sugar in my drinks period, 0 zilch nada never
Dat Iron Horse
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:00 pm I don’t do sugar in my drinks period, 0 zilch nada never
:wrong:
ChrisoftheNorth

Gin dirty martinis...super dirty are my jam. I think I'll have one tonight.