Turn Signals Optional: Gberg’s M3

Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:58 pm Time to unplug that soundaktor :mk6: style
I mean, I had to do the same in my 86 :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I think in the :mk6: I actually wound up plugging it back in as it was better.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:04 pm I think in the :mk6: I actually wound up plugging it back in as it was better.
It WAS better, but I could never bring myself to plug the vibrating puck back in.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:20 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:25 am

Well it's still "real" in a sense that it's combustion within the exhaust during decell, but modern efficiency took the natural burbles away long ago. I do kinda miss it in my car. When I went from H-pipe to the x-pipe it almost completely eliminated them.

Edit: wait does "active sound design" mean the engine noise coming from the speakers? If so do the burbles inside match what's happening outside?
Yeah, active sound design is apparently all speaker stuff. I have no idea what startup, downshift, and upshift sounds are. Assuming load sound is trying to mimic induction noise.

If I throw it in sport or sport plus and rev at a standstill, it does burble a little bit which is why I thought it was real when I'd hear it while driving.

As far as H vs X-pipe, it looks like most midpipes for the G80 use an X-pipe. I think I've seen one use an H but I don't remember which one it was. Regardless, I'm planning on the AA equal length. The car definitely needs it.
Your car is still going to make the pops and burbles outside, so it sounds like they might just be amplifying them for you inside. Could be fun to drive with it on and off to see how accurate it is to the tailpipe sounds.

Definitely go equal length. I can't wait for that.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I definitely unplugged my soundaktor on the :mk6: but I don’t remember if it was when I did my intake for more whoosh noises or my turboback exhaust. It definitely didn’t need it once the exhaust was on.

I’ll try messing with it but if I already think it’s too quiet with all this shit active, odds are I’ll turn it all back on. At least until I get the midpipes.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

With just over 1500 miles on the car I took it on it's longest trip to north jersey. About 60-ish miles each way with a mix of highway and backroads where I had the chance to let it loose a bit. On both trips the car returned 23 empeegee which is :notbad: .

On the backroad bits, the car is just ridiculous. It doesn't stop pulling past 90 and kind of encourages you to drive like an asshole. I can only imagine what the competition is like. It must be :ludacris: . Even :tits: was like "I understand why you wanted to buy this car" after hearing the wail of the straight six. :muah:

I still want to do the CDV delete but the issue is probably finding a shop that knows how and is willing to do it. Yes it could accelerate clutch wear but so would any CDV delete including the ones I did on my R's. Been driving :manuel: coming up on 20 years now. I'm not sure it'd be an issue.