Turn Signals Optional: Gberg’s M3

Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:42 am
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:16 pm Carboner race seats are ridiculous in a car that is supposed to be some kind of executive/high end vehicle. Anybody have a wife/girlfriend here who is going to approve that option? One of the reasons the M3 got approved by your superior officer is that it is somewhat double duty. I mean, fuck it, sell the M3 buy a 944 with the interior ripped out except for a race seat and a fire extinguisher and has every Lindsey racing part ever sold for and turn up the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST.
Why do you hate ass hugging seats bruh. It’s like a spoiler on a GT3 it just makes sense. Racekar bruh
:dat:

:iono: if you need to accommodate a car seat for your kid, clients or equipment for work, I get needing a four door, a certain size, whatever, but :tits: isn’t choosing the seats in my car.

I’d probably carboner.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:00 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:20 pm

That's a good idea. Covrgard is the brand of film but the problem is they're pretty new and based in the UK. And maybe I'm blind but I can't find a dealer locator on their website.

I figured since most of the film nowadays is kind of the same, you have to buy the installer. I chose poorly. :facepalm:
Maybe if they’re newer you could just reach out directly and they may try to make it right to avoid tarnishing the reputation in the states. Sorry you’re dealing with the :bs: man, $3k is a lot to think about flushing down the toilet.
I thought about that too. I’ll reach out to them directly depending on what he does to fix this stuff. Or maybe I should anyway because of all the specks underneath the film.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Since it’s been raining cats and dogs here the last few days I went into the garage to take a look at the fender badges.

:disgust:

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:25 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:00 pm

Maybe if they’re newer you could just reach out directly and they may try to make it right to avoid tarnishing the reputation in the states. Sorry you’re dealing with the :bs: man, $3k is a lot to think about flushing down the toilet.
I thought about that too. I’ll reach out to them directly depending on what he does to fix this stuff. Or maybe I should anyway because of all the specks underneath the film.
I mean he’s tried to fix 5+ times at this point. I’d call them and see if they have another shop in the region they could work with to try to make it right.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:21 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:25 pm

I mean he’s tried to fix 5+ times at this point. I’d call them and see if they have another shop in the region they could work with to try to make it right.
Done. We'll see if they even respond. I've probably given this guy too long of a leash.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:57 am
D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:21 am

Done. We'll see if they even respond. I've probably given this guy too long of a leash.
No good deed goes unpunished.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:00 pm Since it’s been raining cats and dogs here the last few days I went into the garage to take a look at the fender badges.

:disgust:

What am I missing ?
max225

Is it the little corner collecting dirt?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:41 am Is it the little corner collecting dirt?
Correct. And it will only get worse over time. That's why pro's pull emblems and badges and tuck the ppf behind them.
max225

Yea honestly I don't know the level of detail these guys are supposed to get to. I have had PPF'd cars before and I would say that type of stuff is just "normal". The bubbles however... :nope: I do get that you've special ordered a special car and want it to be perfect. I just don't expect these people to get it "perfect" anytime.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Covrgard website says you can pressure wash it…
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:47 am Yea honestly I don't know the level of detail these guys are supposed to get to. I have had PPF'd cars before and I would say that type of stuff is just "normal". The bubbles however... :nope: I do get that you've special ordered a special car and want it to be perfect. I just don't expect these people to get it "perfect" anytime.
For nearly 3 grand this dude can pull the emblems and not get dirt underneath the film. I mean, the specks on the roof were plain as day when I saw them. How do you not take the extra 30 seconds to pull them out while squeegeeing?

I also noticed the weather stripping on one side of the roof is tucked in in certain places where it shouldn't be. He's going to have to pull the roof trim to fix that too.
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:59 am Covrgard website says you can pressure wash it…
Of course you can. Xpel and Stek say the same thing about pressure washers. Just avoid the edges. I also only use the 40 degree tip so the water isn't concentrated on one spot.
max225

I kind of wouldn't be surprised if the dude decides to ghost you... also given the number of issues you've had with his work. I don't think there is a snowball chance in hell he won't fuck something else up in the process. I think it's time to cut your losses and find a super detailed PPF shop to redo most of his work... or just accepting it for what it is.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:12 pm I kind of wouldn't be surprised if the dude decides to ghost you... also given the number of issues you've had with his work. I don't think there is a snowball chance in hell he won't fuck something else up in the process. I think it's time to cut your losses and find a super detailed PPF shop to redo most of his work... or just accepting it for what it is.
Probably. Then it'd be 2 ppf shops on here to ghost people. I mean, his shop is on his property so I could always knock on his door. :lol:

We'll see how he reacts on Tuesday.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:09 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:47 am Yea honestly I don't know the level of detail these guys are supposed to get to. I have had PPF'd cars before and I would say that type of stuff is just "normal". The bubbles however... :nope: I do get that you've special ordered a special car and want it to be perfect. I just don't expect these people to get it "perfect" anytime.
For nearly 3 grand this dude can pull the emblems and not get dirt underneath the film. I mean, the specks on the roof were plain as day when I saw them. How do you not take the extra 30 seconds to pull them out while squeegeeing?

I also noticed the weather stripping on one side of the roof is tucked in in certain places where it shouldn't be. He's going to have to pull the roof trim to fix that too.
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:59 am Covrgard website says you can pressure wash it…
Of course you can. Xpel and Stek say the same thing about pressure washers. Just avoid the edges. I also only use the 40 degree tip so the water isn't concentrated on one spot.

It is a premium price, I think you deserve to expect a premium result.
Desertbreh

PPFgate
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:42 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:09 pm

It is a premium price, I think you deserve to expect a premium result.
It's 3 fucking clips for the side marker. Dude was just lazy. He will absolutely be called out on it tuesday.

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:51 pmPPFgate
Why is it always something?

Mk6 - Watergate & water pumps
Mk7 - Old lady rear ending + constant misfires
Mk7.5 - Old lady t bone. No such thing as diminished value
M3 - PPFgate
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:59 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:51 pmPPFgate

M3 - PPFgate
On a positive note, an M3 after three straight golfs is pretty epic.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:02 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:59 pm

M3 - PPFgate
On a positive note, an M3 after three straight golfs is pretty epic.
I guess it's really 4 or 5 depending on if you count the Mk4 Jetta as part of the Golf family. The Mk4 Jetta with the 2.slow and my Mk5 GTI were problem free.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

So far it's radio silence from Covrgard. I messaged them on their site and emailed them.

Detailer of doom thinks I'm just dropping the car tomorrow for the b pillar. Should I give him a prior warning for all my issues or ream him out in person? Was planning to do it in person but then if he says he needs more time I'd have to come back again or he'd start ghosting me.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:11 am So far it's radio silence from Covrgard. I messaged them on their site and emailed them.

Detailer of doom thinks I'm just dropping the car tomorrow for the b pillar. Should I give him a prior warning for all my issues or ream him out in person? Was planning to do it in person but then if he says he needs more time I'd have to come back again or he'd start ghosting me.
What are you going to ask him to do? Redo the whole job?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:36 am
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:11 am So far it's radio silence from Covrgard. I messaged them on their site and emailed them.

Most of it. Both fenders need to be redone with the badges pulled so it's done correctly. Roof to get rid of the dirt underneath and because it's peeling up at the corner. Fix the weather stripping on the roof which he didn't do and the b pillar bubbles.

The think the front bumper is okay despite him not pulling the bmw emblem.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:52 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:36 am

Most of it. Both fenders need to be redone with the badges pulled so it's done correctly. Roof to get rid of the dirt underneath and because it's peeling up at the corner. Fix the weather stripping on the roof which he didn't do and the b pillar bubbles.

I’d probably do it in person… as a final Hail Mary request. Curious of the outcome. :popcorn:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:09 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:52 am

I’d probably do it in person… as a final Hail Mary request. Curious of the outcome. :popcorn:
Yeah. Point out the issues. Say you paid a premium for it to look good. Interested to hear how this goes.