Turn Signals Optional: Gberg’s M3

Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Gberg2119 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:33 pm
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:29 pm I think you need an M tattoo now too!!
M tramp stamp. The Ultimate Driving Machine
:yesth:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Kinda sucks about the roof but at least it looks good over all and the paint is safe.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

D Griff wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:48 pm Kinda sucks about the roof but at least it looks good over all and the paint is safe.
I don't really understand how that gets missed while squeegeeing the film, especially after they washed the car before redoing it.

We'll see if the ppf sticks this time around. If not it'll have to go back again as that's a workmanship thing.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Also, while I was at the :dillerman: the $80k 3 series was gone but I saw another on the website. It DOES have those M clips on the rear sliders!!

How dare they put them on a run of the mill 3 series and not a true M!

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Mid cycle refresh M4 revealed. Glad I bought when I did. Not a huge fan of the new DRLs and of course there’s another price increase.

Funny that they got rid of the laser headlights only to put laser taillights in.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showt ... ?t=2078792
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:48 pm Also, while I was at the :dillerman: the $80k 3 series was gone but I saw another on the website. It DOES have those M clips on the rear sliders!!

How dare they put them on a run of the mill 3 series and not a true M!

:lolgasm:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:00 pm Mid cycle refresh M4 revealed. Glad I bought when I did. Not a huge fan of the new DRLs and of course there’s another price increase.

Funny that they got rid of the laser headlights only to put laser taillights in.

Head on looks like Voldemort
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

SAWCE wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:59 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:00 pm Mid cycle refresh M4 revealed. Glad I bought when I did. Not a huge fan of the new DRLs and of course there’s another price increase.

Head on looks like Voldemort
confirmed, still don't like it at all visually.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

There is something about the new 4 series aka the coupe that really bothers me past the B pilar in the back... It is kind of ugly IMO. The 3 series is better looking, which used to not be the case.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:06 am There is something about the new 4 series aka the coupe that really bothers me past the B pilar in the back... It is kind of ugly IMO. The 3 series is better looking, which used to not be the case.
It's because it looks like a mustang from the b pillar back.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:45 am
max225 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:06 am There is something about the new 4 series aka the coupe that really bothers me past the B pilar in the back... It is kind of ugly IMO. The 3 series is better looking, which used to not be the case.
I actually think its more like a Honda Accord coupe. :yikes:

Or maybe even an Altima coupe

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I think it's gotten kind of ungainly in coupe form. It just looks big, I honestly mix up the 4 and 8 when I see them. 3 series is def better IMO.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:54 am

I think it's gotten kind of ungainly in coupe form. It just looks big, I honestly mix up the 4 and 8 when I see them. 3 series is def better IMO.
How about the 3 and the 5? I honestly can’t tell them apart since the G gen. :-/
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I don't know if it has bespoke bodywork like the 3 series does, but if so they just did nothing with it. It's just a big slab sided coupe.

3 series has got those thiccc fenders at the back.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:19 pm

I don't know if it has bespoke bodywork like the 3 series does, but if so they just did nothing with it. It's just a big slab sided coupe.

3 series has got those thiccc fenders at the back.
:dat: they almost look the same size now to me but the 3 is a tad more aggressive/better looking IMO.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Gave the M its first wash today and was able to put some sealant on. Found a few more dots from the detailer of doom as well as a couple other things.

This is what bothered me about not pulling the emblems. There’s a little pocket of dirt and water that collects at the bottom of the fender emblem. There also seems to be a pretty ugly cut line or something on the passenger fender.

I think this is minor stuff that probably only I see while washing the car, but do I say something about the fender line?

max225

I think it’s time to start driving the car … you’re going to OCD doomsday yourself. The car condom has a couple of imperfections … that seems to go with the territory. Go enjoy it… they are barely noticeable and not worth the hassle.

Those are my 2cents
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:52 pm I think it’s time to start driving the car … you’re going to OCD doomsday yourself. The car condom has a couple of imperfections … that seems to go with the territory. Go enjoy it… they are barely noticeable and not worth the hassle.

Those are my 2cents
Probably right. I'm only halfway to break in as I just crossed 600 miles this weekend. Manual says I can take revs to 6k now but to avoid full load in gears 1-3.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:52 pm I think it’s time to start driving the car … you’re going to OCD doomsday yourself. The car condom has a couple of imperfections … that seems to go with the territory. Go enjoy it… they are barely noticeable and not worth the hassle.

Those are my 2cents
:dat: Seems like if they fix that cut line, they'll just fuck up in another area. You didn't notice until you washed the car so it can't be that bad. I do get it, I am pretty antsy about fuckin' up my 86 and it was less than half the price. But at the end of the day, you bought it to drive and enjoy.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Yeah I agree. It’s a bit annoying but it’s just a sticker. It’s unlikely to be perfect.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I'll leave it be. I'll just make sure to clean out those pockets underneath the fender badge but I have to be careful because I don't want the ppf to pull up. This is why I think pros pull the emblems and don't just cut around them.

In other disappointing news the car does scrape occasionally depending on the angle I pull up my driveway. The good news is that checking the bottom of the front lip and there's no damage so maybe its just a plastic underbody piece. I'll ask to take a look underneath next time I'm at the diller.

And as far as the HK audio goes, it's not great cranked up. @max, what are your EQ settings? There are no presets which sucks and I have no idea how to tune it. Not coming up with really anything on google.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:05 am I'll leave it be. I'll just make sure to clean out those pockets underneath the fender badge but I have to be careful because I don't want the ppf to pull up. This is why I think pros pull the emblems and don't just cut around them.

In other disappointing news the car does scrape occasionally depending on the angle I pull up my driveway. The good news is that checking the bottom of the front lip and there's no damage so maybe its just a plastic underbody piece. I'll ask to take a look underneath next time I'm at the diller.

And as far as the HK audio goes, it's not great cranked up. @max, what are your EQ settings? There are no presets which sucks and I have no idea how to tune it. Not coming up with really anything on google.
Hmm… I’m usually at 70% bass and 80% treble and I leave the mid range alone. My i4 had the “ok” base stereo so I’m not 100% sure what the best settings are on the current HK as my IX has a bit of a different setup.

My main complaint with that one is that there is 0 bass out back… it’s all treble but the front driver/passenger seats vibrate …
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Are a majority of the H/K speakers shared with the base car, but the H/K system uses a tuned amp? I would reach out to Bav Sound to see if they can't help. It might just be one of those things you'll want to budget for in the future if this is a long term car
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:38 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:05 am I'll leave it be. I'll just make sure to clean out those pockets underneath the fender badge but I have to be careful because I don't want the ppf to pull up. This is why I think pros pull the emblems and don't just cut around them.

Hmm… I’m usually at 70% bass and 80% treble and I leave the mid range alone. My i4 had the “ok” base stereo so I’m not 100% sure what the best settings are on the current HK as my IX has a bit of a different setup.

My main complaint with that one is that there is 0 bass out back… it’s all treble but the front driver/passenger seats vibrate …
Damn. You're cranking up that bass and treble. I just had them at +30%. I'm no audiophile but I know this system doesn't sound great when volume is up.

The genius at my dealer has a youtube video showing the one he made so I'll try that. I really have no idea which bars do what so I'll copy his and adjust from there.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:25 pm Are a majority of the H/K speakers shared with the base car, but the H/K system uses a tuned amp? I would reach out to Bav Sound to see if they can't help. It might just be one of those things you'll want to budget for in the future if this is a long term car
Not sure. The bavsound upgrade is $1k just for speakers and $650 for the subs. Hopefully I can get it to sound good enough with just the equalizer.