Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Don’t forget it waaaaash it
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:21 pm Don’t forget it waaaaash it
Yep! There’s a little detail garage shop not too far from me, so this weekend I’m going to grab a few things. Any products you like? My pops always had Meguires stuff, so I’d wash my GTI with that, but it’s been years since I had the ability to wash a car at my own place and don’t own anything.

Couple of five gal buckets, a grit guard, some mits.. what else should I be grabbing?
max225

SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:55 pm
Yep! There’s a little detail garage shop not too far from me, so this weekend I’m going to grab a few things. Any products you like? My pops always had Meguires stuff, so I’d wash my GTI with that, but it’s been years since I had the ability to wash a car at my own place and don’t own anything.

Couple of five gal buckets, a grit guard, some mits.. what else should I be grabbing?
I use chemical guys and meguires … no issues with either. I’d pick up a decent wheel cleaner and tire cleaner/shine as well
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:13 pm

I use chemical guys and meguires … no issues with either. I’d pick up a decent wheel cleaner and tire cleaner/shine as well
Good call.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

There are good detailing products everywhere these days, honestly.

I use The Rag Company for all things microfiber, including wash mitts.
https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/DF6F ... kle_mcd_hl

For car was I use the Koch-Chemie GSF (gentle snow foam). If you don't have a pressure washer and foam cannon it's not needed, anything will do (Adam's, Meguiars, whatever).

I'd recommend picking up a drying aid at the very least. Adds a bit of protection and makes it way easier/slicker when drying the car. I use P&S Bead Maker (also in that store) - it's great.

If you want to add a quick layer of protection, use a strip wash and then add a layer of Sonax Polymer Netshield. Seriously the easiest thing to apply and it'll make the car bead like crazy without the hassle of needing to fully correct the paint for a coating.
https://www.amazon.com/Sonax-223300-Pol ... hdGY&psc=1
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:20 pm

For car was I use the Koch-Chemie GSF (gentle snow foam). If you don't have a pressure washer and foam cannon it's not needed, anything will do (Adam's, Meguiars, whatever).

I'd recommend picking up a drying aid at the very least. Adds a bit of protection and makes it way easier/slicker when drying the car. I use P&S Bead Maker (also in that store) - it's great.

If you want to add a quick layer of protection, use a strip wash and then add a layer of Sonax Polymer Netshield. Seriously the easiest thing to apply and it'll make the car bead like crazy without the hassle of needing to fully correct the paint for a coating.
Nice. Thanks for the reccs!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:06 pm
coogles wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:20 pm

Nice. Thanks for the reccs!
I know it sounds :fullretard: but I use turtle wax stuff now. It’s cheap and lasts a long time. Even the detailer of doom was impressed when he washed the car. Said it was beading like crazy.

Right now I’m trying out the graphene stuff which works well. After the first coat, I just spray it on as I’m drying the car after every wash. I used the regular ceramic stuff before and that was good too.

Turtle Wax 53477 Hybrid Solutions Pro Flex Wax, Graphene Spray Wax, 23 oz. https://a.co/d/hK2LGRU

Turtle Wax 53410 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wet Wax - 26 Fl Oz. https://a.co/d/eZrVqjn
max225

Speaking of coatings

https://a.co/d/hR2dS6p

This is the best I have used
SAWCE

Costco had a bucket of chemical guys stuff for $50, so I grabbed that this morning.
5 gal bucket, car wash, wheel/tire cleaner, interior cleaner/protectant, glass cleaner, wash mit, 36”x25” microfiber towel, and some air fresheners (dgaf about those).

Another bucket with a grit guard, some more microfibers, and one of these sealants you guys suggest and I should be all set.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

SAWCE wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:10 pm Costco had a bucket of chemical guys stuff for $50, so I grabbed that this morning.
5 gal bucket, car wash, wheel/tire cleaner, interior cleaner/protectant, glass cleaner, wash mit, 36”x25” microfiber towel, and some air fresheners (dgaf about those).

Another bucket with a grit guard, some more microfibers, and one of these sealants you guys suggest and I should be all set.
Thats a good :dill: its been a while since ive been to costco-hoe (thats how i tell :tits: costco).
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:32 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:10 pm Costco had a bucket of chemical guys stuff for $50, so I grabbed that this morning.

Thats a good :dill: its been a while since ive been to costco-hoe (thats how i tell :tits: costco).
I went today and blew $295 :disgust:
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:15 pm

Even with that unexpected $50 I was only at $165 today today :notbad:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:08 pm

I just got back. $183 today. :tits: was impressed we spent under $200. I’m questioning what we bought for $183.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Killer car dude. I’m jealous.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:08 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:08 pm

I just got back. $183 today. :tits: was impressed we spent under $200. I’m questioning what we bought for $183.
Costco is :waxer:

I bought some grass seed for $60, two cases of protein shakes for :tits: at $32 each, those were the biggest ticket. Got a good amount of groceries. Still, too much money…
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:20 pm Killer car dude. I’m jealous.
Thanks man!

It’s been nothing but fun to drive this last week. I crack a smile every time I’m in it.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I earned enough points with my paypal cc (that i earned long ago), I can get gift cards from costco. Already looking forward to use it when i come back.

That said, its like opening a hole in my bank account when :tits: wants some unnecessary. Although the only overpriced shit that im glad i bought was a wheelie carrier, kinda similar to a kid wagon. Worked great on the move, also whenever we have a grocery haul at, you guessed it, costco-hoe.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:00 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:08 pm

Costco is :waxer:

I bought some grass seed for $60, two cases of protein shakes for :tits: at $32 each, those were the biggest ticket. Got a good amount of groceries. Still, too much money…
I did get a bottle of water before we left for 25 cents so I’ve got that going for me. No hot dog :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I actually bought :tits: a hotdog and got myself a Diet Pepsi on the way out, tried a bite of the dog, honestly quite good. I'll probably grab that deal for $1.50 every visit moving forward :lolol:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:58 am I actually bought :tits: a hotdog and got myself a Diet Pepsi on the way out, tried a bite of the dog, honestly quite good. I'll probably grab that deal for $1.50 every visit moving forward :lolol:
Their hot dogs are legit. If I'm ever there around lunch time I'll usually get one as $1.50 can't be beat. And they do sell packs of them in the refrigerated section too.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

As a note on sealants, the guy I sold the :gorf: to just texted me last night asking what I used on the car because it's still beading up and he wants to use the same stuff.

5 months later is quite an endorsement of the turtle wax stuff.
SAWCE

Finally hit Napa. Intake and cabin air filters replaced, and picked up an oil filter.. probably change oil next weekend.

Windshield washers weren’t spraying, so I bought fluid and topped the two reservoirs off. Still not spraying, and it turns out they weren’t empty. I can here the motor of the pump doing its thing, so I’m going to try clearing the nozzles and if that doesn’t fix things then I’ll pull the liner from the hood and check to make sure the liens aren’t kinked or torn. Hopefully and easy/cheap troubleshoot and fix.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:37 pm Finally hit Napa. Intake and cabin air filters replaced, and picked up an oil filter.. probably change oil next weekend.

Windshield washers weren’t spraying, so I bought fluid and topped the two reservoirs off. Still not spraying, and it turns out they weren’t empty. I can here the motor of the pump doing its thing, so I’m going to try clearing the nozzles and if that doesn’t fix things then I’ll pull the liner from the hood and check to make sure the liens aren’t kinked or torn. Hopefully and easy/cheap troubleshoot and fix.
lol just bmw things.....i need to chase down that exact problem on the beemer.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:26 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:37 pm Finally hit Napa. Intake and cabin air filters replaced, and picked up an oil filter.. probably change oil next weekend.

Come on over, let’s do carbro things in the driveway.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

SAWCE wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:25 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:26 am

Come on over, let’s do carbro things in the driveway.
:lol: on my way see you in 4 days
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.